Author Topic: Nuts for Collections  (Read 14865 times)

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
Re: Nuts for Collections
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2020, 01:29:18 PM »
AM (Aspiration Multiplier). This is a multiplier for finishing any of the components of any of the different Nature Aspirations. For level finished you add 5% to your starting multiplier of 1.00.

Since we have 2 sims, do we add up everyone's completed milestones, or can we count each completed one only once?
For example, if one of my sims completed a certain nature aspiration (all 4 milestones), and the other one only completed the first milestone of the same aspiration, do I count it as a total of 5 (25%), or 4 (20%)?

Another question: can we move items between sims' inventories?

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2020, 09:18:14 AM »
Since one of the Nature aspirations is spellcaster-based, do I assume that everything spellcaster-related is allowed, as long as it doesn't bring money?

Can we sell collected goods that aren't part of any collection (you usually get a lot of these while fishing, etc.)?

Can we sell harvest we've grown? What about the Money Tree - can we sell its fruit as well?
I will return on the spell caster part, i need to investigate some things here first.

Regarding 2 and 3, you are only allowed to sell duplicate collectibles. So you cant sell things you collect that are not part of a collection. But you can sell the produce of your plants as they are duplicate of your collection.
Money tree only gives you money right? And not a seed you can sell, if that is the case it cannot be sold.

AM (Aspiration Multiplier). This is a multiplier for finishing any of the components of any of the different Nature Aspirations. For level finished you add 5% to your starting multiplier of 1.00.

Since we have 2 sims, do we add up everyone's completed milestones, or can we count each completed one only once?
For example, if one of my sims completed a certain nature aspiration (all 4 milestones), and the other one only completed the first milestone of the same aspiration, do I count it as a total of 5 (25%), or 4 (20%)?

Another question: can we move items between sims' inventories?

You count it for both your sims, so you would get to count 5, for a multiplier of 0,25

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2020, 07:58:31 AM »
While we've been waiting for the answers to previous questions, I gathered some more:

- Some collectible-based actions give you not only the items, but also simoleons. It's inevitable, you just can't get these items by other means. Is it okay?
- The Eco Innovator Aspiration requires selling at stage 2, joining a career at level 2 and completing the career at stage 3. Which of these are allowed?
- I have stumbled upon quite a common bug with 'Identify All Unidentified Plants' part. Some gathered fruits just don't give the option, no matter the Herbalism level. It is a confirmed bug, you can read here. Is it okay to complete the milestone with a cheat, when we complete the other two parts of the milestone normally, have level 10 herbalism and have gathered all 10 plants?

Dear team, I also kindly ask you to make your decision on Spellcasters at your earliest convenience. I have been practicing quite a lot now, using them, and I'd kind of prefer not to waste time if they end up not being allowed. Thank you.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2020, 12:32:47 PM »
While we've been waiting for the answers to previous questions, I gathered some more:

- Some collectible-based actions give you not only the items, but also simoleons. It's inevitable, you just can't get these items by other means. Is it okay?
- The Eco Innovator Aspiration requires selling at stage 2, joining a career at level 2 and completing the career at stage 3. Which of these are allowed?
- I have stumbled upon quite a common bug with 'Identify All Unidentified Plants' part. Some gathered fruits just don't give the option, no matter the Herbalism level. It is a confirmed bug, you can read here. Is it okay to complete the milestone with a cheat, when we complete the other two parts of the milestone normally, have level 10 herbalism and have gathered all 10 plants?

Dear team, I also kindly ask you to make your decision on Spellcasters at your earliest convenience. I have been practicing quite a lot now, using them, and I'd kind of prefer not to waste time if they end up not being allowed. Thank you.

It took a bit longer time for me as i wanted to be sure exactly what made spellcasters different to normal sims. But it has been decided to allow spell casters, but their spell, CopyPasto is not allowed to be used. I will add that to the rules.

For your other questions:

1. You are not allowed to gain simoleons by any other means than selling duplicates.
2. Same as above, so if any of these give you any simoleons, they are off the table.
3. I have read the whole thread you linked. And to be honest, they have similiar problems, but its not sounding as its happening for everyone and not the same thing. So i think its best we take it up case by case if it should happen for anyone in their final files. So please write the team when/if you get to that point.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2020, 01:29:52 PM »
Thank you for the answers, Lena!

So please write the team when/if you get to that point.

I already did. That is why I started my research and found that link. So, I'm pretty sure that it will happen again in my new file when the event starts. And so, you can already think of what to do.
Thank you for understanding.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2020, 04:33:46 AM »
I've only been playing for about a month (got the free base game but never touched it until now) so I'm still learning things, I just looked on the guide about collectables and I don't see it mentioned there either, is there somewhere in the game where you can see what you have collected and what's missing like there was in sims 3?

I've missed doing challenges since the sims 3 ones ended but this seems like one I could do with just the base game. I always found them a good way of learning game mechanics and the most efficient way of doing things, very helpful for dynasties.

EDIT: I found it! I had noticed that little diamond in inventory but my brain never connected the dots and my mouse never triggered the tool tip either  ::)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2020, 09:11:16 AM »
Do you have to gather everything or can you buy/trade items? I generally complete the Snow Globe collection by buying them at the Flea Market. Same with the MySims trophies.

Buying/trading is fine.

I'm a little unsure with this in regards to plants, does this mean we can buy seed packets or do we have to collect/graft everything?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2020, 05:29:11 AM »
Do you have to gather everything or can you buy/trade items? I generally complete the Snow Globe collection by buying them at the Flea Market. Same with the MySims trophies.

Buying/trading is fine.

I'm a little unsure with this in regards to plants, does this mean we can buy seed packets or do we have to collect/graft everything?

Buying is fine.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2020, 10:01:01 AM »
I just realized this opens tomorrow and I haven't even started planning.  Must make a spreadsheet...
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2020, 07:54:31 PM »
Island Living comes out tomorrow, so that's too soon to be allowed for this event. I added a ban in the rules.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2020, 08:04:40 PM »
Island Living comes out tomorrow, so that's too soon to be allowed for this event. I added a ban in the rules.

What comes out tomorrow?  Island Living has been out since June 2019, so is something else releasing tomorrow? 

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2020, 08:46:04 PM »

What comes out tomorrow?  Island Living has been out since June 2019, so is something else releasing tomorrow? 

Yeah, ignore my post. Origin screwed up and had a countdown of that coming out in 18 hours. It's gone now and I totally spaced out on the pack name not even realizing what was going on lol.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2020, 08:53:56 PM »

Yeah, ignore my post. Origin screwed up and had a countdown of that coming out in 18 hours. It's gone now and I totally spaced out on the pack name not even realizing what was going on lol.

We will blame it on Monday.  It is all Monday's fault. ;)

Offline furbyqueen

• Llama Wrangler
  • doo?
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2020, 05:26:03 PM »
Are spellcasters allowed?
***Fontaine Legacy [ON HIATUS]***

• Lauren
  • Lyla