Author Topic: Mixed Gender Twins - It's True!  (Read 111378 times)

Offline Xanatos

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Mixed Gender Twins - It's True!
« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2011, 08:40:36 AM »
Thanks so much I was so excited when I the twins one of them is the heir to my decdynasty. I am glad to know it could happen again .

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2012, 01:48:25 AM »
I'm merging the topics.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2012, 02:59:07 PM »
Yes, a quick check on that section of the pregnancy coding shows that EA did indeed correct the mistake they made in the base-game.

Marvelous to hear. :)
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2012, 10:16:45 PM »
I just wanted to say how excited I am to get my first natural born multi gender triplets! The only help was (obviously) the fertility treatment for both parents. It was 2 girls and 1 boy.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2012, 03:51:48 AM »
The gender is decided upon asking the doctor what the baby's gender is. The catch is that, in case of twins and triples, this will lock the first baby's gender, so if the doctor says it's a girl, it will be a girl regardless of how many apples you make your sim mother eat. After the first baby's gender is locked (in this case, girl), you can force the second twin's gender by eating it's specific fruit (apple for boys, watermelon for girls).

Interesting. It didn't work for my couple with their third child, after my female Sim's husband, who is a World Reowned Surgeon btw, said it was a boy, no amount of watermelons would change the gender. (I think she ate about 15).

Next I tried for mixed gender twins, the old fashioned way with her Doctor husband and the fruit, I have the latest patch but not Pets installed yet so I was taking no chances.

As soon as pregnancy was announced I had him determine the gender, a boy which was great as both my Sims wanted a boy. Because this happened late at night and they both tired I sent them both to bed straight after this and didn't have her start eating watermelon until the next day. She ate about 10-11 and he said it was a boy again, 2-3 watermelons later he still insisted it was a boy.  >:( On the third day I had her scoff down about 20 watermelons (I was getting desperate by this stage, lol), I tried to have him determine the gender again but the option didn't show up for either of them. When she gave birth out came a boy and a girl!  :)

The Mother had the Fertility Treatment LTR and watched the kids channel as well as listening to music mostly on the third day, both parents read the pregnancy books. Also both parents have the Family Orientated trait and the Mother has the Nurturing trait too, not sure if the latter make a differance though.

I'm just posting this to show that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, lol. This is just my little experience, thought you might be interested.  :P

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2012, 05:42:42 AM »
After the gender is determined by the physician, you can't change the gender by eating either fruit, but it gives higher chances of the second child of being the opposite gender. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2012, 07:31:59 AM »
After the gender is determined by the physician, you can't change the gender by eating either fruit, but it gives higher chances of the second child of being the opposite gender.

I realized after rereading some parts of this thread that the gender of the baby cannot be changed after a physician determines gender, as it locks it in. I also get that eating the correct fruit will probably result in the second baby being the opposite gender. What I don't quite understand is why he didn't say the second child was a girl even after I had his wife eat a bucketload of watermelon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2012, 05:48:46 PM »
Actually, you never know if it is going to be more than one baby, so they cannot determine gender of more than one baby. :)  Some things have to remain a mystery, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2012, 07:03:18 PM »
Right.  Like Salty said, it's only the first baby that the doctor is determining the gender for.  No matter how many times your Sim asks, it will always be the first baby and the gender will remain the same no matter how much fruit the mother eats.  It's only at birth that you find out that it's multiple babies with mixed genders.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2012, 01:29:31 AM »
Ok, thanks Salty and Pam.  :) I would be nice if Physician Sims could determine twins or triplets just like Doctors can in real life. Just a quick, slightly unrelated question here.

Since the birth of the twins I now have 5 kids (3 toddlers, 2 babies, God help me!!! DX), Mum, Dad and the Bulter makes 8 Sims living under 1 roof. Just wondering if the Bulter counts towards the 8 Sim limit per household as he has not been added to the active family.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2012, 01:31:02 AM »
No, the butler does not count.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2012, 01:40:09 AM »
Good! I will be making one of childrens Imaginary Friends real in the future then (They ALL got one! xD), thanks!  :)

Hmmm, 5 kids, 2 parents, 1 Bulter and 5 IFs including 1 that will eventually be made real, I can sense that things are going to get pretty crazy in my household, lol! DX

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2012, 05:13:01 AM »
Since the birth of the twins I now have 5 kids (3 toddlers, 2 babies, God help me!!! DX), Mum, Dad and the Bulter makes 8 Sims living under 1 roof. Just wondering if the Bulter counts towards the 8 Sim limit per household as he has not been added to the active family.

Please try to stay on topic.  If you can't find an answer from searching the Forum, you may start a new topic.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2012, 08:27:01 AM »
Sorry, will do next time.

Durei

« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2012, 11:16:13 PM »
My current family just had two sets of twins in a row, both of which were mixed gender. I did nothing to the parents (i.e. I didn't use the doctor checking gender cheat) and I think only the mother has fertility treatment. At the time of this occurring I had the world adventures and ambitions expansions. Did EA increase the chances of mixed gender twins?