Author Topic: Buying Sets = Rip Off  (Read 1168 times)

Offline MeMeez

• Nooboo
Buying Sets = Rip Off
« on: July 28, 2020, 04:17:50 AM »
 Hello fellow Simmers, I created an account on this site to hopefully get something cleared up, as it has been more and more upsetting the deeper I dig into The Sims 3 Store website...
(PLEASE, correct me if I'm wrong..)
Has anyone added up the amount of points it costs when buying the items INDIVIDUALLY on the website??
You'd think the Set/ Compilations would be cheaper right? Or at least the same price..

Example:
April 2011 Compilation =1,795
Street Couture-Kids&Teens =475 points
Sweet Escape Nursery =583
Frontier Finds Kitchen&Dining =561
Buying each set individually =1,619
Yes, it has the same amount of items as each set combined..
That's a 176point difference..

THIS DOESN'T APPLY TO EVERY SET.
I'm not sure how many other's are more expensive, I've found enough to make me post this.. I just don't feel like typing eveything I've found..
This doesn't include sale prices or the 'Complete Your Set' option
(nervous to see those differences..)

Now, I know I'm probably being a spoiled brat, considering how small a couple hundred points seem like, considering they were given when registering the base game & EP's,
BUT for those of us that aren't gunna spend $10 on 1,000 points no matter how awesome SO MANY ITEMS ARE,
THIS IS VERY DISAPPOINTING.
Am I missing something here??
Someone please tell me I just don't know how to use a calculator..
Cause like..
If I can't trust Electronic Arts Inc.
WHO CAN I TRUST?!   :(

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Buying Sets = Rip Off
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 10:40:32 AM »
Welcome to the forums. Set price discrepancies have been a problem with The Store for a while and probably won't be fixed. Now the real problem is that they're still selling full price DLC for a game that's been unsupported for over five years. :-X I haven't paid much attention to it because I completed my Store purchases a long time ago.

Sales and "Daily Deals" are still running and still the best way to mitigate it. Some kind folks at the official forums still track the Daily Deal rotation so hopefully that's of interest to you: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866448/daily-deal-dd-2018-rotation-list-and-sales-help/p391
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything