Author Topic: [BUG] Kids cannot learn piano?  (Read 4943 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: [BUG] Kids cannot learn piano?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2020, 01:56:13 PM »
I just gave it a try, reverting the child to level 9 Social and maxing again.  It worked, she picked up Charisma!  The one skill I really wanted her to be able to work on, it's so important later and also a long grind to max.

And to clarify, yes, this was after saving last night, today I opened the game, reverted her to Social level 9, made her talk to the mirror till she maxed Social.  I found I had to let her take a few minutes break, then practice speech again, and then she acquired Charisma.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2020, 02:07:07 PM »
Thanks for clarifying @Brian_Z

With 35 days to teenhood, your child definitely needs to pick up the Charisma sskill, LOL!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2020, 02:05:25 AM »
I figured out why my child sim picked up some skills, but not others- no saving, AND also no loading screens!  Just like with the Acting bug.  I had to travel to try fishing, no fishing spots in my neighborhood, and then didn't try video gaming until she went home again.  And with Charisma, she maxed Social while hanging out in the park, and then almost immediately got Mischief on her own.  And then she went home before trying to pick up Charisma.
I originally didn't care much about Fishing, but then I decided I wanted the family to go camping, overlapping the end of summer/beginning of fall.  Fishing is one of the major things to do, especially for a kid who can't collect the plants, so it would be a real bummer if she can't raise the skill.  So, I reverted her Mental to 9, maxed again, went to the park and tried fishing.  Still couldn't get it.  Wait, what if loading screens do it too?  Reverted her Mental again still at the park, played chess till she maxed again, tried fishing... Bingo!  Then I had her play a game on her phone and she got Video Gaming too, before going home.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2020, 01:53:00 PM »
@Brian_Z 
A big thanks for the trip about travel/loading screens!
My latest batch of kids were learning all their "adult skils" just fine (at least those permitted in their current era of the SimTech Challenge).
Then one of them missed a musical instrument skill and I remember this thread---dangit, the kid learned Creativity at the beach and then the family went home.
Lesson learned.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2020, 09:34:39 PM »
About knitting, I had a child sim try to knit yesterday and learned two things.
(1) The child was building both the Knitting and Motor skills at the same time.
(2) The child could be mentored in Knitting.