Author Topic: The Buslingthorpes: A Life States Dynasty (Complete)  (Read 10788 times)

Offline Beks

• Immortal
The Buslingthorpes: A Life States Dynasty (Complete)
« on: May 27, 2022, 12:51:58 PM »
The Buslingthorpes: A Life States Dynasty

It’s a new dynasty! Now that I’ve started, I can’t stop.

“Buslingthorpe” is a name that came up in a random name generator. I thought it was hilarious, and yet somehow cozy-feeling. It is my hope that this dynasty embodies those two qualities.

I am playing with Ambitions, Generations, World Adventures, Supernatural, Late Night, Showtime, and Pets. No mods, as we are in fact aiming for the Hall of Fame. Stats and notes and things will be posted here eventually. (Note: As of Chapter 43, this dynasty is no longer HoF eligible. But that's okay, because the real prize is the friends we made along the way. And stuff. Yeah.)

And now, since I’ve already played way far ahead and if I don’t start posting chapters now I shall never catch up, let us begin!

Family Tree

The Heirs & Their Stats

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Table of Contents

Chapter 1 - Well We're Starting Off Strong, Aren't We?
Chapter 2 - Juiced, Sad, & Singed
Chapter 3 - Pink Flag
Chapter 4 - Silly Questions
Chapter 5 - Supervegetable
Chapter 6 - In Which The Person Playing The Game Is A Little Bit Of An Idiot
Chapter 7 - The Sign of Three
Chapter 8 - Where's Waldo?
Chapter 9 - Eyesight
Chapter 10 - Gothic Fairy Princess
Chapter 11 - But, Fires!
Chapter 12 - The Game of Love
Chapter 13 - Poison Cake
Chapter 14 - Dark Ages
Chapter 15 - Cackles & Faints
Chapter 16 - The Cowardly Firefighter
Chapter 17 - Velcro
Chapter 18 - Polka-Dotty
Chapter 19 - A Lot Of French Sinks
Chapter 20 - Twelve
Chapter 21 - Fangs
Chapter 22 - The Joy of Plasma
Chapter 23 - Angry Mopping
Chapter 24 - Sunscreen & Silly Hats
Chapter 25 - Spacey, But Spicy
Chapter 26 - Wed & Undead
Chapter 27 - Pestilence & Paparazzi
Chapter 28 - Not With a "W"
Chapter 29 - The Goldfish Incident
Chapter 30 - Twilight Zone
Chapter 31 - Tomb Picnic
Chapter 32 - Squalor
Chapter 33 - Master of the Living
Chapter 34 - Cool Colors
Chapter 35 - Cream Puff
Chapter 36 - Dine & Dash
Chapter 37 - A Fearsome Thing To Behold
Chapter 38 - Floating
Chapter 39 - Lover's Lamp
Chapter 40 - Stone Troll Doesn't Care
Chapter 41 - A Very Blue Betrayal
Chapter 42 - Risky Sparkles
Chapter 43 - Rockin' Rider
Chapter 44 - Shimmer & Clay
Chapter 45 - Seeds

The Museum
Buslingthorpe Manor, The Isolation Cabin, & Crumplebottom Park

Epilogue
Stats & Facts

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
Re: The Buslingthorpes: A Life States Dynasty
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 01:04:25 PM »
Chapter 1 - Well We're Starting Off Strong, Aren't We?

Screenshot.jpg

This is Cornelius Buslingthorpe. He arrived in Moonlight Falls on a cloudy morning and stood on the edge of his new spit of land at 89 Horseshoe Bend, gazing at nothing as all new Sims do. He was a jumble of random traits, a fiery-haired non-supernatural human. He was a vessel of possibility.

Screenshot-32.jpg

Cornelius’s traits, while random, are spectacular, if I may say so myself. (I take full credit for pushing the “randomize” button one time.) They are Workaholic, Good Sense of Humor, Loves the Outdoors, Bookworm, and Hopeless Romantic. Mr. Buslingthorpe likes electronica music, sushi, and the color red. His Lifetime Wish fits perfectly into my dynasty plans, which are probably about to unravel: he wants to be a World-Renowned Surgeon.

Screenshot-5.jpg

After a brief moment of "oh god the dynasty's started what do I do now", I unfroze myself and sent Cornelius to get a job. He climbed into a taxi, and I said "Nope", and I canceled the action and bought a broom. We have 7,000 simoleons and this is a life states dynasty. There will be brooms or there will be no leaving the lot, ever!

Screenshot-7.jpg

So off Cornelius went, flying his new broomstick a few blocks to the hospital, where he got hired as an Organ Donor. He thought his new job title was hilarious. He thinks everything is hilarious.

Screenshot-8.jpg

After that, it was time to meet some people. (Well, not too many. He only needs one best friend and one spouse, after all.) At an empty-ish lot nearby that I had for some reason decided ought to be a Big Park (we’ll purchase the property and add some parky objects later), Cornelius spotted some young women wandering amongst the trees, looking for the picnic tables that weren’t there yet and won’t be until we can afford to place some. Cornelius was looking for a witch, and these ladies seemed…well, potentially witchy.

The blonde one was closer, so he met her first.

Screenshot-9.jpg

“Hi,” he said. “I’m Cornelius Buslingthorpe. I just moved here.”
“Hi,” she said. “I’m Bianca Crumplebottom, youngest and hottest sister of the three witchy Crumplebottom sisters.”
“Witchy? You’re all witches?!”
“Yes, but me most of all.”
“Oh, interesting. Is that one of your sisters over there?”
“That’s Belinda. Don’t bother, she’s so nice it’s nauseating.”
“Niceness is nauseating?”
“Oh, no, do you have the Good trait too? Ugh…”

Screenshot-12.jpg

Cornelius Buslingthorpe did not find niceness nauseating. In fact, he found it very attractive indeed, being something like a red-headed teddy bear himself. He went over to shake hands with Belinda and was immediately drawn to her warm smile and oddly-shaped nose.

Screenshot-17.jpg

A few moments’ chat revealed Belinda to be a kind and cheerful Sim, clearly very different from her younger sister. She laughed at Cornelius’s jokes and eagerly showed off her best silly face.

Screenshot-18.jpg

“Hey Belinda. How does the man in the moon cut his hair? Eclipse it!”
“Hah! That’s so appropriate to the town we’re in!”
“Isn’t it?!”

Screenshot-20.jpg

I’ve never had two Sims become friends faster than Cornelius and Belinda. After meeting around 9 am, they were friends before 11 am and best friends just after noon. (And all of this without the charisma skill.) The moment they crossed into good friend territory, Cornelius rolled the wish to kiss Belinda for the first time. And I mean, just look at the way he looks at her!

Screenshot-23.jpg

“Hey Belinda, what happens to an illegally parked frog? It gets toad away!”
“Ahahaha!”

Things were going swimmingly. Cornelius was just beginning to entertain the idea of a flirty interaction when Bianca reappeared. With her wand out.

Screenshot-26.jpg

“Oh, hi again, Bianca! What’s that you’ve got there?”

Screenshot-28.jpg

“Uh…what are you doing? I don’t think I'm comfortable with--”

The spell was cast before Cornelius had a chance to run away. Heart-shaped bubbles exploded in the air around Bianca--but they failed to reach Cornelius. Instead, the spell seemed to rebound between them with a popping sound, making Bianca stumble backward.

Screenshot-30.jpg

“Ugh, I feel horrible! It’s like I…like I’m MEAN all of a sudden!”
“Yeah, have fun with that.”

I learned something new about the game in this moment. If a witch tries to cast a love charm and fails, they will instead cast a sort of enemy charm, meaning that the next person the target Sim talks to will automatically become their nemesis. Fun!

Screenshot-32.jpg

Thankfully, there was a notification that informed me about this little mixup. So Cornelius went for the nearest inconsequential person who is probably going to die soon anyway and introduced himself. Belinda, he made sure, was a safe distance away.

Screenshot-36.jpg

Under the power of Bianca’s dodgy spell, Cornelius woke up and chose violence. He tackled Flora Goodfellow just inches away from the younger Goodfellows enjoying a pleasant date.

Well, that took care of the spell. What was one enemy in a town full of potential friends? Cornelius was on his way to resume his conversation with Belinda but was cornered, once again, by Bianca.

Screenshot-43.jpg

“Hold still, dynasty dude. It’s going to work this time.”
“Oh, no, please--”

It did not work this time. Cornelius was forced to return to Flora and tackle her again. Now they were DOUBLE enemies.

By this point, Bianca had begun to branch out and was trying to cast spells on other park visitors. Cornelius decided it was an ideal time to make a swift exit. He hopped on his broom and returned to his home lot, where a little cottage had sprouted in his absence.

Screenshot-49.jpg

It wasn’t much, but it was home.

Screenshot-67.jpg

A good bachelor pad, complete with a hopeful second chair.

Screenshot-46.jpg

Almost the moment he arrived home, Cornelius got a phone call. It was Belinda! He eagerly picked up, smiling at the sound of her voice. Could she come over? Of course she could!

Screenshot-50.jpg

“Hi. It’s nice to see you again.”
“You would think so, wouldn’t you?”
“What?”

Screenshot-54.jpg

“HEY! What the--?! Get off me! I’m not under the spell anymore, how did--”
“Shut up! I hate you now!”

Screenshot-61.jpg

“Belinda! This is ridiculous! We’re best friends, maybe even soulmates--can you stop kicking me?!
“NO I CANNOT!”

She really could not. You have probably already deduced what happened. Belinda was indeed the target of one of Bianca’s defunct love charms, moments after Cornelius left the park. Did I see it happen out of the corner of my eye as Cornelius was leaving? Yes. Did I choose to ignore it, believing that Belinda would talk to somebody else before seeing Cornelius again? Yes. Was I a moron for believing so? Yes.

Screenshot-65.jpg

Half a day of relationship building was officially down the drain. Cornelius and Belinda were now enemies. He couldn’t even talk to her after their fight--she refused to accept a single social interaction.

Screenshot-66.jpg

She left the lot in a huff. Cornelius, while shaken by the sudden loss of his first and only friend, was not too far gone to appreciate the sight of Belinda’s retreating backside. The man knows what he likes.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2022, 12:28:16 AM »
I funny start! I hope Cornelius and Belinda can fix their relationship, I think they can make interesting nooboos.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2022, 05:06:07 PM »
I funny start! I hope Cornelius and Belinda can fix their relationship, I think they can make interesting nooboos.

Thank you! It was indeed hilarious. So much chaos in the first ten minutes of play!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2022, 05:14:53 PM »
Chapter 2 - Juiced, Sad, & Singed

Screenshot-68.jpg

It had been an eventful first day as a dynasty founder. The sun was setting, Belinda had left, and Cornelius went into his dimly-lit cottage and started playing around with his new chemistry set. Somehow, though, his heart wasn’t in it. Underneath his deeply red relationship bar with Belinda, the man was heartbroken. Was there any hope that he’d be able to repair his relationship with the woman of his dreams?

Screenshot-69.jpg

Wait - maybe there was! The chemistry set gave Cornelius an idea. He tore off his lab coat and sprinted out of the house.

Thankfully, Aleister’s Elixirs and Sundries was still open.

Screenshot-70.jpg

“Hi sorry I know you’re about to close but do you have anything that can fix relationships I really need one there’s this girl I really like who--”
“Friendship elixir. Forty simoleons. I’ve only got one and that French guy looks really interested in it.”
“Perfect! I’ll take it.”

Cornelius pocketed the elixir, amazed at his luck. Then he flew over to the Crumplebottom house. He’d pound on the door, he’d demand to talk to Belinda!

Screenshot-73.jpg

But no one was home. Not even the formidable Bianca. Maybe Belinda was avoiding him?

Screenshot-74.jpg

So he went back to his cottage. He could have attempted to fix himself dinner, but cooking would remind him of Belinda (who was a Natural Cook). So he settled for some canned soup.

Screenshot-76.jpg

The next morning, Cornelius was due for his first shift at the hospital. He put on his uniform of swoopy hair and bare feet (ideal for work in a medical facility) and went off to work.

Screenshot-77.jpg

Cornelius enjoyed work, being a Workaholic, but he still had a lot of unhappy feelings about Belinda. So when his shift ended, he went to karaoke and sang his heart out with Annie Nix.

Screenshot-84.jpg

Then he drank some juice and went back to sing solo. This brought jeers and booing from everyone in the vicinity. His most enthusiastic heckler was young Peanut Ivy. Nice kid!

Screenshot-88.jpg

On the way out, juiced and sad (a dangerous combo), Cornelius tried to flirt with Miriam Hoppcraft - a married woman who shut him down instantly, despite the hearts over her head.

Screenshot-91.jpg

Poor Cornelius. :(

Screenshot-94.jpg

Back at home, he tried to distract himself with the chemistry table. His attempt at a potion blew up in his face. Now juiced, sad, and singed, Cornelius crawled into bed without bothering to shower.

Screenshot-96.jpg

“Maybe tomorrow my life will suddenly come together...”

Screenshot-105.jpg

Cornelius spent the next couple of days focusing on his requirements. He had the friendship elixir in his inventory, but Belinda never seemed to be home, and she refused to answer his calls. He got his first couple of promotions at work and continued to experiment with the chemistry table. In his free time, he tried to meet other folks around town - maybe he could meet someone new to replace the Belinda-shaped hole in his heart. (Personally, I had my sights set on Deedee Wynn, shown above with the pink headband - she was my first choice even before Belinda. Unfortunately, there was never any attraction between her and Cornelius.)

Then on Wednesday night, Cornelius’s phone rang. He picked it up, expecting an opportunity.

Screenshot-106.jpg

“Hello? This is Cornelius…oh, Belinda! Um, hi. You want to go out on a date? With me? Right now?”

Hope sprang up in Cornelius’s burly chest. He got on his broom and zoomed over to the diner.

Screenshot-110.jpg

Where he waited. And waited. And waited.

Screenshot-108.jpg

She must have been running late. Cornelius decided to kill time by dumpster diving, since there was nothing else to do on the lot and he literally would not stop going over there even when I canceled the interaction 900 times. He caught a couple of beetles and stashed a rug in his pocket for later.

Belinda never showed up. Around 10 pm, Cornelius was forced to give up and go home. Maybe he’d gone to the wrong diner? Maybe when she’d said “right now,” she’d meant “sometime next week”?

Screenshot-130.jpg

Defeated, Cornelius returned to his lonely bachelor life. He had plenty of time to find a spouse. Right?

Screenshot-135.jpg

Right. But the wishes for Belinda kept coming, and so did the exciting life experiences that Cornelius had to enjoy alone. (Dude, you’re a paramedic! You’re supposed to be calm in emergencies!)

After his next promotion, Cornelius found himself with a surprise day off. He knew exactly what he wanted to do with it.

The Crumplebottom sisters had moved houses since he’d seen them last (he dearly hoped he wasn’t the reason). He managed to track down their new place and went over for a visit.

Screenshot-143.jpg

He was greeted by Bianca. After saying a very restrained and polite hello, Cornelius sidled past her and ran inside to find Belinda.

Screenshot-148.jpg

Belinda was…not particularly happy to see him.

Screenshot-150.jpg

Cornelius turned around, and before Belinda had a chance to speak, he whipped out his friendship elixir and chucked it at her feet.

It didn’t make them friends, but it made their relationship almost neutral.

Screenshot-158.jpg

“Belinda, I’m sorry for fighting with you, even though it wasn’t my fault. I’d really like us to be friends again.”
“Hmmm…I don’t know, Cornelius. That spell was strong enough to overcome my innate friendliness, which is saying something.”

Screenshot-161.jpg

“Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease? I’ll tell you my best joke!”
“Your best joke? Okay, try me.”
“Why do you spread peanut butter in the road?”
“Why?”

Screenshot-167.jpg

“To go with the traffic jam!”
“THAT’S your best joke?”
“Good, isn’t it?”

And in spite of the small amount of red still in their relationship bar, Belinda laughed.

Screenshot-176.jpg

I leave you with this screenshot of the mysterious gentleman who brought a boombox to our home lot, set it down, turned it on, and proceeded to dance to disco music for the next 24 in-game hours, after which he packed up his boombox again and left. I was as baffled as you are.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2022, 05:25:15 PM »
Chapter 3 - Pink Flag

Cornelius had partly repaired his relationship with Belinda, but he wasn’t done yet. He still had that wish to kiss her, which undoubtedly formed the surface of an ocean’s worth of romantic longing. He waited until Saturday morning, when both he and Belinda were off work, to make his next move.

Screenshot-180.jpg

He invited her over to the cottage, knowing very well she might say no - they still weren’t quite friends yet.

Screenshot-182.jpg

But Belinda agreed and appeared on the front lawn a few minutes later. Wearing her formal wear, interestingly enough.

Screenshot-184.jpg

She came right inside, without knocking. She went straight up to Cornelius, holding something behind her back.

“I come bearing the white flag,” she said. “Well, technically the pink flag.”

Screenshot-185.jpg

Cornelius was overjoyed, and he wasn’t afraid to show it.

“I’m sorry for being difficult,” said Belinda. “As a witch myself, you’d think I would understand how spells work, and would recognize when I’m under the power of one.”

Screenshot-189.jpg

“You’re not the only one who’s under a spell, Belinda.”

Screenshot-188.jpg

Belinda gave the flowers all on her own, and the two of them started flirting the moment they were in the same room together. I didn’t have to do a thing. It was like their fight had never happened. And I suppose, in a way, it hadn’t.

Screenshot-195.jpg

Belinda had to rush off (“I’ve got work at 3 pm, and it’s almost 11 am! I must leave immediately if I want to be on time!”) before anything else could happen, but it left Cornelius feeling better than he’d felt all week.

Screenshot-196.jpg

He spent the rest of the day discovering potions at the chemistry table and checking the clock. As soon as he knew Belinda’s shift at the diner was over, he made another trek to the Crumplebottom house.

Screenshot-197.jpg

Belinda had just arrived home and was still in her beanie and apron. Cornelius plowed right past Bianca, who was taking out her perpetual anger on a video game controller, and cornered Belinda a little bit.

Screenshot-203.jpg

“Belinda,” he said breathlessly, “I’ve been wanting to ask you ever since I met you. Would you like to move in with me?”

Screenshot-204.jpg

“You want me to leave my deranged little sister who made us hate each other and never set foot in this drafty old house again? Okay! I still want to be friends with Beatrice, though.”
“Beatrice?”
“Our other sister. She’s a bit of a recluse and has no desire to ever be a dynasty spouse, which is probably why you haven’t met her. Unlike Miss Jealousy-Through-Violence over there.”
“Who said anything about being a dynasty spouse?”
“Um, you did. With your big puppy dog eyes and your silly questions.”

Screenshot-206.jpg

Cornelius led the way back to the cottage. A small addition had recently been built, so Belinda had her own bedroom. The two of them, now friends again at last, quietly went their separate ways to settle in for the night.

Screenshot-207.jpg

Belinda Crumplebottom thus became the second member of the household and received a bit of a refresh in her appearance (but not too much). Her absolutely lovely traits: Good Sense of Humor, Natural Cook, Friendly, Easily Impressed, and Good. She likes kids music, peanut butter and jelly, and purple, and her Lifetime Wish is The Culinary Librarian.

Screenshot-211.jpg

Belinda was more than happy to have her own little kitchen, one she didn’t have to share with her sisters anymore. Even though there was only one countertop and the stove was literally an antique, she made do and started filling the buzzy old fridge with real food. She strongly suspected Cornelius had never cooked a meal in his life. (She was wrong. He burned some waffles once!)

Screenshot-214.jpg

Living in a tiny bachelor pad with a handsome bachelor took some adjusting, of course. For both of them. Suddenly there were more dishes to wash, and…more sightings of each other wearing pajamas.

Screenshot-216.jpg

For a day or two, Belinda focused on settling in to her new home. Cornelius let her do so and focused on his requirements, pausing every now and then for a friendly chat.

Screenshot-222.jpg

But friendly chats weren’t enough. That became clear very quickly.

Screenshot-225.jpg

Soon after they’d moved in together, Cornelius and Belinda fiiiiinally shared their first kiss right there in the tiny kitchen.

Screenshot-228.jpg

Suddenly things became much easier and more comfortable. It was like it was meant to happen all along. (Because it was.) Before the weekend was over, Cornelius asked Belinda to go on a date, for real this time. Trying not to stare too hard at Cornelius’s loosely-tied bathrobe, Belinda said yes.

Screenshot-233.jpg

At Moonlight Beach or whatever it's called, Cornelius made use of those big puppy dog eyes, ensuring that his lady was in the mood to answer a question.

Screenshot-237.jpg

“Here’s another silly question, Belinda. Will you be my girlfriend?”
“That question is so silly I’m not even going to answer it.”
“No?”

Screenshot-241.jpg

“Not with words, anyway.”

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2022, 06:03:55 PM »
Chapter 4 - Silly Questions

Things settled down a bit once Belinda and Cornelius were officially a couple - at least, as much as they can settle down in a Life States Dynasty.

Cornelius had spent much of his first week chasing after Belinda, and had lost some valuable time in doing so. It was worth it, of course, but that lost time, added onto the lost time at the beginning (Cornelius came right from CAS at the start of the dynasty, but the game placed him a full week into his Young Adult life stage for some reason), meant that the pace of things had to remain pretty much breakneck.

Screenshot-12.jpg

So Cornelius got busy. Discovering potions, playing bass, and tutoring children at the park became his only activities outside of work.

Screenshot-21.jpg

The first full moon did not deter Cornelius from mixing potions by dead of night.

Screenshot-23.jpg

It also did not deter Belinda from making use of her ice blast spell. Take that, fairy zombie!

Screenshot-17.jpg

Beyond working at the diner and zapping fairy zombies, Belinda stayed busy by cultivating a small garden in the front yard. She was the designated family alchemist, at least for now, and having a garden established would probably come in handy for future generations.

Screenshot-5.jpg

Belinda had her adult birthday a few days after moving in. She had a midlife crisis, which was quite easily appeased with a new outfit and some new furniture in the house. (I was about to say that she didn’t even wish to divorce Cornelius, but then I remembered that they’re not married yet.)

Screenshot-38.jpg

Cornelius’s adult birthday followed a few days later. He was making good progress on his career, but otherwise, his requirements were going at a bit of a crawl.

Screenshot-48.jpg

There was one thing he could do to move things along, though. He took his lady to That Old Fishing Hole on a moderately moonlit night and romanced her beside the pond.

Screenshot-53.jpg

“This is my last silly question, Belinda. Will you do me the honor of becoming my dynasty spouse?”
“Oh, Cornelius, yes! That’s the first not-silly question you’ve ever asked.”

Screenshot-59.jpg

Now all Cornelius needed to do was explicitly express the desire to marry Belinda, in the form of a 5,000 point wish. When would that happen? Not immediately, that’s for sure!

Screenshot-70.jpg

Cornelius continued to push through the levels of the medical career. Getting older did cause him to lose his hair whilst wearing certain outfits.

Screenshot-81.jpg

Belinda cooked, gardened, alchemistified, and witchituded.

Screenshot-90.jpg

Finally, about a week into his adult life stage, Cornelius became a World Renowned Surgeon. He did it faster than any other Sim I’ve played.

Screenshot-91.jpg

His career worries were far from over, but that’s for another chapter!

With that hurdle cleared, Cornelius woke up on his day off and found Belinda in the kitchen.

Screenshot-101.jpg

“So, Belinda,” he said, taking her hands.
“Are you about to ask me another silly question?”
“Do you want to get married in our backyard today?”

Screenshot-110.jpg

“About these silly questions, Cornelius…”
“Yes?”
“Never stop asking them.”

Screenshot-128.jpg

So it was wedding time!

Screenshot-132.jpg

It was a very private wedding, because I was paranoid about Cornelius meeting too many Sims and acquiring too many friends. (LOL past me was so cute and clueless.)

Screenshot-135.jpg

But it was still perfect. Congratulations to the very first Mr. and Mrs. Buslingthorpe! (I considered going with Crumplebottom-Buslingthorpe, or Crumplethorpe, or Buslingbottom. But as much as that last one makes me laugh my buslingbottom off, I got attached to the name Buslingthorpe, and thus it stays.)

Screenshot-146.jpg

Then it was time to get frisky, and to safely woohoo so as not to make any nooboos yet.

Screenshot-151.jpg

Awww, just look at these two. I’m torn between swooning and throwing up.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2022, 04:28:47 PM »
Chapter 5 - Supervegetable

Screenshot-37.jpg

The Buslingthorpes took a honeymoon to Shang Simla. I hardly ever send my Sims on honeymoons, but I welcomed the extra skilling time. And the pretty scenery.

Screenshot-51.jpg

Cornelius ran around adventuring a bit, completing some tombs and achieving a level one visa.

Screenshot-53.jpg

Belinda mostly stayed at base camp - not because she wouldn’t have loved adventuring, but because she had fallen behind on her cooking and gardening skills and was thus obliged to focus on her skill books.

Screenshot-60.jpg

The two of them also spent plenty of time relaxing together, enjoying each other's company in front of a waterfally backdrop.

Screenshot-70.jpg

And the morning after their night in the tent, Cornelius roasted this…this…whatever this is. Some kind of deranged kebab? A new breed of supervegetable?

Screenshot-2.jpg

It was a short trip, but a refreshing one. Cornelius returned to work and held his first clinic. (Why was this only his first? Because I am an idiot. More on that later.)

Screenshot-7.jpg

He chased down every mushroom in Moonlight Falls until he’d found all seven types.

Screenshot-17.jpg

He went to the library with Belinda and mastered the logic skill.

Screenshot-83.jpg

And he spent many long hours at his chemistry table, and finally discovered the elusive but very useful Young Again Potion.

Screenshot-9.jpg

That day at the library, James Hoppcraft had arrived to check out a book with his entire family of cats in tow. I thought this was astoundingly cute and had to take a screenshot.

Screenshot-97.jpg

I also took a screenshot of the beautiful mama cat, Pepper, when I found her lurking around the corner of a library bookshelf.

Screenshot-21.jpg

Little did I know at the time that Cornelius would receive a phone call the next day, inviting him to adopt one of those very kittens. Obviously he couldn’t refuse.

Screenshot-28.jpg

After meeting all three kittens and playing with each one, Cornelius chose the friendly and non-destructive boy cat, whose name was Duke. Duke's name was slightly adjusted to become The Duke of Buslingthorpe and he became the third member of the family.

Screenshot-101.jpg

He was a kitten for only a day before he shot up in sparkles and became a grown-up cat.

Screenshot-102.jpg

Screenshot-109.jpg

Belinda and Cornelius both loved The Duke of Buslingthorpe, and he loved them right back. He was sweet, cuddly, and playful, and reached best friend level with both humans in record time.

Screenshot-115.jpg

Playful is probably the best word to describe him. He picked up the trait itself soon enough. :)

As time went on and Cornelius continued to chip away at his requirements, Belinda’s elder birthday was approaching. Cornelius celebrated with a pre-emptive gift.

Screenshot-126.jpg

“Here, it’s your unbirthday gift!”
“My...unbirthday gift?”
“Also known as a preventative birthday gift. To prevent your birthday.”
“That sounds like you’re going to kill me, but okay. I think I know where this is going.”

Screenshot-123.jpg

It was indeed a Young Again potion. One sip and Belinda sparkled her way back to her youth. Elder birthday successfully unbirthdayed!

Screenshot-138.jpg

Soon after, Belinda maxed the cooking skill whilst making herself a plate of ratatouille for lunch.

Screenshot-146.jpg

And that very same night, she was promoted at the diner and became a Five-Star Chef. (Like her husband, she found job titles in general to be consistently hilarious.) What a day for Belinda Buslingthorpe!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2022, 04:42:05 PM »
Chapter 6 - In Which The Person Playing The Game Is A Little Bit Of An Idiot

Our story goes into a bit of a lull at this point. This is because, as I hinted in the last chapter, I was a little bit of an idiot. Let me set the stage. I planned this dynasty for weeks beforehand. I made a pretty little spreadsheet with all the different requirements and all the different ways I intended to complete them. Obviously this was sort of moot because all traits are random, but I had a lot of fun creating a tentative outline anyway. I even played a short test file, just to acquire some confidence that I would be able to get through generation one. Then I started the real thing. I plunged ahead, carefully tracking Cornelius’s progress, making good use of his time, blah blah blah. He was doing great!

Except, as I said, I was an idiot. I thought I knew what the rewards for the medical career were. And like…I kind of did. But also I hadn’t really looked at the list in detail. And therefore I didn’t know that I should have been accepting every single career-related event that popped up (things like vaccination clinics and medical outreach programs). Nope! I had canceled several of them, thinking they were totally optional and Cornelius just needed to reach level 10 to get his awards. Nope! Nope nope nope nope nope!

Around the time Cornelius maxed his career, I looked at the career reward list and realized my mistake. Some of the rewards were fully out of reach by this point (40 house calls? 10 rabbithole events? Not happening!), but a couple of them seemed possible. He definitely should be getting the Key to the City as a level 10 doctor, at some point. I wasn’t sure if he’d already done one vaccination clinic, but he only needed 3 to get a reward. Also, if he completed 10 local emergencies (which is when a Sim on a community lot suddenly needs medical attention), he’d get an award for that too. I knew that he’d already done a few of those local emergencies. So as long as I made sure to do every single event that popped up, and as long as the Key to the City thing registered, we’d be fine!

So I spent the next few in-game weeks driving Cornelius through his remaining requirements with the ruthlessness of a very mean Sims player. He hardly slept, hardly ate, and hardly saw Belinda at all. They occasionally ran into each other for meals, but mostly Cornelius drank Invigorating Elixirs and ate mushrooms from his inventory and drove around in his Motive Mobile once he got it. I waited, every muscle tensed, for that Key to the City event to fire. I knew it would. It had to. Right?

Screenshot-147.jpg

This is a good example of what those weeks looked like. When not at work, Cornelius would play his bass (for one of his skill challenges) on community lots, waiting for a nearby Sim to suddenly double over in agony. It did happen fairly often. Especially if Cornelius went to multiple lots in one day. He was curing tummy aches all over the place. He was doing great!

Then his elder birthday came.

Screenshot-158.jpg

“Uh-oh. Is it that time already?”

Screenshot-166.jpg

Suddenly playing the bass for ten hours at a time was less fun, and more anxiety-inducing.

Screenshot-171.jpg

The rest of Cornelius’s requirements were falling into place. He eventually maxed the bass skill, completing his skill challenges, and he got his fifth 5,000 point wish. His BlackOps had been done ages ago. His Lifetime Rewards were purchased. He had a good friend at work who would easily become a best friend. And his museum pieces were done and ready. All that remained were those goshdarn career rewards. He’d been a World Renowned Surgeon for weeks, and still no Key to the City. He had one vaccination clinic under his belt and an unknown-but-probably-very-close-to-ten number of local emergencies. He was so close. So close it hurt.

Screenshot-172.jpg

Cornelius was 79 days old when he completed his tenth local emergency. He immediately got a notification about a service award (I had begun to suspect the game was just bugged, but evidently I just can’t count). He went straight to City Hall to accept it.

At that point, we were technically safe. I had planned on keeping logic as an open skill for the dynasty. But unless Cornelius either (a) suddenly received the Key to the City after weeks of silence, or (b) got two vaccination clinics to spawn in the next few days, he would have to use his logic skill certificate as his second career reward. I really didn’t want that to happen, but at least we had the option. We weren’t going to fail! Hooray!

Screenshot-173.jpg

Upon receiving his first career reward after many decades of hard work, Cornelius went home to his little family. He’d started to wonder if he was going to lose them - end the challenge, end the story - after all this time. Now he knew that they were safe.

Screenshot-175.jpg

“We’re so close, Belinda. I’m going to work a couple more shifts to see if I can get a second award, but whether or not that happens…it’s almost time.”

Those few weeks of gameplay (played mostly on speed 3 over just a couple of real-life days) were immensely frustrating, and by the end of them, I’d worn myself out by stressing.

Screenshot-185.jpg

So after a break, I refreshed myself by demolishing the cottage and building a proper house for the Buslingthorpes, complete with weird lighting and plenty of counters for The Duke of Buslingthorpe to dive off of.

Screenshot-204.jpg

Here’s the house from the outside. It’s pink. I don’t really know how that happened. I’m not really a pink person. Neither is Cornelius or Belinda, to my knowledge. But here we are. In a pink house.

Screenshot-186.jpg

We also adopted another cat. The Duke had great relationships with both humans and was very well loved, but he still seemed to get a little lonely when his humans were busy. So this gorgeous feline joined the family. Her name was The Jewel of Buslingthorpe, and she was Non-Destructive and Playful.

Screenshot-189.jpg

With such good traits between them, I was hopeful that the two kitties would get along all right.

Screenshot-198.jpg

And sure enough, they were friends before the day was out, and soon after became inseparable.

Screenshot-195.jpg

Cornelius was in his eighties now. He sealed his best friend requirement by chatting with his boss, Mike Nix, who was a witch. And he went back to the hospital for two final shifts, hoping against hope that he would somehow, magically, get the two clinics he needed to win the last award. Or that somehow, magically, the Key to the City would finally register.

Screenshot-209.jpg

Neither of those things happened. At the age of 85, Cornelius came home, changed out of his scrubs and lab coat, and went to find Belinda.

Screenshot-210.jpg

“Well, baby, it’s time. I’m going to have to invalidate the logic skill for the rest of the dynasty, but it’s fine! You get to see me young and handsome again!”

Screenshot-211.jpg

He pulled a Young Again potion from his inventory and drank it down in one excited gulp.

Screenshot-217.jpg

Oh, God! The beard - what happened to the beard?! It’s horrible, it’s horrifying, cover it up, everyone shield your eyes--

Screenshot-218.jpg

While Cornelius ran off to find a mirror and fix that abomination, Belinda pulled a special item of her own out of her inventory.

Screenshot-221.jpg

“Yay, a blue man who will make my wish come true!”

Screenshot-223.jpg

“You will make my wish come true, won’t you, sir? Specifically my wish for multiple children?”

Screenshot-224.jpg

The genie was very solemn. He was not amused by Belinda’s golden retriever energy. He clapped his hands seriously (apparently that’s possible) and said, “I will do my best, beige lady.”
“Beige lady?”
“You called me blue man. Therefore you are beige lady.”
“Oh. That makes sense.”

Screenshot-225.jpg

He went rapidly from solemn to scary.

Screenshot-235.jpg

Then Belinda was uplifted in a whole new kind of sparkles.

With her shiny new moodlet in place, Belinda ran to find Cornelius, who was thankfully back to his normal bearded self.

Screenshot-241.jpg

“Are you ready, Cornelius? Can we--”
“Right now?”
“Right now.”

And so they did.

Generation 1 - Cornelius Buslingthorpe
Life State: Human
Traits: Bookworm, Good Sense of Humor, Hopeless Romantic, Loves the Outdoors, Workaholic
Favorites: Electronica, Sushi, Red
LTW: World-Renowned Surgeon (complete)
Spouse: Belinda Crumplebottom (witch)
Toddler Requirements: N/A
Child Requirements: N/A
Teen Requirements: N/A
1 Best Friend: Mike Nix (witch)
2 Career Rewards: Epic Hero Medal (10 local emergencies), Logic skill certificate
3 BlackOps: Becoming More Logical, From Two To One, Safely Burning Bridges
4 Lifetime Rewards: No Bills Ever, Bookshop Bargainer, Jetsetter, The Next Big Thing
5 Regular Wishes: Reach Level 10 of Medical Career, Marry Belinda, Master Logic Skill, Discover All Potions, Master Bass Skill
6 Skill Challenges: Master Chemist, Teacher Extraordinaire, Skill Professor, Mushroom Collector, Plumber, Master Bassist
7 Items for Museum: Potions (chemistry table)

Screenshot-208.jpg

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2022, 05:56:23 PM »
Chapter 7 - The Sign of Three

Screenshot-2.jpg

Belinda woke the next morning feeling rather sloshy.

Screenshot-5.jpg

The reason for this quickly became clear. Amid a long queue of invigorating elixirs, Belinda realized she was pregannanant.

Screenshot-9.jpg

“Cornelius, I’m pergnat!”
“You’re pregat?”
“Yes, I’m pregante!”
“You mean you’re pergenat?”
“Yes, and also pregnart!”
“Would you say you’re--”

Okay, I'm sorry. They both have good senses of humor, all right?

Screenshot-22.jpg

It was an enjoyable time. Free of his requirements, Cornelius finally had time to frolic (I naively gave him these 1920s swim trunks, telling myself “He’ll never wear them anyway”, forgetting that the man has a sprinkler addiction) and listen to his future child swimming in amniotic fluid. Or hopefully, children.

Screenshot-29.jpg

The time came yadda yadda and Belinda went into labor, remaining scarily composed through the contractions.

Screenshot-37.jpg

Being a World Renowned Surgeon, Cornelius insisted that his wife receive the best of care to ensure a safe delivery. A few hours later, they reemerged from the hospital bearing not one, not two, but THREE new Buslingthorpes. (Yes, that is a 5,000 point wish being fulfilled for Cornelius. Yes, I accepted his wish for a boy without even thinking about it. Yes, that wish is now invalidated for the rest of the dynasty. No, I did not realize I even did that until seeing this screenshot many days later. I am really good at dynasties.)

Screenshot-46.jpg

The triplets included two boys and one girl. All three were brought home and tucked into their cribs in the new weirdly-wallpapered nursery.

Screenshot-49.jpg

I just love Cornelius’s “omg I’m a dad” face.

Screenshot-56.jpg

The new parents conked out for the night, but first thing in the morning, all three babies were brought to their cakes. I think this is the moment when Cornelius realized what he was in for.

Screenshot-67.jpg

He coped with his sudden feeling of overwhelm by depositing his eldest son underneath the sprinkler for a feeding. Cornelius is a big believer in sprinkler therapy for Sims of all ages. (He and Belinda would both proceed to bring the babies out to the sprinkler for all kinds of activities. I do not understand. There is plenty of room in the house. What’s wrong with the floor? Why does everyone have to be watered constantly?!)

And now, let us meet the three nooboos!

Screenshot-71.jpg

The eldest, Waldo, is a normal human Sim and thus ineligible for heir. His toddler traits are Brave and Loner, and he likes Songwriter music, fish and chips, and the color blue.

Screenshot-74.jpg

Tabitha comes next, and as a witch, is in the running for heir. She’s a Genius and a Loner, and she likes Chinese music, veggie burgers, and the color orange.

Screenshot-76.jpg

Last but not least is Macavoy, our second witch and thus second potential heir. He is an Eccentric Loner and likes Latin music, tofu dogs, and the color black.

Screenshot-80.jpg

Carrying and birthing three babies aged Belinda rather quickly. She had her (second) adult birthday very soon after giving birth.

Screenshot-84.jpg

Waldo, being a spare, enjoyed less than a day of toddlerhood. He received lots of snuggles, though, and grew close to both parents in that short time.

Screenshot-91.jpg

Then he was brought to his next cake.

Screenshot-98.jpg

His next trait was Unlucky. I’d call that fairly accurate. :(

Screenshot-110.jpg

Waldo had to wait another day for his next cake, so he filled the time playing peek-a-boo with his little siblings.

Screenshot-101.jpg

And our two witches got started learning their required skills, with some confusion.

Screenshot-103.jpg

And also some aggression.

Screenshot-104.jpg

Here is visual proof of Tabitha’s witchyness.

Screenshot-114.jpg

And proof of Macavoy’s witchyness.

Screenshot-124.jpg

Cornelius was particularly fond of helping his children learn. Playing conductor was his favorite role.

Screenshot-131.jpg

And of course, both parents spent as much time as they could with Waldo, knowing that he’d soon be departing for bigger and better things. Like living in a trailer on the far edge of Moonlight Falls and being roped into the Stylist career for no reason. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2022, 11:39:33 AM »
Chapter 8 - Where's Waldo?

Screenshot-160.jpg

Waldo had another birthday, picking up Vegetarian as his fourth trait.

Screenshot-162.jpg

Belinda and her lookalike daughter grew very close over time.

Screenshot-163.jpg

Like, very close.

Screenshot-164.jpg

Like…yeah. Heh heh.

Screenshot-169.jpg

Tabitha and Macavoy were both taken to the library to read some books there as well.

Screenshot-177.jpg

As the kids were growing, so was the cat part of the family. The Duke and The Jewel became romantically involved and decided to try for kittens.

Screenshot-181.jpg

“I’m growing up already? But I was a baby three days ago!”

Sucks to suck, kiddo.

Screenshot-184.jpg

Waldo became a young adult and a Technophobe, and he chose Master of Mysticism as his Lifetime Wish. I was sad to see him go so soon, partly because I think he is the best looking of the triplets. But alas, like my heart, the dynasty must go on.

Screenshot-187.jpg

“You know you’re welcome here anytime, Waldo.”
“I know, Mum. Thanks.”

Screenshot-198.jpg

After saying goodbye to his dad as well, Waldo took off into the night. And now is the point where you may be asking, Where’s Waldo? And the answer is, in a trailer on the other side of town. He’ll be around, probably. Don’t worry.

Screenshot-206.jpg

Macavoy’s and Tabitha’s toddler years flew by. I don’t know if the high speed of her family’s growth caused Belinda to adopt this not-at-all-scary scary face or what, but…yeah.

Screenshot-209.jpg

It was birthday time again.

Screenshot-211.jpg

Tabitha wins the award for cutest aging-up picture ever. :’)

Screenshot-216.jpg

Screenshot-224.jpg

Macavoy followed, his sparkles hitting just as the full moon rose and made everything green.

Screenshot-230.jpg

Tabitha acquired the Workaholic trait, taking after her father.

Screenshot-233.jpg

Macavoy became Ambitious. So far, both kids were promising potential heirs.

Screenshot-236.jpg

The child years were perhaps the longest, or they felt that way. Still, the family kept busy. Belinda had round-the-clock duties to attend to, while Cornelius had round-the-clock sprinkler duties. And doctor duties, too, of course. (Thanks to Cornelius’s ever-increasing surgeon salary, the family was quite rapidly approaching “loaded” status.)

Screenshot-244.jpg

The Jewel gave birth to two kittens who took pretty much entirely after their father. They were named Apple and Banana, because I’m creative. The adult cats then tried for kittens a second time - I really wanted a kitten with some of The Jewel’s features.

Screenshot-246.jpg

Cornelius tutored both children up to A’s within the first couple days of their childhood.

Screenshot-251.jpg

The kids were no strangers to the power of Invigorating Elixirs. I feel a little weird about feeding potions to children, but also this is a dynasty, and like my heart, the dynasty must...you get it.

Screenshot-271.jpg

The parents made sure to have some fun with the kids, too. (The big park down the road had been purchased and upgraded into a popular gathering spot full of activities.)

Screenshot-276.jpg

The second batch of kittens arrived, featuring...just one kitten.

Screenshot-279.jpg

But she was a very orange, mostly stripey, very angry looking kitten. She was named Cherry and superseded her brothers as the official Kitten Of Choice.

Screenshot-291.jpg

The Duke looked quite proud of his little brood. Soon after Cherry’s arrival, though, Apple and Banana were lovingly given up for adoption. Am I vicious? Maybe. I don't want to talk about it.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2022, 11:50:20 AM »
Chapter 9 - Eyesight

Screenshot-299.jpg

Tabitha and Macavoy sped through their childhood requirements, only having to spend a couple of days puzzling over homework on the sidewalk.

Screenshot-315.jpg

Then it was birthday time yet again. Tabitha went first…

Screenshot-324.jpg

…followed by Macavoy.

Screenshot-321.jpg

Tabitha is Belinda with better eyesight. And that’s that.

Screenshot-331.jpg

I was really hoping I’d be able to decide the heir at this birthday, but once again both kids thwarted my efforts by rolling extremely neutral traits. Belinda Tabitha here became Frugal, which actually fits quite well into her quiet and nerdy persona.

Screenshot-334.jpg

Macavoy (who is arguably Cornelius with worse eyesight, and also...worse eyes) became a Slob. I guess that’s suitable for an inventor who’s going to be covered in grease his whole life.

Screenshot-338.jpg

Both siblings headed to the misty, spooky graveyard to apply for jobs at the mausoleum.

Screenshot-344.jpg

Here’s an update on Cherry. She is tiny and angry. Also I had no idea kittens could pounce on adult cats. It’s adorable.

Screenshot-387.jpg

She soon had a birthday…

Screenshot-390.jpg

…and became full-sized and angry. (Her traits are Adventurous and Hunter, so she’s not actually mean. She just looks like she hates everyone and everything.)

Screenshot-360.jpg

I did a bit of a house renovation during this time, because I discovered that I hated the house as it was. Opening up some walls and making more spacious living areas helped a bit.

Screenshot-364.jpg

Tabitha and Macavoy’s teen requirements also went very smoothly. Tabitha met Waylon Wolff at school and the two of them quickly became flirty without much help from me.

Screenshot-381.jpg

Macavoy’s romantic interest was a babysitter rather than an original townie, but he fell for her easily and was happy to fulfill his requirement with a kiss.

Screenshot-365.jpg

Macavoy got an inventing table and started making widgets.

Screenshot-394.jpg

I wasn’t sure yet what Tabitha would be doing skill-wise if she became the heir, so instead she skilled up in kissing.

Screenshot-399.jpg

Macavoy actually completed his teen requirements before Tabitha, probably due to his ambitious trait (Tabitha JUST missed her last promotion on the day Macavoy got it, and they’d both gone to work having Motive Mobile’d their way to perfect moods). Even though their ages would no longer be lined up, Macavoy went ahead and celebrated his birthday. I was eager to see what his final trait would be.

Screenshot-402.jpg

Screenshot-407.jpg

Yikes, that’s not a good sign!

Screenshot-2.jpg

Like many people, Macavoy looked much better with hair. His final trait: Workaholic. Um, okay. That won’t be very useful in the inventing career. Even so, I was strongly leaning towards Macavoy for heir, as I was planning on having an inventor at some point in the dynasty anyway. He picked up Monster Maker as his Lifetime Wish.

Screenshot-6.jpg

Macavoy graduated the next day, much to his chagrin. For an ambitious workaholic, he was strangely resentful of having to fly across town in his stupid cap and gown. Which is why I canceled the action and let him graduate on the side of the road instead. He was valedictorian and was voted Most Likely to Never Leave the House. That is almost certainly accurate.

Tabitha still had a few days before her next shift at the graveyard and the final heir decision, so in the meantime, Macavoy went around town meeting some potential spouses. I had my heart set on a fairy for generation three.

Screenshot-14.jpg

First up was Dahlia Goodfellow, who was elderly and still married to Pip - but those things could be remedied.

Screenshot-19.jpg

Sophie Rodgers grew up mega cute and was my personal favorite among these early options. She and Macavoy got along well, but there was no attraction.

Screenshot-22.jpg

Marigold Maldano was also still around, living in her original house. I don’t know how Macavoy felt about potentially getting romantic with his mom’s boss. In any case, there was no attraction there either.

Screenshot-29.jpg

Suspecting that I would have to end up choosing a spouse for him, I set Macavoy to inventing full-time after he registered at City Hall. If he was heir, he had a lot to do - and plenty of time to find a wife.

Screenshot-31.jpg

And a new member of the family joined. Say hello to Bridgitte. <3

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2022, 12:05:22 PM »
Chapter 10 - Gothic Fairy Princess

Screenshot-41.jpg

Macavoy continued to go around talking to potential spouses. I kept hoping he’d roll a wish or do something autonomous to let me know his preference, but he was purely friendly with all three lady fairies.

It wasn’t until a few days later - the day before Tabitha was set to finally age up - that I discovered that there was another female fairy living in town. An original townie!

I had seen Aubrey Oviedo around town, but since I didn’t recognize her name, I’d assumed she was a random pudding-face. You can imagine my shriek of surprise when I spotted her at a party, looked a little closer, and discovered that she in fact had very much non-pudding features. A glance at the wiki confirmed that she was indeed an original homeless townie.

Screenshot-47.jpg

Macavoy, who was attending the party in his graduation outfit for God knows what reason, hastily invaded her bedroom and woke her up.

Screenshot-52.jpg

Aaaaaand it was fate. No matter that she was old and wearing a fur-collared coat to bed. Macavoy showed genuine romantic enthusiasm towards a female for the first time in his young adult life.

Screenshot-55.jpg

No matter, either, that she was Insane, Evil, and Hot-Headed. :D

Screenshot-56.jpg

“You drag me out of my warm bed, force your silly introductions on me, and - what’s that?! And then you throw ELIXIRS at me?! How dare--”

Screenshot-59.jpg

“Yayyyyyy it’s my birthday!”

Screenshot-61.jpg

Oh, yes. The appearance of an Evil, Insane fairy in Macavoy’s life all but confirmed his status as heir. I had to act fast, before she kicked the bucket on us! Thank goodness Belinda had just made a Fountain of Youth elixir the day before.

Screenshot-63.jpg

Now THAT’S more like it. A corset-like top and elbow-length gloves? Macavoy could hardly contain himself.

Screenshot-66.jpg

I think it all was a bit too much for Aubrey, though. She did not respond well to his flirts. Oh well! I wasn’t concerned. We could afford to wait now that Aubrey wasn’t about to die of old age any second.

Screenshot-70.jpg

The next day, poor belated Tabitha finally got her last promotion.

Screenshot-74.jpg

She’d worked hard and extra-long for this. But would her new trait be enough to compete against Macavoy’s eccentricity and evil fairy love interest?

Screenshot-79.jpg

Nope! Definitely not. Tabitha rolled the Absent-Minded trait, which is basically the ultimate Okay You’re Definitely Not The Heir trait. Ah, well. At least she got a really cute new gingham outfit.

Screenshot-83.jpg

“Good luck, Mac.”
“Thanks, sis. I’ll keep you updated.”
“Sure, but also…no need. I’m looking forward to living alone, devoting myself to the study of logic, and working really hard for money I’m never going to spend.”

Screenshot-89.jpg

And so she was.

Screenshot-96.jpg

Macavoy’s first act as heir was to blow up the entire junkyard. (Tabitha happened to be there at the time. She got singed, and remained singed all the way until her adult birthday. Girl, I’m so sorry.)

Screenshot-101.jpg

Next on Macavoy’s list: get the beautiful, evil, insane fairy to move in. The fact that she showed up to their date wearing tiny pajama shorts seemed promising in regards to her level of interest.

Screenshot-107.jpg

And so Aubrey Oviedo joined the family, and I had way too much fun with her makeover. Her gothic fairy princess vibe was impossible to resist. Aubrey’s full set of traits is fantastically horrifying: Evil, Genius, Insane, Hot-Headed, and Dislikes Children. Her Lifetime Wish is Magic Makeover, which I’ve actually never done before, and she likes electronica music, tri-tip steak, and the color black.

Screenshot-111.jpg

It turned out that Aubrey already had a boyfriend, a random pudding-faced townie. She invited him over to the Buslingthorpe house to shatter his heart into a million pieces whilst Cornelius awkwardly sidled by on his way to the sink.

Screenshot-116.jpg

With the boyfriend out of the way, Aubrey and Macavoy were free to get flirty. And oh, they did. This happened within minutes of the ex-boyfriend leaving, and these two went on to flirt adorably for hours without interruption.

Screenshot-119.jpg

When she wasn’t cooing at Macavoy, though, Aubrey was pulling amazing faces, like this.

Screenshot-122.jpg

And this.

Screenshot-139.jpg

And this. Oh yeah, and she was a singer. The game put her in that career and I saw no reason to take her out of it. :D

Screenshot-138.jpg

It was kind of weird to see such a vicious soul singing cheery little songs to the townsfolk, but Aubrey was surprisingly charming doing her sing-a-grams. She didn’t seem to mind bringing joy to people (though she would sometimes sneak up and scare them afterwards).

Screenshot-142.jpg

I suppose this career gave her a bit of an outlet. Here, she could be Gothic Fairy Princess and let loose her terrifying stage presence which was actually very popular and which people actually loved.

Screenshot-125.jpg

When not singing, Aubrey fished. We needed some deathfish for eventual ambrosia. Aubrey was assigned the task and took to it rather well. Are you noticing a pattern here? It’s a pattern of Aubrey not being nearly as wacko or problematic as I was hoping. But maybe I’m speaking too soon.