Author Topic: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty - COMPLETED! (The final chapter)  (Read 255142 times)

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 20: Happiness)
« Reply #225 on: May 30, 2011, 09:23:29 PM »
Aww, yay for the happy honeymooners, and *confetti* for Cyllene, just because you can't live forever, doesn't mean you shouldn't have anything, and love is always super.

I'm surprised how much I like the Aqua/spiceberry redocoration, it actually looks great!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #226 on: May 31, 2011, 12:13:32 AM »
The wedding photograph on the wall is amazing. I've never been able to get the knack of the photography in game. Congrats to everyone

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #227 on: May 31, 2011, 01:06:15 AM »
Congratulations on the pregnancy and Cyllene! You remembered to snap a photo of the wedding? Bravo! I could never. Awesome update, Alex!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #228 on: May 31, 2011, 02:13:11 AM »
Congrats to Cyllene and her relationship!
Yay for impending nooboo!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #229 on: May 31, 2011, 03:27:57 AM »
Thank you everybody.
Yes, I decided I wanted Europa's adult picture to be in her wedding dress - so what better place to take it then at her wedding?
This is my first go at photography, and I'm finding it easier than I thought. Though I need to work on getting the photo collections because I'm not very good at it.

I was also surprised at how the aqua and spice berry went together.

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #230 on: May 31, 2011, 03:45:10 AM »
That wedding photo is absolutely amazing! I'm getting more and more into in-game photography myself and you can really create beautiful pictures for in your home. It's easily forgotten though, especially during such great moments, but you managed to capture Europa and James so beautifully!

Congratulations to the expecting parents, and of course to Cyllene and her new flame!

It's nice to see them all so happy, being able to be so happy, despite the weight resting on their shoulders.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
The next few days went by fast – mainly with Cyllene and James’ bottoms on fire. That wasn’t uncommon though.

I was in the lounge room, when I noticed how big I really was. I realised that this baby was going to come soon. I wondered how they would be; how they would change the family. I also realised that by the size of my stomach, I was going to be having one big baby!

As soon as the thought passed through my mind, I was hit with a sudden pain – the baby was coming!

Although those moments were the most painful of my life, it was all worth it for the smile of the little girl I was holding.
She would be Leda, the third Moon of Jupiter.

I put my surprisingly small bundle of joy into her crib. She was beautiful.
I was about to call James and tell him the news when the pain crippled me yet again.

It took me a few seconds to realise what was happening: I was having another baby! No wonder my tummy had been so large.

I held my second baby. Arche, another moon of Jupiter.

Dad painted their room to match their favourite colours – purple for Leda and Lime for Arche.

I couldn’t believe how lucky I was. To have one child was a blessing. To have two was just beyond amazing. Although they were only a few minutes old, they had changed my life so much; these two perfect angels were my life.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Phyre

• Occult
Welcome Arche and Leda! Boy-Girl Twins; such a nice mix!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
WOW! You got a handful! ;D Welcome to the world, Leda and Arche! :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
Congrats on boy-girl twins. Welcome little ones! Yay! :)

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
Yay, double the nooboos, double the cuteness!

*Confetti*

That is one bright and colorful nursery!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #236 on: May 31, 2011, 11:09:09 PM »
Over their infant stage, the twins got a lot of attention from everyone. Dad just couldn’t let his little grandchildren go – I swear he loved them almost as much as I did.

Soon it was time for my angels to become toddlers. Leda had her Daddy’s eyes, while Arche had mine. As expected, I thought they were both absolutely adorable.

Everyone in the house helped to teach the toddlers their skills, and they were both fully trained in no time.

Life was travelling as smoothly as possible with two toddlers running around the place; we were all still in that happy place. Nothing could have braced any of us for what happened next.

I was doing the laundry when I heard a cry. A cry from Leda.
It wasn’t just any cry, like a toddler would normally give, but a cry that actually meant something. Something had happened.

I ran to the lounge room in panic, wondering what could have happened to my baby. I was shocked to see what caused her scream.

It was Dad. It was Dad, leaving us.

I had no idea what to do. Did I cover Leda’s eyes so that she didn’t see this? Did I try and keep Mum away to avoid the hurt? What could I do?

I decided that I needed to call Mum. It would be important to her to say one last goodbye.
I called her name as calmly as I could. It didn’t come out as calmly as I’d hoped.
I heard a glass drop, and running down the hall.

Mum stood in the doorway, shocked, as Dad shook the hand of Death.

“No!” she cried, “Thornton, no!”
Dad turned and faced Mum. “I love you Callisto. I’ll always be in your heart”.
He drew her into his cold aura and kissed her on the forehead. Just as his lips parted, he disappeared into thin air.

Mum couldn’t hold back the tears. She cried unlike anything I’d ever seen. It was horrible. The worst moment of my life.

It was then that I realised the being immortal didn’t mean never dying.
We’d watch everyone we loved die, and have to deal with it over and over again.
No, immortality didn’t mean never dying.
It meant dying over and over again. Dying over and over again, with no end to the pain.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
That's a very sad, though not unrealistic, perspective to take on immortality.

The twins make very cute toddlers though, and look very similar, even though they're different genders.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Actually, the only difference between the twins are the eyes. Leda's are bigger, as Alex noted.
RIP Thornton, you'll be greatly missed. :'(
Even though, the update was still awesome.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Yes, I noticed that their noses are quite similar. At this point, it's too early to see if their lips are Steel lips or not. I hope not haha.
Also, I was listening to a song that said "Oh, how wrong we were to think that immortality meant never dying" when I was writing that update, and I though it was perfect for this update.

I am very frustrated at the moment - my sims went to Egypt, and took forever to get to level 3 visa. I finally got it, and spent a whole day building the house. I saved it there, but had only made an earlier save quite a bit beforehand. Then they all went invisible and I couldn't get back home.
I tried everything, but in the end I had to go back to an earlier save. So I have to redo all the adventures in Egypt and rebuild the house.

anything