Author Topic: Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs  (Read 409542 times)

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: Sunset Valley 7.0 (ALGPStSnSs)
« Reply #450 on: July 13, 2013, 09:53:42 PM »
I haven't got my hands on Island Paradise yet, so no plans so soon. Sorry.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #451 on: July 15, 2013, 02:36:33 PM »
Is it functional without Ambitions and Late Night? Or are they required for the world to work at all?

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #452 on: July 15, 2013, 05:00:00 PM »
The world is built around those two expansions because they brought the most lots to the game. It's functional without one or both of them, but it'll definitely look weird and have many things out of place.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #453 on: July 15, 2013, 08:37:26 PM »
Okay, then. Thank you for your swift reply! :)

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline darkmage0707077

• Nooboo
« Reply #454 on: July 24, 2013, 12:47:54 AM »
Hey Naga,

As everyone else says, thank you so much for making this for us!

I notice in some of your latest replies that you say you don't have University or Island Paradise yet. Would it be possible for me to buy you one of those over the Sims 3 Exchange as a gift?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #455 on: July 24, 2013, 09:17:52 AM »
I didn't plan to sound like I was asking people to buy me these.

Actually, I have University now, and I intend to get Island Paradise soon-ish, but still I have no time to play or update SV7.0 because of college. I'd be happy to accept your gift (very generous of you, by the way), but it wouldn't get me working on the update any faster, so don't worry. Thank you, though.

Also, 3 weeks of tests and final exams sucks.

Offline darkmage0707077

• Nooboo
« Reply #456 on: July 29, 2013, 06:43:56 PM »
I never intended it as an incentive to speed you up - mods/content that's rushed because of perceived demand always tends to end up sucking - merely to keep you from having to stop because of lack of funds for the expansion(s). Your world is pretty much my gold standard for towns, and is the bar which I tend to judge all the others against.

The offer to buy you Island Paradise LE remains open, as well, though now it's more of a "donation" as thanks for all the great times you've given to me and those close to me who like the game. Let me know if you're still interested and if so, how best to get it to you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #457 on: July 29, 2013, 08:32:30 PM »
Agreed, sped-up projects end up bad. Still, I'm not exactly "lacking funds". The little extra I have in my monthly income is enough to buy it whenever I'm ready. I'd love to be able to accept your offer and not feel guilty about it, but I can't. Thanks, again.

Offline Kaylana

• Nooboo
« Reply #458 on: August 02, 2013, 10:50:30 PM »
Since finding your version of Sunset Valley (I think years ago at this point), I haven't been able to go back.

If you aren't accepting personal donations, let us know your favorite charity. :)

Good luck with finals! I'm sure the next version will be well worth the wait.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #459 on: August 03, 2013, 12:12:51 PM »
My favorite charity? Wishing me luck goes a long way already! =D

In all honesty, my biggest reward from making this is the satisfaction I get from the many people who like and play it.

Thinking back on that "adding a diving spot in Sunset Valley" thing, I realized it's gonna be hell to make. I may have to make them one by one, and with this many versions... Don't worry, I'll figure it out (but if anyone has any ideas, do share).

Offline phoenixc

• Nooboo
« Reply #460 on: August 06, 2013, 08:06:52 AM »
I updated the world to IP and University
I added the 4 scuba diving from IP, updating the routing. I create 3 beach and 2 ports.
Important: If the sims don't have the necessary skill level to diving, possible to be reset. (It's an issue of game).
I didn’t imported or created any resort.

I used the version that include all EP.

I made it 2 version: with and without University in homeworld.
1.   For version with University named SV (ALnGPShSnSsUnIP)
For University in home world I included in rar the 2 necessary lots.
Credit and thanks to mysimsreality who create that for Evansadale County world.
But… you still need the Twallan mods Career, Academic Career from here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Careers and Traveler from here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler
 You also need the University rug rabbit hole from MTS created by Margaret Pendragon :  http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=498225
*Link Removed - Dead Link*

2.   The version without University in home world is named SV (ALnGPShSnSsUIP)
*Link Removed - Dead Link*

I hope I don't upset anyone, especially Naga. I modified his world that contain all EP...

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #461 on: August 07, 2013, 09:31:02 AM »
Not upset, don't worry. I did just ask for ideas, after all.

I'm not so sure about adding the university stuff to Sunset Valley. I think a big idea of the expansion was the "traveling over to the University world". Plus, the community here isn't that much of a fan of mods and their usage.

I am interested in those Island Paradise lots you mentioned, though. How many of them are there, in a minimum? What's the functionality of each of them? How did you put them down?

Offline phoenixc

• Nooboo
« Reply #462 on: August 07, 2013, 10:57:41 AM »
Not upset, don't worry. I did just ask for ideas, after all.

I'm not so sure about adding the university stuff to Sunset Valley. I think a big idea of the expansion was the "traveling over to the University world". Plus, the community here isn't that much of a fan of mods and their usage.

I am interested in those Island Paradise lots you mentioned, though. How many of them are there, in a minimum? What's the functionality of each of them? How did you put them down?

1.For that i made it 2 version.

2. Patch 1.55 come with the posibility to put lot in water, so, you can create a beach.
IP come with lot type port. You can create how many ports you want. They are necessary for creating houseboat. (no port, no houseboat)

3. Importing the scuba diving have some rules:
a. go to edit world
b. open console and type this 3 cheat
-testingcheatenabled true
-buydebug on
-enablelotlocking on
c. unlock and save to bin the diving area  that you want to place in another world. (I saved all 4 diving area in bin)
d. go to edit world in yhe world where you want to import the diving area.
d. the same 3 cheats as point b.
e. create a lot 64x64 deep in water.
f. rename him as diving area. (my game is in italian, for me is "immersion area")
g. Enter on lot and in build mod choose "flat the lot". It will diseppears under the water.
h. return to edit world and place the diving area from bin to this lot.
i. verify after placement if it's still type named "diving area".
j. return to game saving the game.
k. go out of game and restart the game... that all.

Diving area is a lot under water where you can explore cage, you can find tresors and marine manifolds and clamps.
You can have even sharks (spawning). In IP there are 4 lots. Minimum necessasy in other world is 1.

In IP the routing is different because you can discover hide islands. In Sunset I changed the destination of travel in cage (CTRL+Shift+clik on cage)

IP came with a new career - lifeguard. For this yoy need to have beachs.

(Sorry for my poor English. I'm not a native speacker and I use a programm to translate)

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #463 on: August 07, 2013, 03:48:54 PM »
Thank you, that was very helpful. I'll keep those notes in mind.

Your english is understandable, don't worry.

Offline phoenixc

• Nooboo
« Reply #464 on: August 08, 2013, 12:30:20 AM »
You can create your diving area yourself.
I found a tutorial at sims3vip: http://simsvip.com/game-guides/sims-3-island-paradise/creating-dive-lots/

anything