Author Topic: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty - COMPLETED! (The final chapter)  (Read 257508 times)

Offline IflanaNifi

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 15: Unanswered)
« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2011, 03:37:32 AM »
Great story so far! I love the detail you put into the effect Agnes' death had on her. Sad :( Bye Agnes!

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2011, 04:07:41 AM »
Such a touching update!

I feel so sad for Callisto, she already has so much weight on her shoulders. I hope Thornton and her girls will be able to help her through this.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2011, 05:18:09 AM »
Wow, what an awesome couple of updates!!  Beautiful story telling - beautiful use of dramatic suspense!  I can't wait to see how Callisto makes sense of all of this.   Grim was kind of spooky, though.   :D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2011, 08:38:30 AM »
Aww, so sad for Calli. :'( Babe, you're the Copernicus. :D
RIP Aggie, we'll miss you. Awesome update, love the screenshots!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2011, 11:03:57 AM »
Great screenshots! I loved the one of Grim. It is so dramatic

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #185 on: May 26, 2011, 06:27:28 PM »
Thank you everyone.
Poor Callisto took a big hit with Agnes gone, especially with the over-emotional trait, and she ended up being in the red at miserable for a while. I felt very sorry for her, and she ended up getting the most attention in the house for a while.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
The next day, I left bed in the late afternoon. I’d spent all day in bed, not wanting to face the world. I felt bad because James had lost his mother, yet I was moping around more than him.
But I had lost my best friend, and my one shot at answers. I needed to know how and why Agnes had come to me in my dreams before I had known of her existence.

I got to the kitchen, only to realise it was my birthday.

I sat at the table with the kids and sighed.
“I guess you could paint my portraits for me before I become immortal, Cyllene, if you would,” I said.
The kids all looked at me strange.

“Um.. mum… I think you’re getting senile. What’s this talk about ‘immortality’?” replied Cyllene.
I felt my gut drop. I realised that I’d never explained the dynasty to the girls. They had no idea.

I turned to them and said I had something I needed to tell them, but they must believe me. I got the book titled The Immortal Dynasty and placed it on the table.
I dove straight into the explanation – the letter from my mother, the magic of the book, the requirements, the ambrosia and most importantly, what completing it would achieve: my mum’s freedom from a horrible fate.

After taking turns in trying to touch the book, they realised what I said was true: Europa could pick up the book, but when Cyllene or James tried, the book shimmered and faded away.

Their reactions were quite different. Europa was furious. Furious that her sister would pass away, and she would live.
Cyllene, on the other hand, said that she understood why we needed to do it, and said she’d help in any way possible.

Poor James just sat there in shock, trying to take it all in.

Europa started yelling at me, asking me how I could live with myself letting my daughter die before her eyes; letting everyone die before my eyes.
Cyllene stood, telling her to be quiet.
She told Europa that she accepted what had to be done. She asked her what she would have done, had I been in the same situation – would she save me, or would she leave me?

Europa quieted down, and began to look sorrowful. I was sad to see my daughter like this – seeing her express the emotions that I was caging within myself.
Cyllene walked over to Europa and pulled her into a hug.

“I promise you, Europa, that I’m content with this. It needs to be done. Luna is our grandmother, and she needs our help. She’s family, and family is the most important thing in this world. Please, help mum”.
Europa looked into her sisters eyes, and then into mine.
She nodded her silent acceptance.

Cyllene sat back down, and started planning out how she was going to set up my portrait and sculpture. Her willingness really brought my mood around.

I was so lucky to have Cyllene and Europa as my children. Their acceptance to help me save my mother by paying the ultimate sacrifice was a true blessing, and I could never thank them enough for helping me. I love these two girls dearly, and even though I’d be here much longer than Cyllene ever would, she would always be in my heart.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 17: Immortal)
« Reply #187 on: May 27, 2011, 02:47:26 AM »
Just three hours later, Cyllene had already put the finishing touches the my part of the immortal dynasty.
I took a seat amongst the portraits, sculptures and pictures of my life. I reflected back on each moment that had passed – each moment that lead to me sitting here.

I took my first bite of the ambrosia. It was sweet, yet it was bitter. It was hot, yet cold. It was unlike anything I’d even seen. Unlike anything I'd ever smelled. Unlike anything I'd ever tasted.

I took the last bite off my plate. I was feeling strange; elated. I felt like I was floating through the endless skies; like nothing would ever harm me.
And I heard her. My mother.
“I’m proud of you darling Callisto” was all I heard, but it was all I needed to hear.

I was closer to my mother, and she was closer to me.
“One day you’ll be free mother. I’m going to save you. I promise” I whispered.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Immortal One
Name: Callisto Moon
Traits: Green Thumb, Love the Outdoors, Over Emotional, Ambitious and Charismatic
Lifetime Wish: The Perfect Garden
Career: Gardening
Supermax Skill: Gardening
Building: Diner
Updated Property: Summer Hills Spring
Lifetime Rewards: Super Green Thumb, Fertility Treatment and Moodlet Manager
Best Friends: Thornton Moon, Jocasta Bachelor, Christopher Steel, Tori Kimura, Morgana Wolff and Jamie Jolina
Black Ops: Absolutely Great Produce, Uncommonly Good, Outstandingly Rare, Tough Negotiation, Outstanding Tasting Ingredients and The Omnificient Plant
Portraits/Sculptures/Photographs: Young Adult, Adult, Elder

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Congratulations, Callisto! You should do it, even if your family has to die (except Europa), to save the Copernicuses. We believe in you! :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
Congratulations to Callisto! *Confetti*

She barely looks like an elder at all, age ain't nothing but a number! Woo!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Happy Birthday and congrats to Calisto!!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Thank you ;D
I agree Juxt, she's pretty good looking for an elder!

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
WOOOT!  Congratulations on tasting your first ambrosia, Callisto!  What a lovely exchange between the sisters and their mom.  I'd be interested to know what is going on in James' mind.  He had a kind of a blank look on his face throughout.

Offline Phyre

• Occult
Congratulations to both you and Callisto! The first Moon Immortal (and third (I believe) Copernicus Immortal) is a fact!

Absolutely fantastic update. I loved the conversation between Callisto, her daughters, and James. And now that Kat mentioned it, I'm really curious as to how he's taking this as well. After all, he'll be - in all likelihood - marrying into the family.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
*sniffs* How sweet. Congrats on the first immortal

anything