Author Topic: Anyone else have a "mugging" problem?  (Read 14169 times)

bshag

Anyone else have a "mugging" problem?
« on: March 28, 2011, 11:14:19 AM »
When I first was able to place smithy and make my blacksmith, I couldn't wait to play him.  Then I had him go to the piles of stones to mine for materials and the first thing he did was to get mugged. :o  That was bad enough but everywhere he went he got mugged.  He was nearly broke before I could get him back to his place...that and almost dead.  I ended up restarting the game without saving cause he was having severe quest issues, couldn't keep his buff out of the red, etc. :P 

Anyone else have this problem and is there any way to kill these bandits? 

Offline HtFde

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Anyone else have a "mugging" problem?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 11:44:04 AM »
Um - have you ever taken a look at your kingdom stats? I bet security is in the deep red. Do a few quests that have a shield as reward (and build barracks) and bandits are a thing of the past.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 12:43:42 PM »
As HtFde said, it's probably due to low security in your kingdom aspects.  For my first ambition I have been trying to select buildings and quests that will enhance whichever aspect(s) is lowest at the time and this has helped me to avoid a lot of those problems.  I'm sure there will be ambitions and watcher challenges where this strategy won't work, but it's good for a start.

When selecting a new quest I noticed that some had a yellow icon with an exclamation point that warned about paltry aspects.  I assume this is to help direct you to which quests might help improve gaps in your kingdom.

Good luck with your unruly muggers.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 12:55:18 PM »
When selecting a new quest I noticed that some had a yellow icon with an exclamation point that warned about paltry aspects.  I assume this is to help direct you to which quests might help improve gaps in your kingdom.

As far as I know, this means that something within your kingdom is going to change in a way that all future gameplay is also changed.  Like take for instance the one to assassinate your king, you either lose one of the heroes or you lose your king/queen.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline HtFde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 04:31:15 PM »

Er, not so :)

The yellow ! tells you that you'll receive points in excess of your aspect capacity!

Each building you build raises the potential in an aspect. Like, when you build barracks you increase potential for security, a tavern will increase potential for art and culture, the clinic will increase potential for wellbeing and so on. If you take a quest with a yellow ! it means you'll receive more points in an aspect than your city can, er, handle. So it's wise to first do another quest, then build a building that will raise your aspect capacity and THEN do the formerly ! marked quest.

Offline HtFde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 04:33:14 PM »
As far as I know, this means that something within your kingdom is going to change in a way that all future gameplay is also changed.  Like take for instance the one to assassinate your king, you either lose one of the heroes or you lose your king/queen.

No, the yellow ! next to a quest simply tells you that you're going to receive more points in one (or more) aspects than your current city can handle - in other words: You're wasting aspect points if you do this quest. See also my comment above.

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 04:41:55 PM »
I think the ! for excess points is in a red circle (as well as being on a different "page" in your quest book).  The one for the actual quest means that something in your kingdom can drastically change.  Obviously, as mentioned earlier, a hero could die.  Not sure what happens for the missing child quest, though.  Can you actually fail to find him?  I've done that one three times now, choosing different options, and so far he has always shown up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 04:43:08 PM »
I think depending on how you try to find him (which hero), your popularity can change and that's about it.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 05:18:21 PM »
Muggers have just started turning up in my game.  In the first game, I never saw a mugger.  That was the game in which I inadvertently achieved the Dead Sim Walking award for very low happiness level, so maybe the muggers were just to depressed to do their thing.   ;)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 05:21:26 PM »
Schipperke  - do you have a knight or spy?  do you have low security on your list?  I'm curious as I've never been mugged other than that first quest you do with your king.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 05:43:36 PM »
Schipperke  - do you have a knight or spy?  do you have low security on your list?  I'm curious as I've never been mugged other than that first quest you do with your king.

This game has the aspects pretty much balanced.  If anything, security is a little higher than the rest.  There is a knight but no spy yet.  Do you think having the knight and the spy keeps muggings from happening?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 05:45:08 PM »
Do you have a blacksmith?  Are the walls up around your kingdom with the little houses?

And what I mean is when you click the arrow under your name in kingdom mode is the security red, yellow or green?

Offline HtFde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 05:46:31 PM »
This game has the aspects pretty much balanced.  If anything, security is a little higher than the rest.  There is a knight but no spy yet.  Do you think having the knight and the spy keeps muggings from happening?

Not as such - certain buildings will allow you to have more points in an aspect - but they only increase potential, not the aspect itself. So you either have to do quests that will raise security or ... do something else entirely and provide a lot of training partners for a cruel knight or spy. :)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 05:54:55 PM »
Do you have a blacksmith?  Are the walls up around your kingdom with the little houses?

And what I mean is when you click the arrow under your name in kingdom mode is the security red, yellow or green?

Green, definitely green.  Yes to the blacksmith, that's always one of the first ones I place.  I'm not sure about the walls - I'll have to go back into the game and see.  Now, doesn't that sound like a good excuse for playing some more?   ;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 06:20:03 PM »
I've never been mugged but my security in the kingdom has always been a bit on the high side.  I tend to have all the buildings placed early (except for the imperial domination one I just did).  I may not actually put a spy in but I have the building in place.  Just putting the barracks down seems to keep guards everywhere or maybe that's for doing a quest and I'm just not realizing it.