Author Topic: Silly things that annoy you in the sims 4.  (Read 7741 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Silly things that annoy you in the sims 4.
« on: June 01, 2020, 05:43:18 PM »
What are some insignificant things that drive you mad when playing.
I will start with Sims eating birthday cake before I have the chance to add birthday candles especially between twins birthdays.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Silly things that annoy you in the sims 4.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 05:57:29 PM »
Lumps of clay.  If you're famous and got "Fan" Mail, or completed the Stangerville storyline, you keep getting these in the mail.  And sims seem to be OBSESSED with them!

And a one-time-only, harmless little glitch I had, that totally freaked me out when it happened.  I either went into BB or CAS, and the music got stuck on when I went back to Live again.  It was the gentle guitar piece.  Ok, what's wrong with that?  It felt like I was playing out an epilogue montage, and I thought I was going to get a Game Over screen at any moment.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 07:25:56 PM »
causing me anxiety when they try something I haven't had them try before because I'm certain they'll somehow catch alight while exploring the root system under that tree on their way to Sylvan Grove. Also, the way they set fires when they try to cook. I mean, my cooking skill would be equivalent to about 1 and I haven't caused *THAT* many fires, and certainly none that set the entire kitchen alight.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 08:52:26 PM »
Dek my rags to riches Sim set the space next to her campfire on fire and the islanders all gathered to look at it but apparently couldn't reach it to put it out because the fire was too far away. At least that's what the pop up said.  Then I got 5 simoleons to replace the plate of hotdogs that had tragically been lost in the blaze.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 09:21:30 PM »
There's been a bug for quite a while with routing to put out fires caused by a campfire.  Also if my sims try to play guitar by the fire, the guitar immediately catches fire.  Someone recently made a mod that simply makes campfires not cause other fires, so you can enjoy your trip to Granite Falls without constant mishaps around the campfire.

Offline Alexg1981

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 02:10:53 AM »
What are some insignificant things that drive you mad when playing.
I will start with Sims eating birthday cake before I have the chance to add birthday candles especially between twins birthdays.

Rachel

the most annoying thing for me is when a Sim gets stuck for a while and you give him a lot of orders and it seems frozen
If you visit the link below I will appreciate you, if not it doesn't matter I want friend not enemy
My Youtube Channel

Offline liverbird1892

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 10:50:50 AM »
The animation to throw the ball when playing fetch with dog, so stupid

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline whymelani

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2020, 02:10:00 AM »
washing dishes in the bathroom sink ONLY.

NEVER using the automatic dishwasher.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2020, 04:25:31 AM »
washing dishes in the bathroom sink ONLY.

NEVER using the automatic dishwasher.

My sims use the dishwasher all the time, it's their first choice.  But they'll put ONE FREAKING PLATE in and start it up, which means 2 minutes later when their wife finishes eating the dishwasher is in use and she has to use the sink.  And then she'll usually walk right past the perfectly good kitchen sink and wash it in the bathroom.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 10:32:15 AM »
With the new expansion pack I decided to download a new sim to play. I usually recycle the same sims because it takes so long to set them up how I like. Chose a beautiful lady, changed her to my liking - different to my usual sim styles.

I was so happy to start playing with her. But once I put her in the game all of a sudden she started maxing all skills.... turns out the original sim I had downloaded had been uploaded with max skills.

From what I can tell there is no way to wipe all skills? I know you can do testing cheats and reduce them down to one but I want to get rid of them completely. I don’t understand why you can’t choose how skilled your sims are in the first place (without cheating). Surely sometimes people would want their sims skilled in certain areas etc at the start.... you know, personalise them 🙄

I rarely have time to play these days and this has just annoyed me so much that I haven’t played since.... I want to play with that sim!

In addition, I hate you can’t “lock” make up. I tend to keep the same make up for all outfits and it is laborious having to change it for every outfit....

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2020, 05:26:25 AM »
@Tigerskin You can take her into CAS and generate her identical twin. Althought tiny differences still might occur.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2020, 06:14:14 AM »
Hi @Nindigo,

Yeah I did try this but was surprised how different she looked. Examples are chunkier legs, different face/smile.

Obviously I could tweak it (and I probably will whenever I get a chance to play again) but it just frustrated me as I had spent so much time setting her up in the first place.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2020, 02:29:14 PM »
@Tigerskin  Do you use MCCC?  If not, I highly recommend it.  One of the many, many things it can do is reset all your skills.  Or pick through and set each where you want them.  It's not unusual for me to play a sim for quite a while, and then find them a spouse.  The spouse will be either an NPC or a sim I downloaded, at least halfway through Young Adult or often, beginning of Adult.  And they know absolutely nothing.  My sim has maxed nearly every skill they've picked up, and here's their love interest who might as well be a newborn.  So yeah they get a bunch of skills granted through MCCC.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2020, 12:51:58 PM »
Hi @Brian_Z ,

No I don’t use MCCC. That’s a mod isn’t it? I have never used mods in my game, although sometimes I am tempted!

I did eventually continue on with the twin thing. She seemed a lot similar this time (although still took ages to copy the previous sim)  ;D

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2020, 04:31:06 AM »
Lumps of clay - especially in university housing.. the amount of clay that appears in university housing is amazing...

Kleptomaniac sims in university, so I don't mind klepto sims normally, but in university housing it seems like they take every available seat and table, it's just a little frustrating at times, cause unless you lock your door you will have nowhere to do homework, read or even sleep. 

The whole NPC skills/ people entering unannounced are annoying but I've been able to fix those quickly enough.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax