Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 192884 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Consider My Mind Officially Blown!
« Reply #525 on: May 24, 2011, 06:36:45 AM »
Congrats on getting to gen 8 in your Dynasty. Joanna is really gorgeous :)
Got so caught up in reading the whole story up til now, i totally forgot about playing my own tonight .

Welcome to the forum, Ferretmania and thank you for taking the time to read my story!

Uploading Joanna to the Swap Shop would be great!! The rest of the family would be cool to!

I'll start working on it.  :)  I think I'll hold off on Joanna until she hits YA so she has all of her traits.

Whew, I just finished reading the whole thing. You know I haven't read a Dynasty since Pam and Metro finished theirs, and I reckon you're right up there Katluvr! Love the house, love the Sims, love the beautiful photos and storytelling and aaaah it's all so gorgeous  ;D!

Wow, now I'm blushing!  Thank you for the incredible compliment!  I don't consider my dynasty anywhere near as good as Pam's or Metro's - heck I don't even consider it as good as many of the dynasties that are ongoing right now.  But I'm really happy with and proud of it just the same, and it means so much to me that you all are reading and enjoying it!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Consider My Mind Officially Blown!
« Reply #526 on: May 24, 2011, 07:17:25 AM »
Birthdays and Their Opposite

My birthday was on a Friday, so I had a whole weekend to play before I started school.  Grandma Jess decided we should celebrate with a trip to the Starr Museum of Fine Arts and Natural History.  It was a pretty cool place - I especially liked all the artifacts from Egypt.  Too bad there wasn't a mummy on display there, but Grandma Jori beat them all up the last time she was in Egypt.

I also spent some time playing in the back yard.  The slide is my favorite!

Mostly, though, I played with the laptop that mom gave me for my birthday.  I want to be a famous writer when I grow up.  I finished my first story already - it's a sci fi book called 'Starrs in Space'.  I'm working on my next book, 'Ambrosia:  What's Up With That?!'  As soon as I become a teenager I'm going to register at the Town Hall as a writer, I'm so excited!

Monday morning finally rolled around and there was a traffic jam in front of our house.

Mom dashed out the door first, yelling to me to have a great first day of school as she left.  It seems I mostly see her back as she runs off to work or a campaign fundraiser.  It's okay though, I have a house full of grandmas and grandpas, which is more than most kids have.

Grandma Joce left for work, too.  She's a famous doctor.  If I were her I would have retired already, but she says she likes her job.

And last but not least, I boarded the bus for my first day of grade school.  I hope the other kids are nice...

Later that day...

Ugh, nobody ever mentioned there would be homework!  I'm glad grandpa is around to help me with it - this math stuff is hard!  I'd much rather be writing.

Plus, I can hardly think with Grandma Jasmine digging holes in the back yard with that noisy mining machine she made.  That's why mom and the grandparents made me my own special study up on the third floor.  I love to look out the big windows - the view is so pretty!

They even let me put in a stereo so I can listen to my favorite tunes by Beethoven and Mozart.  Although sometime I hear grandpa Jamie's tunes from the music room right next door...

Later that week

Grade school went by so quickly and it wasn't too bad.  I met a few nice kids - they are all babysitters and newspaper deliverers.  They think being a writer is weird, but that's okay.  I think being a babysitter is weird, so we're even!

When it was time for my birthday, mom and the grandparents invited dad over for a little party.  I better make this wish a good one!  Hmmm, I wish...I wish...   

...WOW, I didn't wish for this, but I'll take it!

My birthday present was to redecorate my room however I wanted to.  I like how it turned out!

And now it's off to City Hall to become a writer and then...to the Bat Cave...err, my study!

A couple of days later

Mom had her adult birthday and aged up with hair that looked like a blonde football helmet!  Oh, that gives me an idea for another book...a history of bad hair...

One trip to the mirror and she was back to her old self.  Then it was off to the prosper room for a fundraiser.  Even though she made a lot of money for her campaign, it really didn't seem to matter because in the middle of the party...

...we lost dad.  *sob*  Even Grim was unhappy about it - I think that's a first.  From what the grandparents have said he usually enjoys his work.

Mom was just devastated and spent the weekend in bed crying about how she should have married dad when she had the chance.  As for me, I've decided I won't fall in love.  I don't want to have my heart broken.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Birthdays and Their Opposite
« Reply #527 on: May 24, 2011, 07:28:15 AM »
Happy birthday Joann. R.I.P. was that Seneca?? I thought he was still a YA!  :o

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #528 on: May 24, 2011, 08:29:48 AM »
RIP Seneca Beck - the unofficial Starr spouse :(

Happy Birthday to Joanna though.   She really was a cute kid.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #529 on: May 24, 2011, 09:56:01 AM »
Yep, that was Seneca.  I was shocked to see him as an elder, but not really that surprised.  He was a babysitter.  Since it happened in the lounge I don't even have a headstone to move to the family plot.  :(  If I had been paying closer attention I would have invited him to the house in hopes that he would kick the bucket there.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #530 on: May 24, 2011, 10:06:34 AM »
Just go to the mausoleum at the graveyard and manage the dead.  You'll be able to pick up his headstone there.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #531 on: May 24, 2011, 10:50:40 AM »
BWAAAAAHH!
Poor Joanna... :(
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #532 on: May 24, 2011, 11:01:15 AM »
Happy birthday Joanna! Good luck with your writing ambitions.

R.I.P. Seneca, thanks for giving Katluvr Joanna.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #533 on: May 24, 2011, 11:06:31 AM »
Just go to the mausoleum at the graveyard and manage the dead.  You'll be able to pick up his headstone there.

REALLY?!  AWESOME!  Thank you for telling me about this - I had no idea it was an option!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #534 on: May 24, 2011, 11:23:27 AM »
You're welcome!  Also.. Awesome update!  Good luck to Joanna!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #535 on: May 24, 2011, 12:15:14 PM »
Happy birthday Joanna! You are gorgeous, darling, love ya x :D Funny how we get attached to these little pixels.
And when they die we need a lot of kleenex... RIP Seneca, you were a fine spouse, even if not official. Thank you for giving us Joanna.
Awesome update, Kat! I don't want Starrs to finish... BWAAAH! :'(
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #536 on: May 24, 2011, 03:15:35 PM »
Rest well Seneca, good job making a beautiful daughter! You get a stamp on your passport to awesome Sim afterlife.

I just noticed your climbing horse by the door, it might have been there before, but now I've been keeping an eye out for them, I'm hoping they conquer the multiverse LOL

Great update *confetti* for the birthday.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #537 on: May 24, 2011, 04:14:02 PM »
I just noticed your climbing horse by the door, it might have been there before, but now I've been keeping an eye out for them, I'm hoping they conquer the multiverse LOL

Great catch, Juxt!  It is indeed a relatively recent (late gen 5) addition.  It was Carmelo's last masterpiece sculpture before he went with Grim.  Since I had such a good laugh over Rocko, I just couldn't stand to sell it.  LOL  Since that time Jess created a masterpiece clay sculpture of the two hands, so that graces the opposite side of the entrance.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #538 on: May 24, 2011, 05:38:34 PM »
R.I.P Seneca! Happy Birthday Joanna! I love her study and her room. Great colour contrast!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline accioxheart

• Nooboo
« Reply #539 on: May 24, 2011, 09:25:24 PM »
I've just started reading Dynasties and I really really like yours. :)
I did want to refer you to someone you might like, TheCurtisParadisShow on Youtube. He makes Sim houses. He pointed something out and I have a feeling you might like this, did you know you can delete chimneys? the moveobjects on cheat and then click on the different parts of the chimney to delete it, so you don't have them in the middle of your floor with no fireplace. Anyways, keep writing, this story is awesome :)