Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 192874 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Birthdays, Beaus, and 'Brosia
« Reply #330 on: April 30, 2011, 10:36:22 PM »
Congratulations~! ^^
Formerly Simstar3

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #331 on: May 01, 2011, 03:15:53 AM »
Congratulations Jasmine! Sorry about the SimBot. So, are we expecting nooboos? :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #332 on: May 01, 2011, 04:16:31 AM »
Congrats on Number 4!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #333 on: May 01, 2011, 05:53:48 AM »
Seven hurrays for all the birthdays! Jocelyn's still a gorgeous sim.

Congratulations to Jasmine - or is it my condolences? - on becoming an Immortal. I wish it wouldn't have to be so soon though; I'd hate to see Raj go.
Congratulations to you on your "point of no return" are definitely in order however!

PS. I'm very glad Jackson did not follow Band Outfit Protocols and skipped the mini skirt ;)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #334 on: May 01, 2011, 08:49:02 AM »
Many happy birthdays and congratulations on immortal number 4!

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #335 on: May 01, 2011, 10:15:07 AM »
Thank you for all the congrats and birthday wishes and especially for reading my story!  I'm so flattered!

Raj was definitely the right pick of spouse - Joce got his hair and skin tone.  The Steel mouth is still present (thank you Jeremey). 

No nooboos yet, TCR, we have to have a wedding first.  Jasmine and Jori are acting like a couple of yentas, making all kinds of plans for the wedding.  Joce may have some other ideas.   ;)

Can't believe I have 4 immortals already.  I'm probably going to have to start removing things from their house soon - my game is starting to lag - especially when I return to home and it tries to render the house and everything.  I think I'll start with the collectables (I've got all large skulls and all large heart gems now - working on sculptors eggs.)  I wish there were a way within the limitations of the dynasty rules to create a museum on one of their properties and move all the art, relics, and collectables there - but I think the only way to do that involves going into Edit Town mode, which is a no-no.  If anyone knows another way to do this, please share your wisdom. 

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #336 on: May 01, 2011, 10:24:33 AM »
Aw, that's a pity. ;D I love nooboos!

About the question: if it's going to be on one of their properties, can't you use Build/Buy on this Lot options, which you get when purchasing a property, to build the museum building and decorate it? You can drop portable items on properties (portraits, photos, gems, metals, etc.). As far as I know, you can't move sculptures from one lot to another. But you can sculpt new sculptures on the property (by placing a sculpting station on the property via Buy on this Lot option). Those sculptures will stay on the property and you can move them afterwards, again, via Build/Buy on this Lot options. So it turns out that you can't move existing Immortal sculptures, but you can create new ones there. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #337 on: May 01, 2011, 11:07:05 AM »
Thank you for all the congrats and birthday wishes and especially for reading my story!  I'm so flattered!

Raj was definitely the right pick of spouse - Joce got his hair and skin tone.  The Steel mouth is still present (thank you Jeremey). 

No nooboos yet, TCR, we have to have a wedding first.  Jasmine and Jori are acting like a couple of yentas, making all kinds of plans for the wedding.  Joce may have some other ideas.   ;)

Can't believe I have 4 immortals already.  I'm probably going to have to start removing things from their house soon - my game is starting to lag - especially when I return to home and it tries to render the house and everything.  I think I'll start with the collectables (I've got all large skulls and all large heart gems now - working on sculptors eggs.)  I wish there were a way within the limitations of the dynasty rules to create a museum on one of their properties and move all the art, relics, and collectables there - but I think the only way to do that involves going into Edit Town mode, which is a no-no.  If anyone knows another way to do this, please share your wisdom. 
But... I remember that Schipperke built a Mortal Gallery on another lot in her Dynasty.
(Sorry if I misspelled her name)
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #338 on: May 01, 2011, 11:15:47 AM »
You can create a Museum on one of your property's, but you won't be able to take sculptures with you. Like Chronic said, everything that can be moved into a sim's inventory can be places on a property and then moved around in the buy/build mode. Sculptures, however, don't go into a sim's inventory and since you can not use your family inventory on those lots (EA should fix that - it's really lame!) you can not place your sculptures on the lot.

The only way to create a museum with sculptures is to buy the property from the get go and place a sculpting station there to create the sculptures on the lot itself.

That doesn't leave you with a lot of options Kat, you could perhaps "split" your museum - if that's allowed. Keep the sculptures (and maybe some other things) on your lot and move to rest to a different museum. At least that will help with the lag.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #339 on: May 01, 2011, 11:36:52 AM »
Actually, that's perfect!  I want to move gems and relics primarily, and they are all portable so I can have a sim drop them on the property before I go into build mode. I don't have many statues other than in my immortal museum, and they are staying put. Thank you for your help!

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #340 on: May 01, 2011, 12:43:09 PM »
But... I remember that Schipperke built a Mortal Gallery on another lot in her Dynasty.
(Sorry if I misspelled her name)

That's true, Simstar.  It was in the Otokrak dynasty, which is unfinished as I haven't been playing that game.  I put a couple of sculpting stations right on the owned property, so the sculptures could be done on-site.  Of course, sculptures don't appreciate in value unless they're on your own home property, so you wouldn't want to have your Immortal Gallery off-lot.  But it allowed me to have a place to honour the mortals who helped to  make the dynasty possible.  

Oh, and ps:  thanks for spelling the name right!   ;)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #341 on: May 02, 2011, 12:24:12 PM »
The Wedding That Almost Wasn't

THAT'S IT!  I'VE HAD ENOUGH!

I may end up being the first Starr heir who is single and childless if I have anything to say about it.  Mom and Grandma are planning a wedding to rival that of William and Kate, and the rest of the family is going along with it.  Nobody has asked me what I want - nobody seems to care!

On top of it all, Carmelo is being a jerk.  He accidentally dropped his little black book the last time he was over to our house and I found it.  What is he doing with one of those anyhow - we've been dating ever since we were teenagers and now he's engaged!  Needless to say I let him have a piece of my mind.

I should just call the whole thing off and focus on my career.  So what if this immortal dynasty thing stops with me - would that be so bad?

Finally Grandma Jessica noticed how upset I was and pulled me aside for a talk.  I poured my heart out to her about how I wanted private wedding and how I wasn't even sure if Carmelo was 'the one'.  She told me that there was no need to rush into marriage unless I wanted to start a family right away - which I don't. 

As for Carmelo, she told me that it was completely up to me, but that if it were her she wouldn't throw away an otherwise happy relationship because of one foolish choice on his part.  She told me how Grandpa Sam didn't even show up for their wedding and how she was able to forgive him.  Maybe there's hope for Carmelo and I yet.

I decided that the only way this would work is if I took control of the situation and did things my way.  The following day I called Carmelo up and told him to meet me at Old Pier Beach at 4pm.  Fortunately the whole family were otherwise occupied as I slipped into Mom's closet to take the one part of her wedding plans that I agreed with...the dress.  I headed over to the gym so I could prepare for the biggest day of my life in the privacy of the women's locker room.

Carmelo was at the beach at 4pm waiting for me.  I told him how much I loved him but that all this wedding nonsense was driving me out of my mind.  At last something we could agree on.  I asked him if he would marry me right here, right now, just the two of us.

He was a little worried about the wrath of Mom and Grandma, but happily agreed to risk it.  He told me that his little black book was on its way to the town dump and that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and only me.

As the sun set over the ocean we exchanged our vows.

Now it's time to go home and face the music...

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Wedding That Almost Wasn't
« Reply #342 on: May 02, 2011, 12:31:41 PM »
Congratulations!!!!!!!  Beautiful wedding setting.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #343 on: May 02, 2011, 12:40:53 PM »
Congrats~! ;D
What d you mean by "Little Black Book"? ???
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #344 on: May 02, 2011, 01:08:33 PM »
Congrats~! ;D
What d you mean by "Little Black Book"? ???

A book of names and phone numbers of other girls-possibly just friends but Joce got jealous.

anything