Author Topic: "Old" Members  (Read 86044 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: "Old" Members
« Reply #450 on: October 28, 2013, 04:24:28 AM »
Nice to see you again Kat. I will always remember a fellow Thornton fan.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #451 on: October 28, 2013, 10:47:09 PM »
Ahh yes Thornton. :) haven't seen him in a good while. And thanks Rachel im glad to be back!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #452 on: October 29, 2013, 03:13:46 AM »
Ahh yes Thornton. :) haven't seen him in a good while. And thanks Rachel im glad to be back!

Welcome back Kattiq! :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #453 on: October 30, 2013, 11:35:23 AM »
Welcome back Kattiq! Of course I remember you!  ;D

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #454 on: October 30, 2013, 03:06:36 PM »
Welcome back Kattiq! :D

Thanks Samoht! Good to see some members I know :)

Welcome back Kattiq! Of course I remember you!  ;D
Yay Esther! :) I read a bit awhile back that you weren't going to be around much. Glad to see you haven't gone permanently.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #455 on: October 31, 2013, 09:40:35 PM »
Yay Esther! :) I read a bit awhile back that you weren't going to be around much. Glad to see you haven't gone permanently.
Me gone permanently?? Never!!  ;D

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #456 on: November 01, 2013, 03:44:18 PM »
Me gone permanently?? Never!!  ;D
Haha seems to be the way with me too!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
What happened to them?
« Reply #457 on: November 23, 2013, 08:42:56 PM »
For moderator: Feel free to move this thread to a right place.

I wanted to ask this, but I guess that I need to create this question or I will be haunted with this ;D

Well, before I register. I happen to see users who always active in this forum, I saw their comments from reading people stories. But, when I see them now, their name still there but listed as a Guest. I believe there are so many people who become Guest too.

I will provide with screenshots to make it clear.

I want to ask, what happened to them?
It's related to rules related? Did they chose to deactivated their account?
Will my account be like that if I'm not active in this forum for awhile?

Thank you!
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #458 on: November 23, 2013, 08:54:01 PM »
First, I merged this with a larger thread we have on the same topic.

As the person once behind TheTripWasInfraGreen, I can say that deleting my account was a rash decision made for extremely frivolous reasons that I quickly regretted. I don't know the full situations behind the other two. Anyways, account deletion is usually something that is done by the user for whatever reasons they have, as opposed to something a moderator does.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
« Reply #459 on: November 23, 2013, 09:00:18 PM »
Wow, I don't know that it was you. Well, glad to see you back with a new account. I happen to see your comments a lot at Samura's Dojo and other stories. Oh, thank you for explanation Trip and place this on the right track. At least that I'm glad to know that not because being inactive for awhile ;D
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #460 on: November 23, 2013, 09:03:54 PM »
Well, you inspired me to put the line back in my signature explaining the connection, so thanks! Deleting accounts for inactivity would be rather cruel; what if someone wanted to return?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #461 on: November 23, 2013, 10:08:21 PM »
Carl does occasionally delete inactive accounts, but as far as I'm aware they're usually members with few posts or who almost never log in.

As for SimBlip, to my knowledge she had broken several challenge tournament rules so the team and her decided to part ways.

Of course, the circumstances for a member's account being deleted is their business -- whatever their reasons, they are exactly that, their reasons. :)

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
« Reply #462 on: November 23, 2013, 10:21:56 PM »
Umm, you're welcome? I don't do anything anyway, Trip ;D

Actually that was my experience as a silent reader this time. Not only that I enjoy their stories that they provides but also I love seeing how people respond to their stories. And you never know that there is someone who cares out there without your awareness :)

So, that’s why the reason I actually join this forum I want to see more of their stories and I only can do my part to encourage them who fairly new and want to create their own story, even what I did just a little part, but for an author getting one comment actually something else, it’s like a proof that someone really reading instead just being silent reader alone. I know that people has no time on commenting because each of us busy with our personal life, so we can only take a look for awhile just like that.

I have seen stories that no one ever commenting and it looks so sad, making stories not easy either. But, that can’t be helped because you know that people have different taste for the story and people tend to looking for Author who already popular and have wonderful story and writing. Even a small thing can means a lot for someone else.

I actually makes story too to give encouragement for them, indirectly.  Whatever happens, even no one ever commenting on my story as long I enjoy making them, why should I stop? I will post each chapter until I completed my story. To be honest, I am not a writer ::)
But, I blessed there are so many kind people who left comment this far. I ever said this in How to fail your Immortal Dynasty and I should give them a proof too, because we know that talk is cheap, right ;) ?

Sorry for being out of topic, but I need to say this :P

Carl does occasionally delete inactive accounts, but as far as I'm aware they're usually members with few posts or who almost never log in.
As for SimBlip, to my knowledge she had broken several challenge tournament rules so the team and her decided to part ways.
Of course, the circumstances for a member's account being deleted is their business -- whatever their reasons, they are exactly that, their reasons. :)

Yep! Actually I just want to ask about being inactive will lead into deletion. Because there will be a time for me can't active in this forum for awhile, so that kinda worried me and the other thing that I want to know also about those people. I happen to see their stories/comments somewhere and just curious what happened to them. And you’re right, that is their business even that kinda feel sad to hear that, I guess that I’m being melodramatic here :P

Thank you for your response, Seabody.

My story:

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #463 on: November 23, 2013, 11:07:08 PM »
I was wondering about Chuckles_82. Do anyone know about what happened to her?

I was inactive in this forum for almost 5 months, so I don't know. I recently just got back and find someone that I know is missing. I know that I’m not really that close, but she was a nice person, I loved her topic thread that talk about Sims Randomness and when I just see this “Old Member” thread, knowing being a Guest is because deleted their own account makes me sad. I know that this is not my business, I just can’t help but wondering.

So, if someone deleted their account they will never gained their access again to their inactive account? As I look from Trip, she didn't use her old account, she using a new account instead .
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #464 on: November 23, 2013, 11:18:04 PM »
Yes, once an account is deleted it is irrecoverable. And Luna, if you're gone for a few months, you won't need to worry about your account; you have 257 posts. That hardly qualifies you as a low-posting inactive user. :)