Author Topic: Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs  (Read 407732 times)

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: Sunset Valley + Late Night
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 11:24:25 AM »
Fixing that as I post this message. This will give around 5 sim-minutes less to the players every time they start the game in that neighborhood, but that shouldn't be that much of a difference. I'll also take this opportunity to add a bathroom to the sports bar.

Also, by doing this, the sims that had their jobs lost won't get their job performance back. Still, I guess it's better than leaving them unemployed.

::EDIT::
How ironic, when I was going to give Cycl0n3 Sw0rd his job at Journalism back, I noticed he had already become a Rabid Fan (Sports career). So much for a couch potato.

Sorry if anyone here likes Nick Alto or playing with the Alto family, but he somehow managed to get himself in the Stylist career and got 6 or 7 promotions, in 2 sim-minutes (it was 8:02 when I got to him). He's back to being a Vice-President, but the portfolio is stuck in his inventory.

It's done. Check the first post for the updated version.

Offline scamander14

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 03:35:02 PM »
Fixing that as I post this message. This will give around 5 sim-minutes less to the players every time they start the game in that neighborhood, but that shouldn't be that much of a difference. I'll also take this opportunity to add a bathroom to the sports bar.

Also, by doing this, the sims that had their jobs lost won't get their job performance back. Still, I guess it's better than leaving them unemployed.

How ironic, when I was going to give Cycl0n3 Sw0rd his job at Journalism back, I noticed he had already become a Rabid Fan (Sports career). So much for a couch potato.

Sorry if anyone here likes Nick Alto or playing with the Alto family, but he somehow managed to get himself in the Stylist career and got 6 or 7 promotions, in 2 sim-minutes (it was 8:02 when I got to him). He's back to being a Vice-President, but the portfolio is stuck in his inventory.

It's done. Check the first post for the updated version.

All those same things happened to me! and Victoria Andrews was a Criminal O.o

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Domonu

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 06:30:52 PM »
I have a couple of questions. It looks great btw...

1) Does it always go into the Sims 3 folder, or can it go into the Sims 3 Late Night folder etc?
2) I have Windows 7, and I can't find a folder that says saves inside the Sims 3 folder, do you have any ideas?

Edit: Inside my Sims 3 folder (from C://Program Files x86-Electronic Arts-The Sims 3-) I have Caches, Game, GameData, Support, Thumbnails

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 08:49:53 PM »
It's inside your Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 folder (which is created automatically upon installing), not the folder you installed the game in.

Domonu

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 12:42:20 PM »
OH ok, I get it now. Thanks :D Can't wait to start it!

Offline scamander14

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 07:39:41 PM »
Another tiny thing, this is merely about looks, but the vampire club, The Under, doesn't seem very... vampirish. When i first played it i did some major editing to make it more dark and vampiry.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 08:34:03 PM »
Just because they're vampires doesn't mean they must be gothic. I see your point, though, and I admit I didn't change it because I was lazy.

File updated, check first post.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PiaPie

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 05:28:20 PM »
Thanks so much for this.  As a very casual sim player, this makes a lot more of the game accessible to me.  I've just been moving my sims from town to town with each expansion pack, but I missed the other lots.  I actually went on the exchange to see if there was something like this, but I found it impossible to navigate.

Thanks again!

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 12:43:58 PM »
Doing some considerable changes on the local watering hole and the exclusive lounge. When it's done, Sims will stop being stupid in that cheap bar I put in the business building, and the exclusive lounge will appear in the map with a Lounge icon, so it's easier to find. This will result in a new map, and a few changes to the gallery. I'll let everyone know when it's ready, so that you can download it again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Version 2.0 released. This neighborhood should now be flawless. Latest changes include:
Business Complex changed to Visitors Allowed, bar removed.
Unagi Center is now the Exclusive Lounge.
Added a new Local Watering Hole.

Offline Musenapper

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Sunset Valley 2.0
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 02:35:38 PM »
Looks good, though I have my own version I've been working on for some time off and on.  I am curious though if you have any tips or tricks you discovered while building this.  Did you find that you had to design a lot of your own clubs?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 03:38:43 PM »
Every single one of them had to be changed in some way, either for terrain blending or for making them work (except for the Unagi Center Exclusive Lounge, that came with the Late Night bonus pack. That one didn't need anything). Read the image descriptions in the gallery for more information.

Offline Ezradimos

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 01:44:44 AM »
Is there a spa on the map?  Not sure if I missed it but I looked a few times and didnt see one.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 06:23:23 AM »
Did you have to do that? I just hurt myself with a massive facepalm.

No, there is no spa, sorry. So far it's the only flaw in 2.0, but I'm not updating it to 2.1 just because of the spa. If you are one of the few people who ever use the Spa, you may add your own if you find a place to put it (Hint: try next to Claybrick Apartment, or next to Agnes' house).

Offline Ezradimos

• Nooboo
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 01:11:17 PM »
Sorry bout that =).  Thanks for the tip , fits in fine , just fine.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2011, 03:16:35 PM »
Oh lol, I was just about to say that.

Although it was a very easy add for me.  I slipped it right into the shopping complex where the bookstore parking lot was.  It looks excellent and its right across the street from the pool, which really meshes imo.

Then, I converted the remaining parking lot space into an extension of the landscaping.  I plugged Brunton's Boxcar into the other parking lot, well... just because.  ;D

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

anything