Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 655252 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1380 on: October 08, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »
I'm not really understanding the tombstone thing.  Possibly my question was answered, but I only read through the first ten or so pages of this thread.  I'm considering trying this, and it would be my first legacy (dynasty).

I play Hidden Springs, so I'd like to get Ella Carlisle and Sebastian Vanderburg together to start.  So in order to have their child move out, one of them would have to die first?  And the child must be born in the first ten days?  As they are both Young Adults, wouldn't the child be older than an Adult before one of them dies?

Also, I'd have Ella move into the castle, and Renauld and Caterina already have tons of friends (I think).  Would that count toward the friendship tally or does it have to be the parents of the heir?

The tombstone requirement says that someone has to die.  It doesn't have to be the parents of the heir.  It could be someone you moved in.

You can't use Ella Carlisle or Sebastian Vanderburg as both of their houses are disqualified for this challenge.   They both have parents with children even though those children are all grown up. 

The friendships have to be current which means you would have to have Renauld or Caterina still alive with all of their friends still alive at the time that their was moving to the new house.

Also, it might seem nitpicky but there is a difference between legacies and dynasties.   A legacy was started with Pinstar's rules or some variation that someone else has come up with.   A dynasty is a challenge on this forum that was made up by Metro.   Anytime you are referring to an Immortal Dynasty, Townie DecaDynasty or a Life States Dynasty please call it a dynasty and not a legacy. 

For some reason my heir isn't getting any opportunities, what's weird is that the rest of the household is getting loads of them. Is there a way to increase the chance of getting an opportunity for my heir?

I don't think there is really.  I just suggest a job that will most likely give them, keeping all the slots open and working on your skills to see if that helps.  I did have some trouble a while back where the Sim I wanted to get opportunities wasn't getting any and I think it was because I had supermaxed his skill before he was a YA.  Did your heir also supermax early?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Cedia

• Llama Wrangler
  • I love Italian Greyhounds...
    • Poesies.com
« Reply #1381 on: October 08, 2012, 12:59:01 PM »
You can't use Ella Carlisle or Sebastian Vanderburg as both of their houses are disqualified for this challenge.   They both have parents with children even though those children are all grown up.

That's... disappointing.  "Children" to me means anything from baby to teen, not a young adult.  Oh well, no challenge for me.  I guess I'll just use some of the rules for something else.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #1382 on: October 08, 2012, 01:35:29 PM »

I don't think there is really.  I just suggest a job that will most likely give them, keeping all the slots open and working on your skills to see if that helps.  I did have some trouble a while back where the Sim I wanted to get opportunities wasn't getting any and I think it was because I had supermaxed his skill before he was a YA.  Did your heir also supermax early?

She's a self employed painter and a young adult. She hasn't supermaxed painting yet, but she's at level ten. I'm surprised that she hasn't recieved any skill-related opportunities.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1383 on: October 08, 2012, 02:12:44 PM »
I'd recommend putting her in a rabbit-hole job (except not fortune-teller). My painter actually picked up only 2 painting ops, plus some for handiness and logic.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
« Reply #1384 on: October 08, 2012, 02:13:27 PM »
I'd recommend putting her in a rabbit-hole job (except not fortune-teller). My painter actually picked up only 2 painting ops, plus some for handiness and logic.

Ok, which one would you recommend for a painter?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1385 on: October 08, 2012, 02:23:33 PM »
Law Enforcement, specifically the forensics branch, uses painting as a metric. You would probably have to give up logic as a future supermax, though.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
« Reply #1386 on: October 08, 2012, 02:46:19 PM »
Law Enforcement, specifically the forensics branch, uses painting as a metric. You would probably have to give up logic as a future supermax, though.

I'll try that. I wasn't planning on supermaxing logic, because the challenges look so hard. Thank you!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1387 on: October 08, 2012, 03:57:18 PM »
That's... disappointing.  "Children" to me means anything from baby to teen, not a young adult.  Oh well, no challenge for me.  I guess I'll just use some of the rules for something else.

You're not going to play this challenge because you can't use that specific couple as founders?  There are many more in many towns that would be fun to play.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Cedia

• Llama Wrangler
  • I love Italian Greyhounds...
    • Poesies.com
« Reply #1388 on: October 08, 2012, 08:45:24 PM »
You're not going to play this challenge because you can't use that specific couple as founders?  There are many more in many towns that would be fun to play.

I have a love/hate relationship with the game.  I can only play certain towns and certain sims.  :)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1389 on: October 08, 2012, 09:09:09 PM »
That would be part of the fun though, I'd think!

"I've never played Morgana and Thornton Wolff. I should try it and see how it goes!"

You may discover new sims to love when you hated them before.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #1390 on: October 09, 2012, 10:43:07 AM »
One thing about joining rabbit hole careers to get opportunities - it looks like careers in combination rabbit holes don't spawn opportunities properly.

And you can max the Forensics career path with maxed painting and Logic at 5 or 6. Just keep the other job metrics at the highest level, and watch out for autonomous chess-playing when you're done.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1391 on: October 09, 2012, 11:29:27 AM »
Cathy, you're right about the rabbit-holes, but I didn't mention it because he's playing in Sunset Valley.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
« Reply #1392 on: October 09, 2012, 01:00:47 PM »
I don't understand, does this mean I'll only get rabbit hole opportunities if I'm in Sunset Valley?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1393 on: October 09, 2012, 01:06:59 PM »
You'll only get rabbithole opportunities if the rabbithole you work in is not a combined rabbithole (for example, the combined public services building in Bridgeport and Moonlight Falls, which contains city hall, the police, and the military). Sunset Valley doesn't have any combined rabbitholes, but it's not the only place without them. Riverview and Twinbrook are fine too, and it depends on where you're working in Bridgeport. I don't play any of the store worlds (well, besides Riverview), so I can't comment there.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
« Reply #1394 on: October 09, 2012, 01:14:46 PM »
You'll only get rabbithole opportunities if the rabbithole you work in is not a combined rabbithole (for example, the combined public services building in Bridgeport and Moonlight Falls, which contains city hall, the police, and the military). Sunset Valley doesn't have any combined rabbitholes, but it's not the only place without them. Riverview and Twinbrook are fine too, and it depends on where you're working in Bridgeport. I don't play any of the store worlds (well, besides Riverview), so I can't comment there.

Ok. Thank you.  ;)