Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 654596 times)

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1140 on: June 09, 2012, 03:27:04 PM »
Nevermind, I found a solution around it, change which sim I start with!  ::) My DecaDynasty is now underway! With some sims I personally haven't seen used in a dynasty  ;)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #1141 on: June 23, 2012, 05:15:39 AM »
It's been almost 6 months since I finished my Immortal Dynasty... I think it's time for me to start up a DecaDynasty!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1142 on: June 23, 2012, 05:36:16 AM »
I really cannot wait to see it Alexandria.I have tried loads of times but I just can't seem to find a family that I really like. I loved playing with James Douglas and Hebe Smith in Union Cove but the town runs so slow on my computer it is impossible to play.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

AdnaanA

« Reply #1143 on: June 23, 2012, 04:23:59 PM »
Alex, I would love to see another story from you. Are you going with moons of jupiter again?

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #1144 on: June 24, 2012, 12:34:17 AM »
Thanks Rach and AdnaanA.
I'm going a completely separate way with this story, and will be trying out a third-person approach.
I started playing last night, and my heir isn't even born yet, but I'm already enjoying it! Haha.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #1145 on: June 26, 2012, 02:26:13 PM »
I've started with Matthew Hamming.. He's alright to use, yeah? Single adult living in Bridgeport with no other household members, and therefore no children. (And yes, I'm going for yet another story. I don't know, I just felt like at least getting this dynasty started before the next one comes along. :P)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1146 on: June 26, 2012, 03:10:11 PM »
I've started with Matthew Hamming.. He's alright to use, yeah? Single adult living in Bridgeport with no other household members, and therefore no children. (And yes, I'm going for yet another story. I don't know, I just felt like at least getting this dynasty started before the next one comes along. :P)

Matthew Hamming is fine.  Bridgeport isn't the best town, though.  You'll be required to move all over town and have at least one baby in each location.  The problem is that the apartments in Bridgeport are horrible for raising babies.  For some reason, the parents try to take the babies down the elevator to feed them and maybe for more things.  It was very frustrating for me when I tried to have babies in an apartment.  The Immortal Dynasty isn't so bad because your family never leaves the Dynasty lot.  Also, you cannot make the apartments bigger.  I just wouldn't recommend Bridgeport for this challenge.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #1147 on: June 26, 2012, 03:36:40 PM »
Matthew Hamming is fine.  Bridgeport isn't the best town, though.  You'll be required to move all over town and have at least one baby in each location.  The problem is that the apartments in Bridgeport are horrible for raising babies.  For some reason, the parents try to take the babies down the elevator to feed them and maybe for more things.  It was very frustrating for me when I tried to have babies in an apartment.  The Immortal Dynasty isn't so bad because your family never leaves the Dynasty lot.  Also, you cannot make the apartments bigger.  I just wouldn't recommend Bridgeport for this challenge.

Thanks, Pam! I've started already. :-[ I get your point, that does sound very irritating! If it helps, the only thing the babies and toddlers will be doing is getting trained because I have that deluxe swing thing and I like to keep them there until childhood. ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1148 on: June 26, 2012, 05:49:20 PM »
Thanks, Pam! I've started already. :-[ I get your point, that does sound very irritating! If it helps, the only thing the babies and toddlers will be doing is getting trained because I have that deluxe swing thing and I like to keep them there until childhood. ;D

Yeah, the swing might make enough difference for it to be tolerable.  And you can always take them to a park to teach the skills if the apartment doesn't work right.  Good luck with it!  Are you writing a story, too?

Edit:  Never mind.  I found it!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #1149 on: June 26, 2012, 05:57:52 PM »
Yeah, the swing might make enough difference for it to be tolerable.  And you can always take them to a park to teach the skills if the apartment doesn't work right.  Good luck with it!  Are you writing a story, too?

Edit:  Never mind.  I found it!

Yea, taking them to the park is a great idea! Thank you, Pam. :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1150 on: June 26, 2012, 06:35:18 PM »
He is pretty good to use. Since he's an adult, he will be able to provide the tombstone since planning a young adult to die, that's just stressful. Believe me.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1151 on: June 26, 2012, 11:25:21 PM »
He is pretty good to use. Since he's an adult, he will be able to provide the tombstone since planning a young adult to die, that's just stressful. Believe me.

Very true.  Adults are the best for getting the tombstone.  Young adults take too long and elders don't have enough points to get a big enough tombstone.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1152 on: June 27, 2012, 12:12:49 AM »
Very true.  Adults are the best for getting the tombstone.  Young adults take too long and elders don't have enough points to get a big enough tombstone.

That entirely depends on the elder.   I was able to use tattoos to keep Harwood Clay alive long enough to get the biggest tombstone possible.  I think he died around the time the heir hit young adult so you figure he lasted 5 weeks and was able to get more than 150,000 LTHP.  That's not too bad. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #1153 on: June 27, 2012, 01:26:03 AM »
Yea I didn't actually know Matt was an adult so there I was searching sims wiki for an adult spouse and then I started the game and realised he was an adult. ;D Makes things that little bit easier, which is nice.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #1154 on: June 28, 2012, 04:45:00 PM »
I have another question..

1. Heirs must be the result of two Sims living in a household Trying For Baby and must be born within 10 days of starting in a new occupied Townie house.

Does this go only for our first heir onwards or for the actual townie we start off with as well? I.e: The first heir must be born within ten days of actually starting the file? If so, Matt better get a move on. :P He'll be alright, I just wanted to know for sure.

anything