Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 654329 times)

Offline RadioCat

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1560 on: January 17, 2013, 12:54:22 PM »
my game crashes a lot, is it considered cheating if i crash and lose some time?it said quitting without saving is considered cheating....

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1561 on: January 17, 2013, 01:03:36 PM »
my game crashes a lot, is it considered cheating if i crash and lose some time?it said quitting without saving is considered cheating....

Quitting without saving means that you choose the action to exit game without saving your game.    If the game crashes, that's not your decision.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RadioCat

• Nooboo
« Reply #1562 on: January 17, 2013, 05:44:38 PM »
alright just making sure

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #1563 on: January 21, 2013, 05:35:11 AM »
Announcement:

The Challenge Team has recently decided to make two changes to the DecaDynasty rules in an effort to help alleviate some issues that have come to our attention.  In an effort to make this challenge possibly easier to complete, it has been decided to initiate the following two changes:  the ability to change towns and allowing adventure opportunities.

A player is now given the ability to change towns twice through the entire decadynasty in an effort to avoid problems with file size or to correct technical issues.  Use these two moves at your discretion but also with caution as you only get the two and moving too early may cause your final file size to still be very large.   When moving towns, you have to do it after the heir moves to a new house.  You can then immediately save the household to the bin and move into the new town.   Only the new household is allowed to move, you are not allowed to take any buildings or townspeople with you. 

We are now allowing heirs to use three adventure opportunities as part of their BlackOps requirement.  Adventure Opportunities will count just like the other three types of ops.   They have to remain unique and if you move town and that resets your adventures/visa level, keep it in mind that you don't accidentally complete one previously completed as a BlackOp for an heir in an effort to get the house back/visa level back.  Doing so will mean failure just like it would with any other opportunity.

Any questions or concerns can be posted here or sent to the challenge team and we will try to answer them as quickly as possible like usual.

I knew I remembered seeing this new ruling but it took me a bit to find, can it be linked to on the rules post? new players may miss it unless they check all 60 odd pages. ( which I do realise we should do, but keeping up with a thread while already playing and reading the whole thing when itching to get started are two very different things )

I'm thinking I might move my current heir when it's time, not including whoever he marries he will be the only one left of his family by the time he hits adult and it seems a good moment to move, but I had a question as to what we can take with us, I know it says no townspeople but what about dead ones? can we retrieve the tombstones of former dynasty family members, heirs mainly, so the family tree stays intact when we get to the new town, or is that forbidden? And does that even work? I had a feeling it did but I've not tried it.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #1564 on: January 21, 2013, 01:16:26 PM »
Ok, my heir got an A on friday, and had it all weekend. he went to school monday, and then came home. Will he make the honor roll on tuesday? There's a holiday on wednsday, his birthday.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
« Reply #1565 on: January 21, 2013, 01:18:29 PM »
There can be no other children within the household older than the heir.

WHAT?! does that count for adopted children? Oh gosh, I'm freaking out right now!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1566 on: January 21, 2013, 04:15:45 PM »
Turoskel, thank you for that post. I for one would really appreciate that post being linked to the rules because I suddenly started hearing about all these new DecaDynasty rules and scoured the rules page looking for them!

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1567 on: January 21, 2013, 06:12:38 PM »
There can be no other children within the household older than the heir.

WHAT?! does that count for adopted children? Oh gosh, I'm freaking out right now!

Adopted children are still children. Your heir has to be the eldest child in the household.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
« Reply #1568 on: January 21, 2013, 07:11:24 PM »
Adopted children are still children. Your heir has to be the eldest child in the household.

Oh, thank you. I guess that means I failed then.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1569 on: January 21, 2013, 07:21:57 PM »
Oh, thank you. I guess that means I failed then.

What generation are you on?   Was the adopted child the child of the heir or heir spouse or was it for the founders? 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1570 on: January 21, 2013, 07:26:16 PM »
I knew I remembered seeing this new ruling but it took me a bit to find, can it be linked to on the rules post? new players may miss it unless they check all 60 odd pages. ( which I do realise we should do, but keeping up with a thread while already playing and reading the whole thing when itching to get started are two very different things )

I'm thinking I might move my current heir when it's time, not including whoever he marries he will be the only one left of his family by the time he hits adult and it seems a good moment to move, but I had a question as to what we can take with us, I know it says no townspeople but what about dead ones? can we retrieve the tombstones of former dynasty family members, heirs mainly, so the family tree stays intact when we get to the new town, or is that forbidden? And does that even work? I had a feeling it did but I've not tried it.

Turoskel, thank you for that post. I for one would really appreciate that post being linked to the rules because I suddenly started hearing about all these new DecaDynasty rules and scoured the rules page looking for them!

It actually says in the rules what the announcement says.  It's a specific line under #4 in the General Rules at the top and the opps change was added to the opportunity line in the rules.  There is no reason to link to the post in my opinion.

As for the move - a move to a new town should only include the household and the items that an heir is allowed to bring to it's new family.  It has to be done as soon as the heir moves into the new house so there shouldn't be anything to bring from the new household either. 

The ruleset is always updated so even if you looked over them make sure you read them closely to see if they actually say the same thing.   The two town moves and the 3 adventure opps have been a part of the ruleset since the day the announcement was made.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
« Reply #1571 on: January 21, 2013, 07:28:21 PM »

What generation are you on?   Was the adopted child the child of the heir or heir spouse or was it for the founders?

I'm on generation 2. The generation 1 heir was pregnant, and they adopted him then. I don't know what to think right now. I can't believe I might've failed because of something like this...

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1572 on: January 21, 2013, 07:30:18 PM »
I'm on generation 2. The generation 1 heir was pregnant, and they adopted him then. I don't know what to think right now. I can't believe I might've failed because of something like this...

I'm afraid that is a loss of HOF eligibility(failure) because the heir has to be the oldest child to the former heir and the spouse.   So it even means you can't marry someone who has children from a previous relationship. 

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
« Reply #1573 on: January 21, 2013, 08:10:19 PM »
I'm afraid that is a loss of HOF eligibility(failure) because the heir has to be the oldest child to the former heir and the spouse.   So it even means you can't marry someone who has children from a previous relationship.

Ok....I don't know what to think now.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #1574 on: January 22, 2013, 03:20:42 AM »
Apologies Rica, I reread them before I posted that and it appears I totally missed it, I think it's because it's under the edit town screen part and I admit I skimmed that thinking it was just the same as before, I expected to see it in the moving requirements part which it obviously wasn't.

*slaps own wrist and promises to read every word next time*

anything