Author Topic: Does anyone else use Create-a-World?  (Read 11841 times)

Offline Glic2000

• Townie
Does anyone else use Create-a-World?
« on: February 07, 2011, 09:35:30 AM »
I was just curious who else is using CAW.  I haven't seen much mention of it here.

I've been at it for the last few months and my first town is (finally!) almost done. 

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Re: Does anyone else use Create-a-World?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 09:43:39 AM »
I am, and I love it, at this point, most of my gaming time is in CAW.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Ambiesboy

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 10:49:32 AM »
I bought the game on steam and when I try to install it I get an error trying to tell me I don't have the game itself installed.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 04:57:35 PM »
I haven't yet, but over the past few weeks I've been considering experimenting with it. 
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Glic2000

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 07:19:09 PM »
Well, it ain't easy. :)  Be prepared to spend quite a bit of time reading/watching tutorials and just poking around with it.

Still, it's fun once you get into it...

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 10:57:11 PM »
I do!  I even have a world posted on the official site that I made pre-LN.  I have another world that I play with but have not made available for download.  I use the tiny maps because my computer isn't that great - which is why I don't bother putting in decorations.  Fewer items for the game to render.

I play with CAW in spurts; I have to be in the mood.  I started making a dessert-themed island, but haven't found the motivation to finish it.  Yes, dessert.  Two s's.  Delicious (just?) desserts.  I was even contemplating requesting that the forum builders create housing and clubs that are shaped like or inspired by desserts.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 11:28:15 PM »
I have tackled it on and off since it was first released.  It does take quite some time to get everything looking good and working correctly.  Most of my problem is in constructing my roads as I somehow always seem to disconnect a roadway at one intersection or another.   I have made a few worlds for my own use and still find slight errors even after hours of game play. 
CAW is awful hard on video cards too as I burnt one out in the beginning.   
And like Jonna says - one has to be in the mood  :D.
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 03:59:40 AM »
It is time consuming and it takes a while to get to know it well enough to enjoy it fully, but I love it. Now I have no problems with roads but making edges look realistic and keeping the world flat is pretty hard. Also fittin everything on small map without making it so dense is challenging. But harder thing is to stop placing spawners, It seems I can't get enough of them. I just spent 20 minutes placing that splashing wave in right position! But it does looks wonderful!
I also have less problems with roads if I place large lots where I want them, and lining them with grid on. So I usually place both roads and lots simultaneously, and after all is placed, check and fix each intersection, bridge etc. I also, tend to upload world in the middle, just to get a feeling of it in game. I'm jet to discover how to import families in CAW so that I can export it inhabited..

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 03:26:20 PM »
I've been playing around with it too. I'm taking my time doing a world that I may ( or may not) upload here when it's finished, depending how it goes.
As for inhabited worlds, I'm sure I read that the only way to do it (at the moment) is by using mods which I don't want to do. If I do upload it, I was going to upload the individual households as well with instructions as to where each family belong, so people could get the feel og how I intended it to be.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 05:47:44 PM »
I've wanted to get CAW and fool around with it in the hopes I could have a vampire free world to play in but other than the learning curve, I'm concerned about the video card.  My computer already runs fairly slow for a reasonably new pc, Windows 7, and I'm constantly having to clean things out when I play Sims or I get that stop and start jerky movement thing.  What video card or cards are best?  Is there any other upgrade that would be needed to keep your pc safe and running fast and smooth?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 07:59:58 PM »
Well, it ain't easy. :)  Be prepared to spend quite a bit of time reading/watching tutorials and just poking around with it.

It does take quite some time to get everything looking good and working correctly.

It is time consuming and it takes a while to get to know it well enough to enjoy it fully

None of this is dissuading me, by the way.  In fact, it's having the opposite effect.  :P

I guess I'm off to download it.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 02:22:58 AM »
I have an ongoing project and quite like making Worlds but I have only ever had two serious projects and this is my second.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 02:33:57 AM »
See I cant find out how to make it work. Any help guys?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 02:40:37 AM »
Well, tell us what is the problem? What you can't make work?

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 02:54:30 AM »
I guess I just dint know how to use it and the guide on the Sims 3 site isn't very helpful ether