Author Topic: How do you play rich families?  (Read 75465 times)

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
Re: How do you play rich families?
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2011, 08:25:16 PM »
I make my sims travel. That way they can spend money buying the trip, and then get a vacation home that I can deck out.
And I add a lot of artwork to their house.

Offline iCastl

• Queen of the Wild things
  • Townie
  • Stay gold Ponyboy.
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2012, 02:07:26 PM »
I usually start with sims I make, so they start off at the bottom. As they start getting money O build HUGE houses for them with the most expensive items they can get their hands on. Once that's done, I buy all partnerships and ownerships, upgrade all the properties ( which at first gets rid of all my money but then generates a barbarous income) then I send them off traveling until they can buy vacation homes which they also  fill with expensive stuff and lastly, I have them quit their jobs to simply max out skills and become collectors.

What I did once was move my rich sim into a not so rich household to upgrade their home (and give them economic stability by maxing their careers)... My goal was to do this with all the houses in sunset valley. I don't know why I never finished  this  though...it wasfun.
Sometimes love is not enough and road gets tough I don't know why.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2012, 07:09:22 PM »
@iCastl: How much money did your avarage houses of rich sims cost?

Offline iCastl

• Townie
  • Stay gold Ponyboy.
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2012, 09:54:42 PM »
It all depends on the size of the household...they range from 500,000 to a couple of millions, usually, just  about 1 million

Leto85

« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2012, 05:14:21 AM »
It all depends on the size of the household...they range from 500,000 to a couple of millions, usually, just  about 1 million

Nive! Do you have any pictures to share? I would love to see how those look.

Offline iCastl

• Townie
  • Stay gold Ponyboy.
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2012, 11:08:12 AM »
Actually not many (in fact just one  ::) ) I tend to delet old files because they ruin my games, BUT, I'm currently playing my Dynasty and their house is just a few rooms (and designing front lawn) from complete. It's pretty huge and is indeed one of the houses I'm proudest of.
 I get my computer back today and I'll hopefully be able to fix that annoying problem that's making my sims crash, I'll post pics of how the house is going so far and a few ones once I'm finished building and decorating.  :D

Offline iCastl

• Townie
  • Stay gold Ponyboy.
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2012, 09:49:49 AM »
I got my game to work again. I believe I owe you these :)
It's my legacy house in progress. At the moment it costs a little over 600,000.
Chances are, this house will be a million simoleon house when I'm finished with it!

This is the first floor. Its the closest to being completed. Just need to re-do the wallpaper and decoreate the halls and a couple of the rooms.

Um.. this is a view from, the back? sort of? Haha

This is, a preview perhaps? Of a couple of my rooms. The first (from left to right) is the one that has the staris leading to the basement, the second (which i'm still working on) is the 'art' room so it has the easel, sculpting station, inventing station and the drawing board. The third is the study, which is already finished...It has several libraries and 2 computers considering many sims will be wanting to use them with time.

This is the front lawn. As you can see, its empty haha I'll probably make a drive way surrounded by flowers and a fountain. The roofing I need to re-do and the I haven't yet decided how to paint the walls.

And this i sthe back lawn which just needs some beautify-ing.

The in the second floor I have eight bedrooms which will eventually belong to all my heirs, but right now, all they have is beds. The third floor has 1 or 2 rooms which will become the nursery and the spouse or sibling room. (I hate them using the heir's room  :P )
The basement is where I have the wine-making machines (a rooms which still need working on) and where my dynasty museum lies. (At the moment with just a couple of portraits and a sealed entrance.)

So thats it :) When I'm done constructing the house I'll post a couple of screenshots, better ones too (sorry for that haha)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2012, 02:57:18 PM »
intersting layout. Have you found any gameplay lack while playing this house?
As I recently have build a house which seems to be to huge for my computer to handle. Talk about luxurious problems...

Offline iCastl

• Townie
  • Stay gold Ponyboy.
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2012, 06:11:17 PM »
So far the layout has been quite practical. I read a few tips on the forum and applied them... its probably one of the houses that I've built tht makes the most sense to me (and that is organized).

As for lagging and stuff, well yeah, camera movement SUCKS. Haha. The thing is, I'm pretty sure its not just because of the size and detail in the house beacuse I'm currently playing a MUCH smaller lot with another family and I get the same problem.

I'm starting to thinks its because of my RAM... I have 2gb but have all expansions except pets installed. Which is pushing my computer waaaay pver its limits.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2012, 11:24:41 PM »
I usually end up not playing rich families. I get them right up to building them a huge house and giving them everything they need and then I get super bored!

Offline iCastl

• Townie
  • Stay gold Ponyboy.
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2012, 01:39:06 PM »
LETO,

I was wondering why you hadn't responded to my message so I came to check and I  apparently never sent it  :'( the worst part was that it was even longer than yours!

Basically what I told you in the past message was that, when translating, you should always try to translate the idea rather than word by word because due to grammatical differences in each language you can get some strange variation.

In this  particular example, I would have translated from English to Spanish in the following way:

SP: Me canso de hacer el mismo trabajo siempre

EN: I get tired of always doing the same work.

The specific reason for the use of "I" instead of "It is" is because "Me", in Spanish is referring to  an activity that I experience in particular (it applies to me only) When you say "It is" you are giving a more general idea and are implying that this statement applies to other as well (not just yourself).

Like you stated below, cansado is the same as tired and not boring. The reason that I would find this to  differ from Dutch is precisely what I said in the beginning. I don't know Dutch but I'm pretty sure that some words are not translateable in a really accurate way.(reason why I prefer to translate by ideas and  it words).

The order I chose for the translation is simply because of sonority and gramaticality. (again, ideas instead of words).

I'm not too sure if this answered your question, I hope it did, but if you have any doubts, ask away!

Sorry for the inconvenience, I could have SWORN I sent the message  :( I promise not to be this late in the future.

iCastl

EDIT: I can't seem to send messages :/ This is angering me haha hopefully you are already reading this and I haven't sent 50 copies of the same message

EDIT 2: I was forced to post this here because for some reason the messages are simply not sending. Regarless of the device or method I use.  >:(

EDIT 3: By the way, this was copied directly from the message I just sent you.

Edited by Anushka

Katharina992886

« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2012, 01:11:49 PM »
Like everyone has been saying rich families are not all that fun. Or at least for me. I like to make them go from poor to rich. But to answer your question, you go to new game and instead of choseing make a sim you chose, chose a houshold or something like that. This will take you to where all the families live, it will tell you the leave and how much money they have. But I still believe it is better just to make them go from poor to rich. WHen they are already rich there really isn't anything to do with them. You might play the game diffently then I do though. Have fun.
Katharina.

Hunnington

« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2012, 07:34:50 PM »
Tons of parties.
 try to max out their skills 
build HUGE mansions (it's satisfying knowing they're living in a house you made.)
And raise big big families
i find it fun

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2012, 05:16:38 AM »
WHen they are already rich there really isn't anything to do with them.

That's why you need some tactics from the start to keep it going.  ;)

First of all, I typically start new families on the empty 60x60 lot.  That puts the crunch on early.  It also gives you quite a bit of room to build, and build I do!  I plan the first floor layout with the free floor tiles, and the very first thing I build is a 4 story staircase underground (I typically have trouble placing basement stairs after I start building the house).  That area will house several workshops of different varieties and will hold the extensive collection this family will build.

One of my favorite things to collect are gems:  my families will almost always have a massive "family jewels" collection consisting of large, rare cuts of literally every gem, and increasingly expensive manufactured metal bars.  Occasionally, someone will do adventures in other countries and I'll try to complete the artifact collections.  The bottom level is usually a family crypt, with the remains in different chests so the lot isn't overrun by ghosts (I use the WA wall plaques for a memorial, along with a portrait or photograph of the Sim in their prime).  The above ground floors will vary, but I don't typically go over two stories.

Now, this may seem like the same thing as everyone else does, but there is a difference.  I usually don't take the LTR "no bills ever" beyond the first generation...if I take it at all, and I never extend anyone's life (beyond the occasional "Oh My Ghost" opportunity).  This means that the subsequent generations will need all that income from properties.  They'll need to bust their humps to have a successful career.  Otherwise, the building will stop and the repo-man won't be far behind.

My problem with playing rich families doesn't come from getting bored with them.  It typically comes from me getting an idea for doing something else.  :P
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2012, 04:17:56 PM »
Hi all  my rich sim enjoys travel,buying up venues around town and making them beautiful,and giving generously to charity (sounds like she is a candidate in a beauty pageant lol ;D) Hosfac I really like your ideas for playing I might have to get the brave trait and change the way I play ;D