Author Topic: Ultimutt Dogtor  (Read 11073 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Ultimutt Dogtor
« on: December 24, 2020, 03:31:20 PM »
Ultimutt Dogtor

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal

Are your Sims fond of those adorable furry friends? Do they also have a good business sense to translate that passion into simoleans? If you think we're barking up the right tree, then jump in this event and see how quickly you can treat 50 patients, as well as teach your household mutts a few tricks along the way.  As a twist, only patients that earn you at least 4-stars can be counted.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create 2 Young Adult Sims - Human, Alien, or Mermaid.
  • This challenge will require the Cats & Dogs expansion
  • Add up to six dogs to the household through adoption. Do not create the dogs in CAS.
  • Dogs may be adopted as strays or adopted during an inspection. Up to three dogs can come during an inspection and at least one of the dogs must be adopted each time.
  • Once a dog has joined the household, they cannot be moved out and they must be a member of the household when the challenge ends for their tricks learned to count.
  • Dogs must be Adult.
  • Dogs must be treated if they get sick.
  • Age-related treats are not allowed.
  • Build and open a new vet clinic.
  • You may purchase the existing vet clinic (Brindleton Pawspital), if you can afford it.
  • Only the two challenge sims can treat patients.  NPC vets cannot be hired to work in the clinic.
  • The challenge ends when your household has treated 50 4-star patients

Scoring

Time (Minutes): When your Sims have treated 50 4-star patients, pause your game and note the Week, Day, and hour. Plug the information into [Lena's Spreadsheet] to give you the total minutes for your score.

TL (tricks learned): Each trick learned by a dog counts as .02 points. Look under "Trained Commands" to find out what tricks each dog knows. The tricks do not have to be unique. Do not count the "Attack" command. The base value is 1.0 plus .02 for each trick learned. EX: 24 tricks learned would result in a TL score of 1.48.

Total: Take the total time in minutes and divide by the TL value to get your score. Looking for golf scores, so lower is better.
EX: Total time to treat 50 4-star patients is 10,000 minutes. 24 tricks were learned for a multiplier of 1.48. Calculation is 10,000 / 1.48 for a final score of 6,756. Round down.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If we discover an exploit, we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort. 

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Time (Minutes)     TL          Total
mismck38091.362800
Nandarelle34341.162960
LenaLJ31191.003119
Nikitachi40311.063802
SueDenim87391.964459
techiechick52031.164485
Teresa95171.685665
Metropolis Man74161.265886
math_chick94121.327130
Noyo83371.107579
kinseyam93621.049002
Sugarnibble118371.269394
Brisayshi126131.329555
SIMantics101219811.8811692
Delokkpsi266421.9613593
sdhoey213811.4015272
mariposa1127207301.1617871

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Ultimutt Dogtor
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 04:39:49 PM »
12/30 -- changed scoring component of obtaining 5-star clinic to treating 50 patients to avoid a possible bug.
12/30 -- each patient treated will need to earn 4-stars for the treatment to count towards the 50 patients.
12/30 -- only the two challenge sims can treat patients.  NPC vets cannot be hired to work in the clinic.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 07:48:53 AM »
Hooray for the new year of Challenges!!! Everyone seems to be busy with Christmas today, but in Russia we have Christmas on January 7th, so I am here :D

A few questions right away:
- What if a dog already have some tricks learned? Should we count them or not?
- Do I understand correctly that there is no specific order of doint things? So I can start adopting whenever I like, not right after the challenge starts?

I will surely be having a lot more questions soon. So thanks in advance!

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 09:36:20 AM »
Hooray for the new year of Challenges!!! Everyone seems to be busy with Christmas today, but in Russia we have Christmas on January 7th, so I am here :D

A few questions right away:
- What if a dog already have some tricks learned? Should we count them or not?
- Do I understand correctly that there is no specific order of doint things? So I can start adopting whenever I like, not right after the challenge starts?

I will surely be having a lot more questions soon. So thanks in advance!

- You can count tricks that they have already learned.
- There is no specific order, timing on both adoptions and running the vet clinic is up to you.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 01:53:35 PM »
@mismck brought to our attention that the tricks multiplier in the scoring example needs to be .02, not.2. So, I fixed that. Thanks, Misty :)

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 05:15:44 PM »
@mismck brought to our attention that the tricks multiplier in the scoring example needs to be .02, not.2. So, I fixed that. Thanks, Misty :)

Merry Christmas, everyone.

You're welcome   ;D

I'm so excited for the new Tournament Season!!! Thank you Team for all you do to put these seasons together!
I have never done a Vet Clinic, nor have I played much with pets... With only a week to plan before the event goes live, I've been happily playing with my spreadsheets and practice files.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2020, 08:32:54 PM »
Last and only time I played a vet my vet died and i panic added the Grimm reaper to my family to look after my pet dogs.  Fingers crossed things will not be so dramatic this time around.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pinkflamingo1014

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 09:22:31 PM »
Yay!!!!! Can't wait to get started.

Am I understanding this correctly. Only allowed to adopt adult dogs?

I haven't ever purchased or played with the vet clinic so this is a new challenge for me. Is it something I turn my home lot into or something I have to create on a new lot?

Oh and Merry Christmas and Happy NEW YEAR!

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2020, 10:12:14 PM »
Yes, you only adopt adult dogs.

You have to set it up as an official vet clinic in order to earn stars, so it will be on a separate lot from the residential lot.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2020, 07:57:50 AM »
I have a question to those who are now practicing: do you ever get 5 stars from a vet clinic client?
I personally have stumbled upon an issue with the environmental score (its system was changed in June, and now no one seems to be able to get Beautifully Decorated moodlet (+3), so it's impossible to get 5 stars from the client.
But maybe, someone's game is fine? Please share your experience.
If it's a common bug, the challenge will become impossible...

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2020, 08:04:17 AM »
I have a question to those who are now practicing: do you ever get 5 stars from a vet clinic client?
I personally have stumbled upon an issue with the environmental score (its system was changed in June, and now no one seems to be able to get Beautifully Decorated moodlet (+3), so it's impossible to get 5 stars from the client.

I have not yet received a 5 star from any client. I have a couple ideas to test the next time I have a chance to play...

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2020, 08:16:01 AM »

I have not yet received a 5 star from any client. I have a couple ideas to test the next time I have a chance to play...

Looking forward to hearing the result!

Dear team, since the challenge starts the day after tomorrow, I want to offer a slight twist if it gets confirmed that the bug exists.
Since we know that you need to cure at least 50 patients to get 5 stars in any case, we can change the goal from "Reach 5 stars" to "Cure 50 patients".
Then, the final star score will become a second multiplier. We can multiply our final tricks multiplier by the star multiplier (for example, the current example says "24 tricks learned would result in a TL score of 1.48", and if a player reached 3.5 stars, you multiply 1.48 by 3.5 and get 5.18.
Then you divide your time by this final multiplier (example, 10,000/5.18=1,930). The more stars, the lower your final score will be, which fits the idea.

So please consider.
Thanks!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2020, 09:44:15 AM »

Looking forward to hearing the result!

Dear team, since the challenge starts the day after tomorrow, I want to offer a slight twist if it gets confirmed that the bug exists.
Since we know that you need to cure at least 50 patients to get 5 stars in any case, we can change the goal from "Reach 5 stars" to "Cure 50 patients".
Then, the final star score will become a second multiplier. We can multiply our final tricks multiplier by the star multiplier (for example, the current example says "24 tricks learned would result in a TL score of 1.48", and if a player reached 3.5 stars, you multiply 1.48 by 3.5 and get 5.18.
Then you divide your time by this final multiplier (example, 10,000/5.18=1,930). The more stars, the lower your final score will be, which fits the idea.

So please consider.
Thanks!

This is a great suggestion, Nikitachi. Thank you very much. Teresa is tied up today, so I will make the edits. I tracked her down just now and she saw your suggestion and likes it as well. Lena will need to change the spreadsheet to reflect the different scoring, but that should not be a big deal.

----------

EDIT -- after looking at your suggestion a bit more, Nikitachi why don't we just eliminate the star rating altogether? If one scoring component is to get to 50 cured patients, then that's the main thing. That is replacing the star rating because that's what is bugged.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2020, 11:06:44 AM »
I noted the rule change in the 2nd post.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2020, 11:21:30 AM »
EDIT -- after looking at your suggestion a bit more, Nikitachi why don't we just eliminate the star rating altogether? If one scoring component is to get to 50 cured patients, then that's the main thing. That is replacing the star rating because that's what is bugged.

Well, I'd still prefer to take the stars into account, since it's the challenge, after all :D You can't get a 5 now, but you still can get anything from 4 to 1, depending on how well you do your service. Otherwise, we can just hire vets and let them do everything as poorly as they'd like, which, in my eyes, looks like doing nothing at all. Or maybe we should at least make a rule of not using third party vets... but I'd still prefer the stars :D
Maybe someone else can share their opinion on that point? :D

anything