Author Topic: What are your favorite traits to play with on the sims 3?  (Read 35140 times)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
Re: What are your favorite traits to play with on the sims 3?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 12:55:26 AM »
When does the relationship with the car happen?

The trolling aspect just fascinates me for some reason. I love to buy my evil grumpy mean-spirited and inappropriate sims a laptop simply for the trolling sake. Sadly, The Sims 3 official forum, as well as my cousin's boyfriend, who has been an avid Simmer take my love for sim-trolling too literally, and threatened to report me. They understood, when I explained the moodlets and amusement of the responses on the upper right hand corner.

Trolling is just funny. I die of laughter at the responses I get in the upper right hand corner.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 02:46:35 AM »
They don't even have to be a vehicle enthusiast to develop a relationship with a vehicle.  They just have to use it regularly.  Vehicle Enthusiasts will develop that relationship faster.

This is one trait that had potential, that they just did absolutely nothing with.  It's like they just abandoned the whole idea after coming up with the name.  Vehicle enthusiasts should be able to wax their car to give it back that "new car smell" moodlet, and if their relationship gets high enough, they should be able to give their car a name.  Possibly even tinker with it to increase it's speed.

But instead, it's pretty much a wasted trait slot.

Sims can give their car a name. Eskarina Smith named her scooter Clive. She did this by herself too I was quite surprised when she got the wish to hang out with Clive with a picture of a scooter popped up.She had the insane and vehicle enthusiast traits if that makes a difference.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 02:48:40 AM »
I've never played with a vehicle enthusiast or a sim that's never nude.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 04:04:14 AM »
Sims can give their car a name. Eskarina Smith named her scooter Clive. She did this by herself too I was quite surprised when she got the wish to hang out with Clive with a picture of a scooter popped up.She had the insane and vehicle enthusiast traits if that makes a difference.

Rachel

I'd say that's insane coming through. Not all their wishes make sense. Take Clive for a spin and that might fulfil the wish.

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 04:38:43 AM »
I've never played with a vehicle enthusiast or a sim that's never nude.

Yes, these two traits are literally pointless in my opinion. There's no real purpose to them.
Hi!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 04:50:03 AM »
I don't know why Carl and Pam are so against the snob trait.

Where did you get this idea?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 02:54:00 PM »
I got it from your Sims 3 trait guide. "I will never ever curse a Sim with this trait."

If only I knew how to post a link.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 04:31:32 PM »
I absolutely agree Hofsac about the vehicle enthusiast trait.  They should be able to show affection for their cars with a tune-up, too, that would be cute.  My sim named his car, a Big Lemon, Big Plum instead because it was the purple recolor.   :)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »
I think my all time favorite trait is kleptomaniac.  I gave it to my dynasty founder and sent him to the Alto's house every night until Nick left his Margarete Vaguester in the driveway.  I'm on my 3rd generation and my family still has that car.  :)

I haven't played a neurotic sim, but I suspect I'll like that trait a lot, too - I have years of experience in real life!

Rounding out my top picks are handy (guarantees you won't die while fixing appliances), natural cook (trade kitchen secrets), and unlucky (Grim won't take you if you die by anything other than old age).

My least favorite trait is mean spirited for no other reason than I just don't like mean people and have no desire to play one.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 05:42:41 PM »
Mean people are only useful when they have a lap top.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 05:50:07 PM »
I got it from your Sims 3 trait guide. "I will never ever curse a Sim with this trait."

If only I knew how to post a link.

Please be careful about quoting something to me.  If that's part of the traits guide, then Carl wrote it.  Did you actually see my name anywhere around it? 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 05:54:16 PM »
Oops, I apologize.  :'(

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 06:18:48 PM »
For me, the mean-spirited trait is one of the least useful not because it's bad or unpleasant but because it's not expressed very well.  I've had several mean-spirited sims where the trait got shoved into the background and I forgot they even had it.  Other than the outbursts of random anger which affect neither the sim nor those around them, you can't even tell a mean-spirited sim from who isn't.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 06:26:32 PM »
I never noticed that. However, I find it odd that a mean-spirited Sim can be good or family oriented. I thought that the mean spirited trait clashed with the family oriented trait until I played with the Alto Family, as Nick is both mean and family oriented. The same thing with loner and friendly. I thought loner and friendly clashed, until Claire Ursine's daughter was born.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 02:55:02 AM »
I could see a family oriented person who's mean-spirited.  Just because someone's mean doesn't necessarily imply that they don't like raising or having children around.  Actually, that would give them more people to be mean to.  :P

However, I do find the friendly and loner traits to be a bit at-odds with each other.  I keep trying to piece together a way to justify it, but as soon as I start to get it all arranged in my head, it evaporates.  I can see a loner making a few friends and knowing how to keep them, but if they were friendly, would they really be a loner?  It's kind of a paradox.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.