Author Topic: Gangs of Aarbyville  (Read 9867 times)

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
Gangs of Aarbyville
« on: March 30, 2011, 06:01:09 AM »
When I first allied with Aarbyville this quest came up, but I didn't have what I needed to play it.  Now I have placed everything and it isn't coming up now at all - I've played several quests since I had the necessary items and it isn't in the list at all.  I'm guessing that without it I won't be allowed any more than the first 6 territories because I haven't fully completed those.  I'm running out of time in this Ambition.  Any ideas?

Offline HtFde

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Gangs of Aarbyville
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 06:37:34 AM »
Have you tried besting Lady Luck (aka Random Generator) by invoking the divine RerollQuests command in the cheat console window? If all else fails it might be time for desperate measures .... :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 10:15:31 AM »
Thanks, but I really don't want to use any cheats at all at least this first time around.  If I'm going to cheat my way to it, I can't say that I really earned whatever grade I get on the ambition as a whole.  Of course if it proves to be a bug that's another issue I guess, but I'd rather see if there is something I'm missing that perhaps will allow it to come back up if possible.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 10:27:31 AM »
Did you start the quest and not finish it or did it disappear?  I've never had the annexing quests disappear from my log no matter how long it took me to get to them.   Have you tried looking at your territory map to see that they're still allies?  Meaning you may have to buy them back since you took so long.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 11:09:15 AM »
No, I never started the quest.  I think though that it only appeared once, and I didn't have what I needed to do it so I selected another quest, making sure I placed whatever I needed after that one.  When I went back to the list after playing only one other quest first, it just wasn't there anymore.  Yes, I've checked the territory map and it still shows them as allied.  I wonder if there is a way to 'un-ally' with them so I can ally with them again and get it to show up.  I'll have to look around at the options as far as that goes.  Maybe it's a bug.   :(

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 11:28:29 AM »
It might be.  Generally those quests hang on until they've been completed.  Have you tried getting out of the game, maybe restarting your computer and seeing if it's there?   For some reason, my knight and spy like to lose the ability to do their profession interactions and it always takes a restart to get them back.  It's the weirdest thing ever and it wouldn't hurt to try right?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline HtFde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 12:38:47 PM »
Thanks, but I really don't want to use any cheats at all at least this first time around.  If I'm going to cheat my way to it, I can't say that I really earned whatever grade I get on the ambition as a whole.  Of course if it proves to be a bug that's another issue I guess, but I'd rather see if there is something I'm missing that perhaps will allow it to come back up if possible.

We-hell (coughs), in my book there's cheats and CHEATS. If you're down to a limited number of quest points and the random number generated quest list does not show a topic you had before, rerollquests merely gives you a new list. A cheat in my book is if you gain advantage injustly (like motherlode or kaching which gives you money) - just being offered a different list of quests does not count (for me) as such.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 01:14:35 PM »
It's the weirdest thing ever and it wouldn't hurt to try right?
No, it certainly wouldn't hurt, and I haven't shut it down and restarted since I encountered this issue so I'll try that.  Thanks!  

HtFde, I hear you - I might just be pushed into it if it doesn't work to shut down and restart.   ;)

ETA:  Well, I shut down and restarted and even rerolled the quests - nada.  I think my ambition is definitely going to tank.   :(

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 06:24:02 PM »
I'm wondering if anybody else is having this problem with the New Gangs of Aarbyville Quest.  I'm doing the Assassinate approach to the quest, with the Monarch and the Spy.  After the Rat King and Queen of Hearts have been executed, either the King or the Spy has to duel the Pirate Queen.  I choose the King because he's level 10 and the spy is just level 1.  The King won the duel easily.  In fact, he won 4 duels.  The game just doesn't seem to recognize that he's won the duel, because that step never goes away.  I tried exiting without saving and re-doing it, to no avail.  I know sometimes it takes a little while before the final step registers, but this is not a little while.  Is there any way around this other than to sacrifice the quest points and give up?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 07:32:37 PM »
I can say that I did finally get to play this one in my next ambition, and it did complete properly, but I didn't choose this approach so that may be a whole different issue. 

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 08:47:05 PM »
I can say that I did finally get to play this one in my next ambition, and it did complete properly, but I didn't choose this approach so that may be a whole different issue. 

Yes, I completed the quest in my last ambition using the approach of having the bard, I think it was, marry the pirate.  No problem with that one.  But I seem to be totally stuck this time. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Krow

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 06:04:31 AM »
I've been stuck in the same quest. Both pirates are dead, but in challenging the Pirate queen to a duel -nada-
I've run it both ways, the queen challenges (& wins) the duel, and the spy challenges (& wins) the duel. Nothing will clear the step though.
I'm hoping that it is something that I've overlooked, but its starting to look like a glitch.
Any other insights?

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 07:27:58 AM »
I've done Arbyville OK, but on a different route so I can't offer specific help.

This sounds like you need to get testingcheatsenabled and use the Cheat Codes in Carl's Guide to just move on ...
Control-clicking a Quest objective (the one next to the meter) will automatically advance the quest. This can be a good workaround if you are stuck due to an in-game bug. Reports of this happening are not very widespread, but if it happened this could get someone out of a jam!

No, it's not cheating!  It's escaping from a sub-routine that may not have been programmed to finish properly!  We encountered a similar problem with the Squirrels of Burdley ... the first 2 Heroes both completed the task, but nothing moved on.  Eventually the 3rd Hero did it a different way, and it finished OK.  It cost a few QPs in the process, which is why I now play with testingcheatsenabled on ... and I don't use motherlode, before you ask!  ;D

Offline Kai Heilos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 07:35:50 AM »
I think the problem with playing with that cheat enabled is every time you get stuck, whether it is a bug or not, you will be tempted to skip ahead instead of learning how to go forward legitly.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 07:53:43 AM »
I think the problem with playing with that cheat enabled is every time you get stuck, whether it is a bug or not, you will be tempted to skip ahead instead of learning how to go forward legitly.
That's a fair point, but we're very strict with ourselves about solving 'challenges'  ;)

I think we have an honest idea about what's a 'bug' and what's caused by us failing to identify the way ahead. We have 2 adult brains playing the game together  ;D
"Your mileage may vary", of course!!