Author Topic: Makeovers - Ugly to Pretty! (Townies Only)  (Read 316679 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Makeovers - Ugly to Pretty! (Townies Only)
« Reply #495 on: January 05, 2014, 02:24:33 PM »
I didnt read that, lol  :o

It's not a good idea to post without reading the rules. Please take a moment to review them.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline linmayu

• Townie
  • Founding Member of the Arlo Bunch Fan Club
    • What Happens In Twinbrook Stays In Twinbrook
« Reply #496 on: January 18, 2014, 03:03:20 PM »
Not exactly "ugly to pretty" but here's an attempt to give Goopy GilsCarbo his cowboys-and-plaid outfit back. :D  (He aged up into that awful Generations outfit with the gray shirt and suspenders, just like every other male Young Adult townie I ever see...)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #497 on: January 25, 2014, 06:13:20 PM »
I'm in Sunset Valley for a little project, and decided to do a few makeovers on the side.

First up was Agnes, who I needed to makeover anyways. I've read enough dynasties to know that she's a stunner when she wears quite literally anything else other than her usual getup, so I thought it would be an easy makeover, but I had trouble finding something that would be suited to a warm climate (I imagine that Sunset Valley is eternally at a pleasant 72 degrees) and looked like something Agnes would wear. But I eventually found the right dress, and the right everything else for her wardrobe. I love spice brown.

Next up was Ayesha Ansari, who I love for her unique features. I didn't really feel like doing an entire wardrobe for her, but I gave her a new everyday outfit and some non-base game short hair. Even better was the fact I didn't need to change her makeup; all she wears is some inoffensive eyeliner.

And since Madison VanWatson was with her (Tori and Monica were missing in action), I decided to give her something new too. Her makeup choices weren't great and her original hair color wasn't much better. I like her with light brown hair! I decided to keep her at her original weight, though. Again, felt like doing an everyday outfit and nothing more.

No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #499 on: January 25, 2014, 07:46:00 PM »
I know there's been a lot, but I think that's my favourite Agnes makeover out of all the ones I've seen here. It's pretty, practical, simple, and suits her to a T  :). The other makeovers are gorgeous too; I love the hairstyles you picked. Looking forward to seeing more Sunset Valley makeovers from you!

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #500 on: January 25, 2014, 07:54:18 PM »
I was going to say...Agnes's everyday outfit is simply perfect for her personality. Elegant yet somber.

Offline linmayu

• Townie
  • Founding Member of the Arlo Bunch Fan Club
    • What Happens In Twinbrook Stays In Twinbrook
« Reply #501 on: January 26, 2014, 01:57:52 AM »
I've always thought Ayesha is a gorgeous sim, she looks especially good with your makeover :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #502 on: January 30, 2014, 11:37:39 AM »
Does anyone have a picture of SV's Jack Bunch with longer hair so we can see what colour his hair is? I'm a bit too lazy to go into my game right now and figure it out myself. Many thanks!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Dreamweaver

• Occult
« Reply #503 on: January 31, 2014, 08:37:53 AM »
Does anyone have a picture of SV's Jack Bunch with longer hair so we can see what colour his hair is?

Here you go :) In one of my games, Jack ended up with Susan Wainwright. He cleans up pretty well.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #504 on: February 01, 2014, 11:45:14 AM »
Thanks Dreamweaver!

He does clean up well. Now I see where Ethan gets his funny nose from, and where my little Jack (Ethan's son in my RTJ story) gets his hair colour from.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #505 on: February 01, 2014, 09:43:44 PM »
I'm having way too much fun in Hidden Springs.

Ella Carlisle is such, such a lovely sim. Her original clothing really doesn't do her character justice. I kept her in a skirt, but gave her a more frilly top in a reddish-pink. Now perhaps she can meet the prince of her dreams...?

Francisca Vanderburg strikes me as a low-key sim. Despite her high-brow upbringing (or perhaps because of it) she really doesn't care what others think of her appearance, and would much rather be comfortable than anything. I mean, if you're at your computer writing all day, why not be comfy doing it?

Ahh, Liam O'Dourke, geek extraordinaire. :) I kept his nerdy look, but toned it down to make it less...painful on the eyes.

And finally, Sebastian Vanderburg. I haven't met a YA male sim yet who hasn't benefited from that hairstyle, and it works particularly well on him.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #506 on: February 01, 2014, 10:55:15 PM »
I knew that Francisca was lovely, but she needed something less base-gamey. Good job all-around!

Had a field day attacking Sunset Valley with the fashion ficus today. It breaks up the monotony of staging screenshots for a story.

Since I seem to have a thing for making over dynasty veterans, and because I needed him for a few screenshots, I first targeted Christopher Steel. I've never really played with him, but I saw a makeover of him on another site that gave him a hippie-inspired makeover, which makes enough sense considering his outdoorsy-nature. So I tried it myself. I couldn't bring myself to use too much lime, though. It's a harsh color.

After that, I mostly picked whoever was available and not in their career wear (because the Edit in CAS cheat is stupid and won't allow me to edit sims in their career outfits :P).

Gunther Goth was roaming around the gym, and while I quite like his default look, I also have Midnight Hollow and not using Midnight Hollow content on Gunther when you have MH is truly criminal. :P Even if it's just his top that's MH content.

Of course, I couldn't let Cornelia miss out of the makeover fun either. She mostly needed the hair out of her eyes and some new makeup. I don't know if my idea of a shorter skirt was right, though. I kind of knew that Cornelia was skinny, but I didn't know how much. That long skirt she originally had did a nice job covering up her noodley figure.

Because one makeover in purple isn't enough, Monica Morris got to join in on the fun. I never realized how cute she actually is! Once you give her an entirely new makeup scheme, that is.

Stiles McGraw was a sim I always considered fashionably-challenged, but I didn't do anything to rectify that until today. I didn't have any ideas beyond giving him a cardigan and jeans, but I think he turned out nice anyways. His chin bothers me, for some reason, but the goatee fixes that right up.

Finally, Hank Goddard got a new look, mostly because he's the neighbor of my active household. His original wardrobe did an excellent job of portraying him as a laid-back beach bum, but why not find another way to do it?

I have to say, slowly making the whole town fashionable is a lot of fun, even if everyone and their mother has tackled Sunset Valley before me. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #507 on: February 01, 2014, 11:17:11 PM »
Monika is one of my favorite sims! I love her makeover! Stiles looks amazing, I love the hairstyle you gave him.  :)

Offline dru_rav13

• Nooboo
« Reply #508 on: February 07, 2014, 08:55:29 PM »
Another townie, another makeover, and this time Morgana Wolff comes to my attention.

As always, no plastic surgery, no slider adjustments, no knives and needles for this makeover. Just went for "what your mama gave you and them some".

That purple eye shadow has got to go, those eyebrows need some landscaping and the hair, oh no you didn't. Eyeshadow and lipstick from Into The Future, hair from Cante Captivating Set.

She became a stylist in game, I imagined a Roaring Heights inspired look. Top from Le Cinema Plumbob Venue, skirt from Supernatural, earrings and gloves BaseGame, bracelet from Showtime and shoes from the Date Night Set.

For formal affairs, eyeshadow darken, lipstick a bit more reddish, hair from Skylight Studio Venue, earrings from Showtime, bracelet from Late Night dress from the Romanza Bridal Set.

Morgana is now ready  to become a full pledge stylist, next on her list, Thornton. Now where could he be, hoping he's not with Ms. Jolina...

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #509 on: February 07, 2014, 10:15:56 PM »
Morgana is such a lovely sim. You really did her justice with that makeover--especially her formalwear!