Author Topic: Lost... My Precious Axe  (Read 36886 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Lost... My Precious Axe
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2010, 07:49:19 AM »
I thought that method of getting a new axe was discussed earlier in this topic, and that it was decided that it won't work for smashing boulders if you get a new axe this way.  Please double check and see if your new axe does the exact things that the original axe will do.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Abyshep

• Townie
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2010, 11:24:47 AM »
Sorry if I doubled up on a post or reply. I thought that the other methods described were using the cheats but this is not using those just being a bit creative in zoning etc.

Yes my axe works very nicely and it's not disappeared and has smashed several boulders since I’ve got it.

In fact I've been home from France made more nectar and returned and smashed more boulders.

As far as I can see it works as well as the one I got in China (with a different Sim)

It might be different for people who have lost the axe as my Sim never had one and simply got it in France to use there.  I have had a Sim who previously had the axe and has lost it (like so many others it seems). I’ll do some tests with him when I get home from work tonight and let you know.

Cheers

AbyShep

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2010, 04:46:55 PM »
Thanks AbyShep.  I'm glad to know that your method works to smash the boulders.  And thanks for clarifying.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Abyshep

• Townie
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2010, 07:34:15 AM »
Update:

I tried the above method with my Sim who lost her axe and it didn't work. Every time I put the thing on the wall it disappeared.

Sorry, I guess that means you are back to square one on this.

Result of my testing is that using Testingcheats or my workaround is fine if you've not had Pangu's axe but won’t work if you have had it.

Cheers

Aby

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2010, 10:52:26 AM »
Abyshep, did you put the axe in a tomb? Apparently, that can make it 'stick around' even in live mode.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Abyshep

• Townie
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2010, 11:11:20 AM »
Abyshep, did you put the axe in a tomb? Apparently, that can make it 'stick around' even in live mode.

No, I tried at home and in France but wanted to get on with my career challenge! Getting hooked on those challenges ;D

I'll have another play over the weekend and report back later.

AS

Edited to say: I remember now that I changed the zoning of the Old Nectary to Tomb/Landmark but it still wasn't there. I'll give it a try in the tomb where the axe should be. AS

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2010, 11:44:10 AM »
Edited to say: I remember now that I changed the zoning of the Old Nectary to Tomb/Landmark but it still wasn't there. I'll give it a try in the tomb where the axe should be. AS
Just for the record: If I have understood everything correctly, this 'trick' has more to do with having those tomb-mark objects (hovering invisible, shiny metal orbs) in the room than having the lot-zoning to tomb.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

mtgradwell

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2010, 12:52:36 PM »
I could be totally wrong, but my guess is that when people report that the axe is disappearing when placed upon a wall, what's happening is that the axe is still there, it's just invisible. In that case, buying another axe wouldn't work if you're only allowed one axe per family.

I find that paintings sometimes become invisible. This usually happens when they are placed in an unusual location, such as on the outside of a building instead of in a room, or in a stairwell right next to the stairs. When you hang the axe on a wall then logically it's just another wall hanging, just like the paintings, so the same rules should apply.

If I'm right then the solution is to have the walls up instead of cutaway. This should make the axe visible. Then keep it in your inventory, or hang it in a more conventional location where it is sure to be visible at all times.

Vigil80

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2010, 04:03:05 AM »
I'm not so sure. I seem to recall losing my axe, but I never had it anywhere besides my main sim's inventory.

Kind of hard to believe this is still a problem. I'm a Sims fan, no doubt about it. But maybe it's time to take a break from expansion making and put out a nice big patch.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2010, 11:28:33 PM »
I just kicked a household member out, and right after that noticed Pangu's Axe in the family inventory. I put it back in the chest where it was before, and am hoping it will still be there after I save the game. The weird thing is, the person who left the household had never interacted with the axe before.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline embo0419

• Nooboo
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2014, 08:36:59 PM »
in case someone ever has this issue ever again lol, i randomly hung up another axe on another wall, close to where the axe is suppose to be with the "testingCheatsenabled on" and then "buydebug on" cheat.. and then went to live mode and it was there. Both showed up actually.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2014, 10:37:50 PM »
in case someone ever has this issue ever again lol, i randomly hung up another axe on another wall, close to where the axe is suppose to be with the "testingCheatsenabled on" and then "buydebug on" cheat.. and then went to live mode and it was there. Both showed up actually.

Welcome to our Forum.

Even though the axe showed up, were you able to take it and use it like the original?  Does it still have the powers?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline aisile

• Nooboo
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2017, 06:41:42 AM »
I see that this is an old thread, so perhaps nobody is interested in another solution. Also, seeing as Sims4 exists these days, I don't know if anyone's still playing good ol' S3. At least I am. ;)

I did however stumble into this thread when cursing my lost axe, and tried all the solutions mentioned above. It seems to me that the buydebug cheat does not work to retrieve the axe for a Sim who has already owned the axe. I haven't tried with another family member, but I'm guessing this goes for the entire household.
I didn't want to start right-clicking and 'deleting' the boulders by hand, it just felt wrong, so I really badly wanted to have the axe (or any axe really) returned to me instead, for the full boulder-smashing experience.
Oh, and I should say that the problem for me arose when I moved out the parents in the family to a new home. Neither of them had retrieved the axe (their daughter did) and neither had ever used or touched the Axe. It just seems to be some bug related to splitting up the household.

Anywho.. I went on searching the almighty net and found this item posted on the Sims 3 community:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2269338#

It is a storage lot, with a treasure chest inside holding a brand new Pangu's Axe. I tried it with my Sim who has previously owned an axe, and it worked just fine! Smashing too. I first tried installing the lot in my home town, and then went on to install one of these lots in China too. I probably will install one in Egypt and France too if it ever goes missing again (which it probably will, seeing as it's not the last time I will split up my household).
Also, I guess this solution goes under the 'no cheat' solution, at least I would reckon it to be cheat-free since you don't have to use neither testingcheatsenabled nor buydebug. It's smashing, come to think of it.  ;D

anything