Author Topic: The Sims Ecolife style some questions  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Alexg1981

• Nooboo
The Sims Ecolife style some questions
« on: June 02, 2020, 03:32:06 AM »
The Sims Ecolife style is the new  expansion pack, but I've got some questions. As I read and understood there's a new city Evergreen Harbor, and every choice the Sim makes will have an impact on the environment, but does this only apply to this city or to the others? Will there be a connection with the "Seasons" expansion? Let me explain for example with uncorrect behaviour it could be a warmer seasons and unpredictable and exceptional events
If you visit the link below I will appreciate you, if not it doesn't matter I want friend not enemy
My Youtube Channel

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: The Sims Ecolife style some questions
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 04:30:10 AM »
What happens in a neighborhood, affects that neighborhood only.  Making the low rent area of Evergreen Harbor maxed out filthy and polluted will only make that neighborhood like that.  Even the other 2 neighborhoods in Evergreen Harbor will be unaffected, and will be however their residents make it.  So, no, making Evergreen Harbor nasty and polluted will not make Willow Creek hotter or have extreme weather.  The only weather effect mentioned so far is that a polluted neighborhood will experience acid rain when it rains.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 04:36:59 AM »
Also, yes, every world except Strangerville will have this new ecological system.  Because of the things that happen in Strangerville during the storyline, it just wasn't compatible.  And the pre-City Living worlds will have the neighborhoods clearly defined now- the original 2 worlds always had the cheap area, mid-range area, expensive area, and business district.  Now they'll have icons for them and outlines on the world map, and will have the separate handling for the eco status.

Offline Alexg1981

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 06:10:53 AM »
Thanks for your answer, well it's only a videogame and we can't expect too much, sure it would have been nice to see weather changes like in real life.
If you visit the link below I will appreciate you, if not it doesn't matter I want friend not enemy
My Youtube Channel

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 10:55:31 AM »
Also Pollution will affect weather. If a neighborhood is polluted it will have acid rain, for example. We do not know the full extent of the effects of pollution on weather. Each neighborhood is tracked separately. All neighborhood except destination neighborhoods, and those in Strangerville have an eco foot print. All neighborhoods except the ones in Evergreen Harbor start in neutral but builds and actions can change that. Neutral is how they are now without the green or industrial effects. In Evergreen Harbor one neighborhood is green, one is industrial and one is neutral to start. There is positive and negative effects to being green and industrial. We don't know all those effects, or at least I don't. They did mention them in the Eco Lifestyle Deep Dive Livestream. Hope that helps.

Offline Alexg1981

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 12:48:37 PM »
Also Pollution will affect weather. If a neighborhood is polluted it will have acid rain, for example. We do not know the full extent of the effects of pollution on weather. Each neighborhood is tracked separately. All neighborhood except destination neighborhoods, and those in Strangerville have an eco foot print. All neighborhoods except the ones in Evergreen Harbor start in neutral but builds and actions can change that. Neutral is how they are now without the green or industrial effects. In Evergreen Harbor one neighborhood is green, one is industrial and one is neutral to start. There is positive and negative effects to being green and industrial. We don't know all those effects, or at least I don't. They did mention them in the Eco Lifestyle Deep Dive Livestream. Hope that helps.
interesting... I can't wait to try to play it  ;)
My Youtube Channel