Author Topic: Payment from sculpting opportunities  (Read 7179 times)

Offline niuri_cigarete

• Llama Wrangler
  • Trust me, I'm a meteorologist.
Payment from sculpting opportunities
« on: February 16, 2011, 08:52:08 AM »
Hey everyone, I've encountered a problem here. Everything seemed to be working fine in my other families, but one sculptor doesn't get any payment for his delivered sculptures. It doesn't matter what sculpture it is or where it supposed to be delivered. He keeps getting zero simoleons:

I've tried restarting the game but he still doesn't get paid. I can sell sculptures normally and I get the money.

Has anyone had this problem? I couldn't find a topic related to this.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Payment from sculpting opportunities
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 09:41:23 AM »
You might see if there's any connection with the multitude of consignment store bugs that exist. If any member of the household has anything on consignment, have them cancel everything, save and exit out of the game, then restart and wait for a sculpting opportunity to see if it makes a difference.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 09:47:28 AM »
It may be a low-level opportunity, much like with celebrities; If your celebrity is at 4 stars or so, when they get an opportunity like "order a drink at *", they don't get celebrity points for doing it.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 10:00:53 AM »
This has happened to me with sculpting opportunities.  Several times my sims have had an opportunity to deliver a Masterpiece sculpture to city hall, and then they got paid nothing.  Nothing for a masterpiece sculpture!  Those guys at city hall are real cheapskates.   ;)  But it's happened in more than one of my games, so now I am very cautious about accepting sculpting opps.  Unless it's a BlackOp you need for your dynasty, and getting the opportunity is more important than the remuneration.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline niuri_cigarete

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 11:07:28 AM »
You might see if there's any connection with the multitude of consignment store bugs that exist. If any member of the household has anything on consignment, have them cancel everything, save and exit out of the game, then restart and wait for a sculpting opportunity to see if it makes a difference.

None of my family members has anything in the consignment store so I doubt that it may be related. I haven't used the consignment store in this particular game at all.

It may be a low-level opportunity, much like with celebrities; If your celebrity is at 4 stars or so, when they get an opportunity like "order a drink at *", they don't get celebrity points for doing it.

I didn't get the money even when there were few skillpoints.

Nothing for a masterpiece sculpture!

That's the most disappointing thing... I brought a masterpiece to the city hall that was worth about 2500 simoleons, I think, and I got nothing. I have one simple opportunity now: deliver 3 wood sculptures. I did some cleanup in the game and restarted the pc, maybe this would work (but I doubt it).

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 11:10:25 AM »
Any chance you might already have sculptures in your family inventory?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 11:42:20 AM »
I have one simple opportunity now: deliver 3 wood sculptures. I did some cleanup in the game and restarted the pc, maybe this would work (but I doubt it).

Is that the opportunity that asks you to deliver the sculptures to the Warehouse?  I've never had a problem with that one.  The criminals, unlike city hall, actually pay their bills - at least in my game.  Actually, the  only opps that seem to pay nothing are the ones asking for masterpiece sculptures.  I've had opps to deliver sculptures to the bistro or to sculpt at the police station, both of which paid well.  Good luck!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 12:15:31 PM »
In my Immortal Dynasty household, the sculptor got paid for the wooden sculptures delivered to the criminals, but got nothing from city hall.  I just think that particular opportunity is bugged.

I don't typically sell things at the consignment store, and after I make a sculpture I either place it on the lot or I sell it directly from the sculpting station.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline niuri_cigarete

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 02:53:40 PM »
Any chance you might already have sculptures in your family inventory?

No I don't. The only stuff I keep there are sometimes paintings (but not in this case) and child stuff like cribs.

In my Immortal Dynasty household, the sculptor got paid for the wooden sculptures delivered to the criminals, but got nothing from city hall.  I just think that particular opportunity is bugged.
Is that the opportunity that asks you to deliver the sculptures to the Warehouse?  I've never had a problem with that one.  The criminals, unlike city hall, actually pay their bills - at least in my game.  Actually, the  only opps that seem to pay nothing are the ones asking for masterpiece sculptures.  I've had opps to deliver sculptures to the bistro or to sculpt at the police station, both of which paid well.  Good luck!

I actually got payed by the criminals!  Now that's interesting... I haven't been payed by politicians from city hall and by police officers but criminals did what they were supposed to. Now who should we trust after all, huh? :D

Even though it looks funny I really hope that this can be fixed :/

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 02:55:27 PM »
@niuru_cigarete, what town is this game being played in?

Offline niuri_cigarete

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 03:19:15 PM »
@niuru_cigarete, what town is this game being played in?

It's Sunset Valley 2.0 (the only thing I've changed was adding a spa). Other sculptors in the same town didn't have this problem with the very same opportunities.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 03:25:28 PM »
It's Sunset Valley 2.0 (the only thing I've changed was adding a spa). Other sculptors in the same town didn't have this problem with the very same opportunities.

Really weird. I was wondering if it had been in Bridgeport if there was a connection with opportunities originating from the combo buildings.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 05:15:21 PM »

You have successfully made me freak out for about 20 seconds.
You have sucessfully reminded me that it is time to make and launch 2.1.

Offline niuri_cigarete

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 05:28:24 PM »
You have successfully made me freak out for about 20 seconds.
You have sucessfully reminded me that it is time to make and launch 2.1.

You're welcome (x2) :D

Really weird. I was wondering if it had been in Bridgeport if there was a connection with opportunities originating from the combo buildings.

Well, actually there is one combo building in this town, but I never had to deliver a sculpture there because it's a restaurant and something else, I can't remember what exactly. I had to deliver one to a restaurant resulting with no payment but it was the other one, the default Sunset Valley restaurant (I'm really bad at remembering names :-X )

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 06:03:18 PM »
The one in 2.0 is Restaurant+Business+Journalism. The default restaurants in Sunset Valley are the bistro and hogan's deep fried diner.