Author Topic: The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu | Official Reveal Trailer  (Read 7790 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu | Official Reveal Trailer
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2020, 03:49:06 PM »
Let's try and stay on topic, friends 8) I liked the trailers and will get the pack on Tuesday, and then I'll learn if I like it or not. In any case, it's hard to know without at least giving it a try. Might be pleasantly surprised, it does happen. Might not, but meh. Not every ticket yields a prize. Better luck next time in that case.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2020, 04:48:18 PM »
OK, Lets get back on topic. I watched several reviews, all negative. I watched build/buy reviews and while the reviewers weren't impressed I was and seen several items I want. I watched several mostly negative reviews, and I mostly concur most looked too Star Wars specific to use in non Star Wars play. I watched a few lets play and the game play looked shallow useless outside of Batuu. So for me it is coming down to a few build/buy items and my Sims completion addiction versus $20, my fear of pack bleed through and the guarantee of the pack being buggy. After all it is a Sims pack and they always come with bugs. My addiction is strong. My love of Star Wars is also strong. I know in my heart of hearts I will be getting it sooner or later. I will be honest part of me wants to not get it. All the reviews say the same thing that I have watched, this is a poor offering lacking depth of game play. But I am still wanting it because I am a Sims addict plus a Star Wars fan and am struggling to say "NO". Is there rehab group for Sim addicts out there? I think I may have a problem.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2020, 12:53:31 PM »
Good afternoon folks,

I hope you all are having a good Sunday afternoon and are staying happy and safe this holiday weekend. Please let's stay on topic with thread. Please keep the chatter about the game pack it's self and not about anything else.

Also remember the forum rules on posting Forum Rules If you have have a problem with the game play, take it to the official Forums please.

Thank you and have a good day

Shannon

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2020, 04:31:24 PM »
OK, I am going to buy the pack, despite lacking official information and mostly disappointing lets plays and reviews, because I am addicted to this silly game. OK it appears droids that do little outside of Batuu and light sabers that most sims apparently don't have are the most integrated features. Those of you buying this pack, how are you going to incorporate them into your regular non Batuu play? I am trying to figure out why my Vamps and casters would be running around with do little droids and laxer swords off world. Please share any story ideas. 9 hour before launch and I am lacking play ideas. Thanks.

@sdhoey sorry for posting things off topic and a bit out of the posting rules. I will do better in the future.

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2020, 05:01:20 PM »
@scoed I'll likely have an R2 unit cleaning my house.  Maybe some saves will have a Star Wars themed Newcrest build.  The new items will likely make some fun parks.  But unless I get my hands on the pack and see that there's actually more I can do with it, Batuu will be a self-contained getaway and I probably won't do any more with the content than I already do with the existing Star Wars content-- which would be absolutely nothing, I forget it's even a thing except for when I visit GeekCon.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2020, 12:03:57 AM »
I have started to play with it. It will take me some time to learn everything. Obviously, a lot of effort has gone into the design of Batuu. It looks really good, and it does cater to folks who like Star Wars and the sort. My Sim has only just started with missions. The first things to do on Batuu are introductionairy which is good. The way things work are not groundbreaking and reminds one of features already existing, but it speaks more to the limitation of the Sims 4 engine, rather than a lack of imagination and inspiration on the developers' part. That is my assessment anyway. It is obvious to me that only so much can be done with what they have. So far, I have run into some slight issues, but nothing major. The fact that aliens are regular Sims in costumes doesn't bother me at all, I am a forgiving person. All those different aliens would have been a big undertaking to create seperately.

For now, I don't plan on turning the rest of the game into a Star Wars universe, but I will try to create a cantina somewhere. I don't have need of forest or jungle in other locations than Granite Falls and Selvadorada. A cool thing about Batuu is that, while it is a destination world, you aren't forced to go home after a time. There is no choosing a number of days to stay. You just arrive and go home when you like. But things do work differently there and are not a whole lot different from, say, Granite Falls. Some buildings can be considered a tent and bathroom, and stores. Your items and Simoleons remain at home and you get a new inventory for Batuu use.

I'm not at all sorry that I got it. It's just another content pack along with the rest :)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2020, 02:22:05 PM »
I've played until I got to level 3 with the scoundrels, and level 2 with the Resistance.  This pack definitely has a lot of replay value!  It is a bit disappointing that a lot of buildings are rabbitholes when you visit them, along with any trips you take in a ship-- I flew an X-Wing mission, and a couple of runs in the Millennium Falcon.
Casters only get to use certain spells on Batuu- I was able to conjure food, but I couldn't Scruberoo myself, and couldn't Transportalate anywhere.  And I couldn't freeze or Morphiate the stormtroopers, so I had to be careful who was around when I did certain things, and use my droid once I got one to shock or distract any First Order personnel.
You leave your normal inventory behind when you visit.  This could be very important to know for users of certain mods, who may want to adjust certain settings for the duration of their visit!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.