Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 653146 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1530 on: December 24, 2012, 01:08:29 AM »
The reason we allow players to change the designation is so they can buy it and put whatever they want on it through the real estate feature.  That may be where the confusion lies.   It's kind of like wanting to add the arboretum without placing the lot.  You would change the community garden to big park before you start then when you have money - you buy the garden and place the arboretum down later.  You would lose the property but you would gain the arboretum.
That makes sense. I've redone everything in a new save except no replacing lots. Thanks again.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1531 on: December 24, 2012, 04:46:43 PM »
My current game has it set to 14 days and holidays have fallen on a Thursday in the second week of each season.

I can confirm I've had the same setting since obtaining Seasons, and in every single file, the holiday is on the 2nd Thursday of the applicable season.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrozenHotChocolate

• Nooboo
« Reply #1532 on: December 25, 2012, 03:02:06 AM »
I haven't played this in a while, but this
There can be no other children within the household older than the heir.

Is this new? Does this mean you can't move into a household with children in it?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1533 on: December 25, 2012, 09:29:34 PM »
It's not new, it's been that way for as long as I can remember.

• Nooboo
« Reply #1534 on: December 26, 2012, 09:43:25 PM »
Thanks, I thought the no children thing is only for founding houses. Wouldn't this severely limit the households you can move into? Those are already hard enough to come by in later generations... :S

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1535 on: December 26, 2012, 10:58:34 PM »
Thanks, I thought the no children thing is only for founding houses. Wouldn't this severely limit the households you can move into? Those are already hard enough to come by in later generations... :S

I almost never run into townie families that have small children since story progression has pretty much killed townies having babies.  If you run into a problem later where there turns out to be a child, come to us about it.   We're not talking houses that have grown up children though.  We're talking households with teenagers and younger.  Your heir can marry someone who still lives with their parents.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1536 on: December 26, 2012, 11:23:06 PM »
I've noticed that story progression will generate families with children/teens (this might especially be true if someone in the previous household was a child or teen, as schoolmates have to be generated), so it might end up being an issue for some. Or I'm seeing things.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1537 on: December 26, 2012, 11:25:58 PM »
I've noticed that story progression will generate families with children/teens (this might especially be true if someone in the previous household was a child or teen, as schoolmates have to be generated), so it might end up being an issue for some. Or I'm seeing things.

This is a possibility but heirs have to be adults which means townies will have aged too unless there are new children that had to be generated.  It comes down to this - an heir is important and part of what makes the heir important is being the firstborn child of a couple. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

• Nooboo
« Reply #1538 on: December 27, 2012, 02:32:50 AM »
For me story progression tend to move in new families with 2-3 children, often when the heirs are already grown up. It might be a problem if the choices are scarce. Mostly I see the importance of an heir being the first born of the previous heir and not so much focus on the spouses in these dynasties.

Oh well, thanks for confirming anyway, I'll keep it in mind. :)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1539 on: December 27, 2012, 11:07:15 PM »
So are you trying to say you can't marry someone who already has children? I'm having trouble understanding :/

By samoht04

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #1540 on: December 30, 2012, 08:59:00 PM »
If the person you're trying to marry has in their household at the time any sim that is teenage or younger, then you can't marry them, is my reading of the rule.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1541 on: December 31, 2012, 04:45:49 PM »
So are you trying to say you can't marry someone who already has children? I'm having trouble understanding :/

If the person you're trying to marry has in their household at the time any sim that is teenage or younger, then you can't marry them, is my reading of the rule.

I was wrong about the teen but this is the exact ruling

There can be no other children within the household older than the heir that is to be born in the new house.

This means no nieces and nephews.  The current heir's spouse can't have kids.

Offline Dltndav

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1542 on: January 01, 2013, 01:36:20 AM »
ok I know we are supposed to send all babies that result from getting abducted back to their homeworld, but what if say we were to move out the current heir during a pregnancy, would that be breaking the rule since the pregnant male would no longer be in the household...

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1543 on: January 01, 2013, 06:30:37 AM »
The only time you can move the heir is when he or she has completed all the requirements and is getting married to someone who lives in a house. I suppose if you wanted to move a pregnant male out, it would be okay, but he and the alien baby would not be able to move back in.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1544 on: January 01, 2013, 02:45:27 PM »
I retract my earlier statement about nieces or nephews.  An heir can move into a house where there are children as long as the children do not belong to the heir or the new spouse.   Once you become the girlfriend/boyfriend of the new spouse, you will be able to see into their household using the family tree to find out if there are potential children by them in the next house. 

ok I know we are supposed to send all babies that result from getting abducted back to their homeworld, but what if say we were to move out the current heir during a pregnancy, would that be breaking the rule since the pregnant male would no longer be in the household...

This is in discussion right now amongst the team.  As soon as a decision is made, I promise you'll hear from one of us.  I just didn't want you to be left hanging so thought I'd say something now.

Edit: Should the circumstance actually happen that the heir's requirements just happened to be satisfied at the same time as an alien pregnancy - yes you can go ahead and have your heir move on.  Only in the event that the heir has actually fulfilled all of his/her requirements.   That alien child born in the former household however can never be in any future household of any heir as it's considered a former household member.

anything