Poll

There are a lot of odd and unique ways to make money in the Sims 3. What way has worked well for your Sims?

Hacking - Nightly forays into the internet underworld plundering other Sims' cash
58 (26.1%)
Kleptomania - "Nice lamp, I think I'll take it!"
90 (40.5%)
Gold Digger - Get enough to live on, cuz once you snag a sucker you're set for life.
32 (14.4%)
Mooching - "Can I have 200 Simoleons, Sim I just met?"
7 (3.2%)
Solving the Unsolvable - Surviving on mental power alone
10 (4.5%)
Finding Stars - Mapping the Galaxy for Fun and Profit
25 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 162

Author Topic: Favorite Offbeat Way to Make Money in The Sims 3  (Read 65959 times)

Tiana

Re: Favorite Offbeat Way to Make Money in The Sims 3
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2010, 11:26:56 PM »
Best (and most boring way) I've found to make lots of money in next to no time. (I think I had over 400k in less than a week?) .. Board Breaking. Level to 5 in Sim Fu. Break boards (starting on lowest, until you can break 5, then going up, until you can break 5 on the next setting...) then break 150 oak boards (no point in hitting harder things yet) .. move on to thin stone until you can smash 5 at once... and then.. break space rocks.

Easiest way to get soul pieces, pink diamonds, and any other gem. When one is totally surrounded by gems, send your sim to pick them up. Then smash more spacerocks. And it can be combined with tasks like.. gardening. Water and harvest your plants in the morning... smash space rocks in your free time.

It's so easy it feels like cheating. x.x

Sportsfan

« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2011, 07:02:13 PM »
My two favorite ways: (both need ambitions) "take for evidence" using a Private Investigator and buying a time machine from the consignment shop and using it to travel in time and seek the stuff you get. Oh, and also buying lots of stuff from the supermarket and then selling it to the consignment store to make more money. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

O_O_Kay

« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2011, 04:58:11 PM »
My most favorite obscure way I made money with a sim was with kleptomania. I once made a sim to play out the lifetime wish: Possession is Nine Tenths of the Law. I was finding it challenging to find decent loot around town, so I came up with an idea. My sim became an architect by day and a thief by night. I would start out designing what the client ordered, then with whatever money was left I would buy 2-3 items to set outside on their drive-way. It may have been considered cheating to get the wish done faster, but I had fun with it.  :)

Sportsfan

« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2011, 05:01:59 PM »
That's funny! Too bad theres never enough money left in the budget to "buy" them a car!

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2011, 07:34:48 PM »
kleptomania goes best with gost hunting, you go to places at night, and nearly always empty, so suite yourself when working at thornton,landgrab,altos and the others
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Sportsfan

« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2011, 07:40:54 PM »
What about making money by rummaging through garbage cans?

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2011, 07:12:04 AM »
I had my first taste of kleptomania last night, with my new kleptomaniac teen. It was so fun! She stole from the Landgraabs, and then got caught by the police cos she was out past her curfew! I never knew how fun having a klepto sim was! ;D She stole a light even though I clicked next to the car, though. >_>

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2011, 09:30:15 AM »
Ha ha! welcome to the darkside fez, hope you enjoy your stay here, you'll get more klepto experiance as you steal more Items, for cars click on the small space where you get no other interaction then swipe somthing (between the ground and the car) it is tricky, but works 9/10 times ;)
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Sportsfan

« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2011, 11:24:41 AM »
And the other time you get a cheap light.

Offline Morbid

• Townie
  • Aäkon Kėėtrėh
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2011, 04:31:52 PM »
You should add the playing-for-tips method. "Harvesting riches through aural fables and rhapsodies of beauty and melancholy, as the bards of old".

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2011, 06:08:23 PM »
You should add the playing-for-tips method. "Harvesting riches through aural fables and rhapsodies of beauty and melancholy, as the bards of old".

I agree, this is the one I use the most actually. Especially playing for tips at the subway. ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Sportsfan

« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2011, 06:18:51 PM »
I agree, this is the one I use the most actually. Especially playing for tips at the subway. ;D
If you ask Metro, this isn't an off beat method at all.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2011, 06:23:31 PM »
If you ask Metro, this isn't an off beat method at all.

Uhm... It is actually, in my book. Any method that is not a career is offbeat to me.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Sportsfan

« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2011, 06:58:44 PM »
I was just saying that because I know that that is Metro's favorite way to make money.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2011, 05:15:36 AM »
I was just saying that because I know that that is Metro's favorite way to make money.

Ah, I see. No worries then. Lol. :)