Author Topic: Best jobs for the level 10 rewards.  (Read 35364 times)

banded

Best jobs for the level 10 rewards.
« on: January 08, 2011, 03:45:00 PM »
As far as I know the best jobs for level 10 rewards are:
Culinary-Kelvin minus one refridgerator (phew)
Criminal (thief branch)-golden fox statue
Stylist-+20 stylin moodlet (my favorite)

I was wondering what other people consider to be the best career tracks for whatever reasons and also to ask 2 questions:
1) What does the directors seat of power do? or is it just a funky chair?
2) does anyone think it is worth pursuing a firefighting career to get 100% handiness upgrades completion?

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
Re: Best jobs for the level 10 rewards.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 04:03:59 PM »
As far as I know the best jobs for level 10 rewards are:
Culinary-Kelvin minus one refridgerator (phew)
Criminal (thief branch)-golden fox statue
Stylist-+20 stylin moodlet (my favorite)

I was wondering what other people consider to be the best career tracks for whatever reasons and also to ask 2 questions:
1) What does the directors seat of power do? or is it just a funky chair?
2) does anyone think it is worth pursuing a firefighting career to get 100% handiness upgrades completion?

I think the best reward is The Fox and stylin moodlit. The Fox is a useful trait because you can stare at it before work and get an added mood boost and the stlyin moodlet for obvious reasons.
"Go home and be a family man!"
-Guile

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 04:11:04 PM »
Regardless of whatever boost the Stylin' moodlet gives, I hate the permanent portfolio so much that I'm never making a stylist again.

My favorite reward just HAS to be the Perform Experiment On action, from the Science career. It has so many uses! There are many items in my main sims' house with experiments on them... Mostly around the kitchen and the zen area. My second favorite reward is the special fridge, and I love it so much that I made my sim get 2 of them, just to store one in the family inventory, for any cases.

banded

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 04:11:31 PM »
I agree there because I'm completely moodlet crazy. By the way, doesn't one career let you put the same moodlet as the fox on other items? that would be useful. I'm still debating whether to do firefighter for 100% unique handiness upgrades because if I do I will have to go to level 10 because I don't think I could stand a rubbish level past job in my career history. can anyone give me their opinion of the fire engine you get at level 10. Is it worth the effort?

banded

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 04:16:02 PM »
Regardless of whatever boost the Stylin' moodlet gives, I hate the permanent portfolio so much that I'm never making a stylist again.

My favorite reward just HAS to be the Perform Experiment On action, from the Science career. It has so many uses! There are many items in my main sims' house with experiments on them... Mostly around the kitchen and the zen area. My second favorite reward is the special fridge, and I love it so much that I made my sim get 2 of them, just to store one in the family inventory, for any cases.

ahh so that's it. what do you mean about hating the permanent portfolio? surely its's more of a memoir. bearing in mind that once I reach level 10 and fill my portfolio I'm quitting. Also, the fridge is useful but I still don't rate it as much as stylist and thief rewards.the only annoying thing about the stylist for me is the insane amount of time it takes to get promotions and you actually have to do something. it's even more annoying than getting from level 4 to 5 fame which really got on my nreves because my LTW was lifestyle of the rich and famous.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 04:37:58 PM »
Also, the fridge is useful but I still don't rate it as much as stylist and thief rewards.

No way. At least not for me. That fridge is the uber fridge of all time. Combine that with a lvl 10 Natural Cook and everything you make turns out Perfect. Far more helpful and long lasting than those other moodlets. And when you're talking about the family chef who cooks for a family and they get the benefit of Perfect meals, forget it...the fridge is king. I bet I know the answer for a lot of Tournament players right now which lvl 10 reward they think is the best. ;)

banded

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 04:43:59 PM »
maybe that's where or opinions would be split. I create single sims and make them uber successful meaning I cook so many meals that even without the natural cook trait (which in my opinion is a bit of a waste of a slot) and the fridge I still make meals which give the amazing meal moodlet which is just amazing. just to clarify an earlier point. I still love the fridge as it imporves meal quality and also gives a moodlet I just prefer the stylin moodlet and the golden fox.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 04:46:38 PM »
That fridge is the uber fridge of all time.

Yeah, I'm with Metro on this one.  Perfect food + a nice moodlet just for walking past the fridge, and a career that at the top requires only 12 hours a week from my Sim - in my opinion, it's hard to beat all that.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

banded

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 05:20:03 PM »
*feels bullied by bigger fish  :'(* no anyway in all seriousness I'm not too wowed by the fridge's moodlet as it's puny and also meal quality is something that can actually be perfected without the fridge, even though it is cool to have. what I'm saying is that the other things offer better moodlets and myself being obsessed with moodlets favour those rewards, especially the stylin' moodlet which never dies.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 05:29:01 PM »
*feels bullied by bigger fish  :'(*

We're offering our opinions. That's all. You started this thread seeking player's opinions. So, if we come in here and disagree with you (or agree with you), that's the whole point of healthy debate.

banded

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 05:35:34 PM »
sorry if that came across wrong, it was intended as a joke. Maybe that's why I didn't give myslef the trait good sense of humor in the traits thread. To add to my earlier point all that the fridge boild down to at the end of the day is moodlets with the +93 amazing meal moodlet but I find I can get that anyway. Still I see where you are coming from as I would definetely go through the culinary career any time for the fridge, it would just not be on top of my priorities list thatts all.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 08:54:38 PM »
The reason I love that fridge so much is not really for the quality improvement, as my sim can cook perfect stuff even if you give him a rotten egg, a dead bird, flint and tinder. I like it because it never allows the stuff stored in it to lose quality.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 09:11:20 PM »
The reason I love that fridge so much is not really for the quality improvement, as my sim can cook perfect stuff even if you give him a rotten egg, a dead bird, flint and tinder. I like it because it never allows the stuff stored in it to lose quality.

You mean prepared meals never go bad, or do mean individual ingredients?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 09:28:12 PM »
Both.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 09:29:56 PM »
Both.

Wow. Obviously, with ingredients that's nothing special since any fridge can boast that — but prepared meals? Too cool. I did not know that.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 01:23:19 AM »
No way. At least not for me. That fridge is the uber fridge of all time. Combine that with a lvl 10 Natural Cook and everything you make turns out Perfect. Far more helpful and long lasting than those other moodlets. And when you're talking about the family chef who cooks for a family and they get the benefit of Perfect meals, forget it...the fridge is king. I bet I know the answer for a lot of Tournament players right now which lvl 10 reward they think is the best. ;)

I didn't know that. Wow, that would have helped with the first challenge - I just sold it! hahaha.

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 03:38:06 AM »
Wow. Obviously, with ingredients that's nothing special since any fridge can boast that — but prepared meals? Too cool. I did not know that.

I think it was somewhere in the guide, and if not there I think I saw it near the wiki. Either way, I knew there was something like that somewhere.
"Go home and be a family man!"
-Guile

banded

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 04:55:35 AM »

wow, I didn't know that either, in that case I would have to say i'm much more impressed with the fridge now

em1993

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 09:37:59 AM »
I got my minus kelvin fridge during generation 2 of my legacy challenge, and my gen 3 heir had the culinary librarian LTW, so she spent all her time making perfect meals. Fast forward to gen 7, and we still have enough meals to last us until gen 9 stored in the fridge. So yeah, that's gotta be my favourite reward so far. Still haven't actually done the stylist career yet though, so perhaps I should withhold my judgement.

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 10:37:23 AM »
I am thinking that this fridge could be very useful to my dynasty family....

Leto85

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 11:22:10 AM »
My opinion floats somewhere between Naga's and Metro's opinion. The fridge is absolutely awesome, but the science upgrade is wonderfull too. It makes you possible to suround a baby or toddler with moodlet friendly items to force the moodbar skyhigh, which otherwise isn't possible.
Also, a sientifically upgraded master fridge is also a must have.

Tsja, just combine those two I think. Be aware that you don't accidentially delete the fridge while upgrading it, haha!

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 12:08:24 PM »
Be aware that you don't accidentially delete the fridge while upgrading it, haha!

One of the reasons I got two of them! You can get as many as you want, you just need to make your sim quit the career after he/she gets it, join the career again, and fetch that promotion.

Leto85

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 04:19:50 PM »

The food never looses quality? I didn't even know it would normally lose quality at all. It will rot, yes, after you've leave it outside a fridge but that is just normal.

Btw, that fox moodlet, it only works with the sim who got that object, and not with other sims of the family? That was what I've always thought.

I think I will add both items to my next house entry room. Sims will enter and leave the house through the kitchen to make the most out of the fridgy moodlet. Also the fox statue will be placed right in the centre of the room, so sims can use it as a last option before heading downtown.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 04:51:04 PM »
The food never looses quality? I didn't even know it would normally lose quality at all. It will rot, yes, after you've leave it outside a fridge but that is just normal.

Leftovers will eventually spoil when stored in the other fridges.  The cheaper the fridge, the faster things will spoil.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Leto85

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 05:04:20 PM »
Leftovers will eventually spoil when stored in the other fridges.  The cheaper the fridge, the faster things will spoil.

Spoil, that is correct. But that is another thing than loosing quality right? It simply can't goes back from being Perfect to Outstanding all the way back to Bad quality. Not that I've mentioned it actually.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 05:30:40 PM »
Spoil, that is correct. But that is another thing than loosing quality right? It simply can't goes back from being Perfect to Outstanding all the way back to Bad quality. Not that I've mentioned it actually.

I'm pretty sure what Naga meant when he originally said the fridge allows food to not lose quality is the same as the food not spoiling. So, it's one and the same, Leto.

Leto85

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 05:38:41 PM »
I'm pretty sure what Naga meant when he originally said the fridge allows food to not lose quality is the same as the food not spoiling. So, it's one and the same, Leto.

And I still disagree.
Spoiling and quality are two different things. A perfect made lobster can spoil too while still remaining having it's perfect quality. Quality never drops. Eating the dish only made your sim feel sick.
But I think we're heading offtopic here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 06:10:02 PM »
The fridge rules!  Alpha, my Dynasty Founder, was a natural cook/5-star chef.  To complete all his cooking challenges I stocked that fridge to the brim.  6 generations later they were still eating the food he cooked at the very beginning of my game.

Pretty sure there isn't a better reward than that!

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 06:46:32 PM »

That is correct, I did mean the food won't spoil while in the special fridge. Leto is still correct on saying that spoiling and quality-loss isn't the same.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 07:19:41 PM »
That is correct, I did mean the food won't spoil while in the special fridge. Leto is still correct on saying that spoiling and quality-loss isn't the same.

Oh, yeah...obviously. I was just guessing that you lumped them together.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 03:28:47 PM »
I have to agree with the fridge.  Of all the lvl 10 awards I have personaly gotten while playing, its the best.  Then again, i have only ever finished the Culiinary, Master Thief, Super Spy, Rock Star, and Science carrers.

And though the mad scientist's random upgarde raygun is nice, half the time, it set things on fire.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 05:30:47 PM »
What does "100% handiness upgrade completion" entail?

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 08:30:46 PM »
I beleave it is doing at least one of every possible upgrade there is.

Offline Huge

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 08:03:05 AM »
3 rewards? There should be at least 1 for each career. It's just being stingy IMO. Having said that, the Fridge is the best of the 3. You get a moodlet for a FRIDGE haha. Plus the food perfection thing and the anti-spoilling properties are great for the future generations. You might not WANT a super chef in every family, and they could start off with no cooking ability, yet have great meals).

I've thought of some ideas for a few of the other careers. Most of them are dumb but at least they're ideas :P

Law - Plaque that protects against burglary (alarms don't always prevent them).

Medical - get the opportunity to take your sim back to the CAS and start afresh if you want (ok bad idea, but invincibility was the other).

Prof. Sport - shoes to make you run super fast?

Science - Packet of 10 special seeds or something

Music - Electric guitar (I know this is available to buy off EA's site, but it should be there anyway.

Politics - Maybe have your own library ?:P

[Edited for language.  -Pam]

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 11:42:38 AM »
The "anti-burglary plaque" would be quite useless if you consider the fact that burglars barely ever appear, and when they do there are many ways to stop them.
I too think that there should be some sort of plastic surgery system, in which you could take your sim back to CAS, but not necessarily a medical career bonus.
Superfast shoes would only help if your sim goes jogging all the time, not very useful. Something like a special treadmill+weightlifting+benchpress+sandbag fitness station item that lets your sim learn the Athletic skill faster would be way more appealing.
As for science, I think the Perform Experiment thing is good enough.
Also, there are already 2 electric guitars in the game that you don't have to buy from the store; One came with High-End Loft Stuff, and the other came with Late Night (it's a special reward).
I can't think of anything for Politics right now.

inclement

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2011, 03:43:57 PM »
Waitaminute, the UberFridge does not have food SPOIL?

Seriously?

I like that fridge, but now I LOVE it.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 04:40:52 PM »
The fitness station is a neat idea Naga, but it would really only apply to those that come after your Sim, seeing as reaching lvl 10 of the pro sports career requires you to have maxed the athletic skill anyway.  Though perhaps it could give a boost to when your Sim trains another Sim.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2011, 04:52:39 PM »
Maybe it could give a moodlet to sims that pass by, just like the fridge, or give a moodlet like Pumped , but either faster or more effective (Super Pumped, lol).

Leto85

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2011, 06:31:46 PM »
I have to agree with the fridge.  Of all the lvl 10 awards I have personaly gotten while playing, its the best.  Then again, i have only ever finished the Culiinary, Master Thief, Super Spy, RocAnd though the mad scientist's random upgarde raygun is nice, half the time, it set things on fire.

Or even worse: let the object vanish instantly.
But to get back on topic: although it is not a level 10 reward, the police car you can get when reaching level 5 in the police career is not something you absolutely need to have, but it sure does look nice in your garage.
And for the movie makers among us it is a must have.
I think the police career is pretty nice, considering all the things you have collected on your way of reaching level 10.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2011, 08:18:58 PM »
the police car you can get when reaching level 5 in the police career is not something you absolutely need to have, but it sure does look nice in your garage.

I agree, Leto.  In the Clan Douglas Dynasty, one of the spouses was a police officer, and when she died the police car got passed down to the kids.  It was great fun watching the police car driving around in France or Egypt.

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2011, 02:26:30 PM »
I agree, Leto.  In the Clan Douglas Dynasty, one of the spouses was a police officer, and when she died the police car got passed down to the kids.  It was great fun watching the police car driving around in France or Egypt.

One time I had a klepto sim steal a police car. Oh the irony!

Offline Huge

• Townie
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2011, 08:11:25 AM »
The "anti-burglary plaque" would be quite useless if you consider the fact that burglars barely ever appear, and when they do there are many ways to stop them.
I too think that there should be some sort of plastic surgery system, in which you could take your sim back to CAS, but not necessarily a medical career bonus.
Superfast shoes would only help if your sim goes jogging all the time, not very useful. Something like a special treadmill+weightlifting+benchpress+sandbag fitness station item that lets your sim learn the Athletic skill faster would be way more appealing.
As for science, I think the Perform Experiment thing is good enough.
Also, there are already 2 electric guitars in the game that you don't have to buy from the store; One came with High-End Loft Stuff, and the other came with Late Night (it's a special reward).
I can't think of anything for Politics right now.
Well I did say most were daft :P Yeah thinking a bit more about it, the plaque thing would be useless.
the Loft Stuff is free?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2011, 08:42:24 AM »
@Huge, I edited your "c" word above. Just be aware of your choice of words in the future. ;)

Offline Huge

• Townie
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2011, 08:49:28 AM »
I'm always extremely aware of my choice of words. However, I see that you're American, so I relent. Some English words in America are considered worse I know (as are some American words in England).

I have done your job for you on the other post which was missed (and hence why I thought it was fine).

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2011, 09:30:03 PM »
I'm always extremely aware of my choice of words. However, I see that you're American, so I relent. Some English words in America are considered worse I know (as are some American words in England).

I have done your job for you on the other post which was missed (and hence why I thought it was fine).

Excuse me?  You relent because he's American?  You should relent because he's an Administrator on this Forum.  And you're actually not doing his job for him because I'm still editing your posts.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Huge

• Townie
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2011, 03:43:29 AM »
I can see that I'm going to have to be careful about my word choice even when not wanting to express myself fully. Sorry.

Offline Huge

• Townie
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2011, 03:35:36 AM »
I thought I'd respond to this again, as my rule breaking hijacked the thread. The High End Loft pack costs money, so that's not a free item

You mention LN, but I've not seen any other info on an E-guitar being in there. Is it the reward for completing 1 Sim Band or something?

Leto85

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2011, 07:57:22 AM »
You mention LN, but I've not seen any other info on an E-guitar being in there. Is it the reward for completing 1 Sim Band or something?

The guitar from Late Night is one that your sim can get for free from time to time when he is celebrity 5. It's one of the benefits that came with free cars and hot tubs.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2011, 11:09:59 AM »
The High End Loft pack costs money, so that's not a free item

I never said it was free, I just said you didn't have to buy it from the store. Honestly, I think the HELS SP is a must have for anyone who likes building and decorating as much as I do, and it is much more "worth the money" than buying a guitar from the store.

purplepanther101

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2011, 12:46:14 PM »
I'm quite fond of the level 10 reward in the Ghost Buster Career. It's a device that actis like the collection helper, only for stray ghosts around town. I'm really into collecting stuff, so this is really neat, as you can keep collecting ghosts outside of specific opportunities, and even after you've quit the career and gone on to something else (like culinary, with the second-best reward in my opinion :) )

Offline Huge

• Townie
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2011, 01:23:06 PM »
I never said it was free, I just said you didn't have to buy it from the store.
Well buy it from the EA store, buy it from any store, same thing. Anyway, it IS in the game in LN. Shame they made it so random :(

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2011, 01:23:37 PM »
I discovered that the superfridge kept prepared food from spoiling during the early glitch where food spoiled almost instantly when put away after the first batch went bad.  Since that was fixed, that fridge is now king.  If refrigerators were of a religious bent, that fridge would be their deity.  It's always a "must have" item.

Unfortunately, I've only played a scientist a few times, so I don't fully understand what all the "perform experiment" option is capable of.  But what I've seen is kinda cool.

Another reward I like (and I'm not even really sure it's a reward) is for the Rock branch of the Music career:  You only have to go to work when you want to.  That's a great freedom to have.

And the secret agent branch of the law enforcement career does have a reward:  you can periodically raid the criminal career building and earn some money.  It's not all that great though.

The Sims 2 had a really cool career reward (at least I thought it was cool lol) that I wish they'd bring back:  Resurrect-O-Nomitron.  I would intentionally kill sims with the intent of bidding cheaply to bring them back as a zombie.  :P  Ghosts just aren't the same.

My question is:  why would it be necessary to do this in the first place?
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Leto85

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2011, 12:56:46 PM »
My question is:  why would it be necessary to do this in the first place?

That's what I am wondering myself also. My sim got to level 10 handyness with all the extra stuff faster than he needs to reach level 10 in the fire fighter career.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2011, 10:49:54 AM »
The handiness upgrade challenge (which is what I'm assuming the original poster is referring to) only requires you to apply 10 unique upgrades to items.  This can be easily done without becoming a firefighter, and without spending a huge amount of money on things to upgrade.  In fact, cheaper items typically have more possibilities for upgrades as the more expensive appliances already include them as features.  Completing 100% of the upgrades would offer no further benefit.

So in answer to the original question:  no, I don't think it's worth becoming a firefighter to complete 100% of the available upgrades.

Leto85

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2011, 05:03:18 PM »
I'm quite fond of the level 10 reward in the Ghost Buster Career. It's a device that actis like the collection helper, only for stray ghosts around town. I'm really into collecting stuff, so this is really neat, as you can keep collecting ghosts outside of specific opportunities, and even after you've quit the career and gone on to something else (like culinary, with the second-best reward in my opinion :) )

Hey, I think I didn't knew this. How does this reward look like? It is something that goes in your inventory or so? I'm very curious because I think Max Skills sim needs this to be even more developed.
If it's an object your sim can use, will it be seen in an animation specific for using that object? I mean, like the 'beamer' like dimension-twisting-gun from becoming level 10 in the science career.

If you can see it, I see possibilities in upcoming videos. Oh yeah! :)

Offline LucreziaBorgia

• Nooboo
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2011, 01:55:02 PM »
Well buy it from the EA store, buy it from any store, same thing. Anyway, it IS in the game in LN. Shame they made it so random :(

I'm not sure that the guitar you are talking about is the same I'm thinking about, but are you aware that the things given to celebrities you can buy in the debug section and this includes this specific tv set, a car and a guitar ?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2011, 04:44:48 PM »
I'm not sure that the guitar you are talking about is the same I'm thinking about, but are you aware that the things given to celebrities you can buy in the debug section and this includes this specific tv set, a car and a guitar ?

If I had to venture a guess, I'd have to say that most of the people here know that, if for no other reason than the BuyDebug cheat is pretty much universally banned during tournament events and the various challenges.  A lot of the time, conversations around here revolve around getting things without the use of cheats for this very reason...although I can't really say for sure that this was the intent for this particular thread.  ;)

But, while I did know that there was a car and a guitar that you could get from celebrity status, I didn't know that there was a T.V. too!  That's kind of neat to know, and I'm gonna have to be on the lookout for it in my Dynasty.  

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Edit:  Almost immediately after I posted this, I got that television in my dynasty.  And it's a monster!  It almost makes it worth being a 5-star celebrity.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2011, 11:00:33 PM »
Celebrity objects is getting off topic here.  The topic is objects received from level 10 careers.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2011, 01:36:45 PM »

Is it an item you are talking about or a function you sim will get, just like sneaking after becoming a thief?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2011, 04:21:57 PM »
Is it an item you are talking about or a function you sim will get, just like sneaking after becoming a thief?

Yes, it is a special item that acts like a Collection Helper. It's called the Spirit Positioning Device.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Leto85

« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2011, 07:28:26 PM »
Yes, it is a special item that acts like a Collection Helper. It's called the Spirit Positioning Device.

Than it's my number 2 on the list of 'Best jobs for the level 10 rewards.' On number one still remains the fridge.
Hmm, I still succeeded in getting this subject back on topic after all. ;)

Sportsfan

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2011, 07:46:46 PM »
Even though the law enforcement career and private investigator profession doesn't have a level 10 reward, I do like the cars that you get from them at about level 5.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2011, 11:20:16 AM »
The Sims 2 had a really cool career reward (at least I thought it was cool lol) that I wish they'd bring back:  Resurrect-O-Nomitron.  I would intentionally kill sims with the intent of bidding cheaply to bring them back as a zombie.  :P  Ghosts just aren't the same.

I agree. Bring back zombies! And also I miss the cow plant soooo much! It would be so appropriate for celeb Sims to have.

Anyway... ::)
I have a question. This:

I'm quite fond of the level 10 reward in the Ghost Buster Career. It's a device that actis like the collection helper, only for stray ghosts around town. I'm really into collecting stuff, so this is really neat, as you can keep collecting ghosts outside of specific opportunities, and even after you've quit the career...

Can anyone confirm that? That is not how it worked for me the one time I played a Ghost Buster. Even though my Sim kept that spirit locator gizmo after quitting the job it was in fact useless because the Sim could no longer search for the ghosts. :P
Same thing when you travel which I was really annoyed about. You can see the location of the spirits in Map View but you can do nothing about it.

Was that one Ghost Buster of mine bugged or what?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2011, 11:41:50 AM »
I've never actually had a Ghost Hunter quit after reaching level 10, but I think I can confirm that this doesn't work.  You can give this device to other sims and they can use it to see the ghosts in town view, but they can't go and collect them since they're not Ghost Hunters.  It's highly likely that if your sim quits the career, they won't be able to collect them either.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2011, 06:01:20 AM »
Well, bummer.

I like the careers that gives your sims a nice reward that they can keep after quitting their job. Then you can go through several jobs collecting goodies.

Leto85

« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2011, 07:26:26 AM »
Well, bummer.

I like the careers that gives your sims a nice reward that they can keep after quitting their job. Then you can go through several jobs collecting goodies.

Well, you always still have the culinary career, science and medical career. The first give you the fridge, the second two new options for your sim which they still can use after quiting their career.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2011, 08:51:41 AM »
The fridge is nice. And I can keep doing science experiments on things?
Well, I like that. ;D

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2011, 09:19:49 AM »
Well, bummer.

But, it totally makes sense that you can't actually collect the spirits if you quit the career because there's the whole profession job and income component tied to spirits. It would be like quitting the Rock Star career but still being able to perform concerts.

Leto85

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2011, 10:37:29 AM »
But, it totally makes sense that you can't actually collect the spirits if you quit the career because there's the whole profession job and income component tied to spirits. It would be like quitting the Rock Star career but still being able to perform concerts.

If this was possible, than collecting spirits could be considered as a hidden trait, unlocked by reaching certain levels in certain careers, and capable of breeding through new generations. As this is not the case, it is logically collecting spirits will be over when the job has been quit. Although I find it pity, I can say.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2011, 11:06:51 AM »
The only real benefit would likely be that if you, in a later generation, decided to play another ghost hunter, it's probable that they could use it at level 1.  ;)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2011, 02:34:58 PM »
The only real benefit would likely be that if you, in a later generation, decided to play another ghost hunter, it's probable that they could use it at level 1.  ;)

Smart thinking, Hosfac. ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline sawadaWiz

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't look at me
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2013, 01:53:40 AM »

Level 10 Acting career's reward is cool, giving you a free place to sleep wherever you want. You can change clothes, do crazy things (I forget what they name it in game), and woohoo (never do this actually but someone said you can do it). My sim travelled at China in limo and slept at the trailer.

Offline smaurine82

• Townie
    • Jensen Legacy
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2013, 01:21:08 PM »
I got my minus kelvin fridge during generation 2 of my legacy challenge, and my gen 3 heir had the culinary librarian LTW, so she spent all her time making perfect meals. Fast forward to gen 7, and we still have enough meals to last us until gen 9 stored in the fridge. So yeah, that's gotta be my favourite reward so far. Still haven't actually done the stylist career yet though, so perhaps I should withhold my judgement.

Thanks for this awesome idea!