Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 654696 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1830 on: July 03, 2013, 04:43:07 PM »
I'm so sorry if these has been asked already, or have an obvious answer, but searching has failed me:

1. Is it okay to disable Vampires, Fairies, Werewolves from the Game Options at the onset? (And leave Ghosts and Witches in?)
2. If/when I need to move towns due to save-game bloat, it is still okay to add EA Created buildings/lots before the family moves into the new house, right?
3. Can the 10 collection items be turned into gold to add value with the Midas Touch?

1. Is in the rules under #3 of General Rules.
2.  This is covered in a giant post that is linked at the bottom of #4 under General Rules.
3.  No.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1831 on: July 03, 2013, 05:02:11 PM »
Townie DecaDynasty Island Paradise Decisions:

Mermaids - Mermaids have a normal lifespan which makes them automatically eligible for an Townie DecaDynasty.  There is a catch, read below.

Scuba Diving Skill - Scuba Diving is an allowed supermax skill for anyone who is not a mermaid or a former mermaid. The ability to reach level 10 just by transforming into a half fish makes it way too easy.  A family of mermaids would negate the use of diving as a supermax anyway so while we're allowing mermaids, we cannot allow someone to have level 10 just because they were born. 

New Careers - Lifeguard Profession and Scuba Diver Self employment are both viable options for the career requirement.

Hidden Islands - Go .. find them.  Have fun.  The rules for private lots do not change with the expansion so once you find an island, it must be sold via real estate.

Houseboats - They work the same as private lots. You cannot own private lots or a houseboat in addition to your residence.  If you move into a townie home that happens to be a houseboat or start with a couple that lives on a houseboat, that is fine.

LTWs, Traits and LTRs - All Lifetime wishes, traits and Lifetime Rewards are allowed.

Resorts - If a player wishes to own a resort, that is their choice.  To get access to one players will need to place a resort from Island Paradise.  No new lots can be placed to be converted by you into a resort. Resorts are not business or properties so they don't count for those requirements.  There is also no career associated with resorts.

Dive Lots -  Due to the fact that it's glitchy and requires lots of cheating, dive lots are not allowed to be placed in other worlds.

Lot Designations - The list of available lots that can have their lot designations changed within the current Edit Town rules are:
Petite Park, Ichtaca Community Garden, Rebecca's Cafe, Island Jewel Park, Paradise Pub, Beso De Sol Garden.

New NPCs - Front Desk Clerks, Food Counter Clerks

New Collections - Seashells & Messages in a Bottle

In addition to this - The Genie wish for long life is not allowed to be used by former heirs and their spouses until an heir has born in the new house.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #1832 on: July 03, 2013, 05:13:03 PM »
Houseboats - They work the same as private lots. You cannot own private lots or a houseboat.
So, that means that sims are not allowed to move with another townie if they are living on a houseboat?

My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1833 on: July 03, 2013, 05:16:19 PM »
Whoops.  I knew it looked funny there is a sentence missing and I'll fix it right now.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1834 on: July 03, 2013, 08:32:37 PM »
Thanks so much for doing all the work on this!

I think you also left out a phrase in the resort section -- I'm assuming that we can also convert an existing empty lot to a resort?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1835 on: July 03, 2013, 09:57:03 PM »
Converting an empty lot to a resort would be a private lot which aren't allowed in the Townie DecaDynasty.    Empty lots can't have a designation and you can't place empty lots for the sake of buying them as per rules.    I see where the confusion comes from though and I removed the word either.  I was working on the rules all at the same time.  Excuse my blunder please.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1836 on: July 04, 2013, 06:34:33 AM »
That's okay -- I forgot that Immortal Dynasty players were allowed to buy private lots but Decadynasty ones weren't.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline leglamp

• Nooboo
« Reply #1837 on: July 06, 2013, 03:12:03 PM »
Still a bit confused about edit town function, even after reading the rules and explanation, and trying to read through this whole thread. (Sorry!)

I'm thinking of starting in Monte Vista.  I have all the expansions except for IP.

1. If I understand correctly, I am allowed to place a copy of a Festival Grounds, the Scholar Garden, Champs Les Sims Nectary, Martial Arts Academy, and Gypsy's Landing Moonlight Falls lot. (please tell me if I'm wrong?)
2. If there are NO free community lots left after auto-placing, is it correct that we can't change the designation of an empty "Residential" lot to "Community", for the sole purpose of adding an EA lot? 
3. It is okay, however, to remove something like Varg's Tavern or the Pony Equestrian Center, right?  Because they are not a default community lot of Monte Vista?
4. I'm also not allowed to use world editor to place a 64 x 64 lot somewhere for the purposes of adding the nectary or festival grounds, right?

Apologies in advance for the stupid questions, and my poor reading comprehension skills. (I feel so dense about this. :-\)  Thank you so much in advance for any clarification!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1838 on: July 06, 2013, 03:28:57 PM »
1) Yes you're allowed to place the unedited version of these EA lots .
2) You can change empty residentials to communities but only empty lots not empty houses.
3) It is ok to remove the auto-placed lots if you don't want them, need them moved, etc as long as it's ONLY the auto-placed lots not the lots that the town came with.
4) You can add a lot to the world to place a community lot but only if you actually place the lot.  You can't add it to the world and then not do anything with it.

Also remember there is a Monte Vista specific festival lot made by a Guru that replaces one of the parks if you wanted to place it. 

Offline leglamp

• Nooboo
« Reply #1839 on: July 06, 2013, 03:42:35 PM »
Thank you so much, for answering so quickly (and your patience with everyone!) I'm so relieved!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1840 on: July 08, 2013, 04:09:29 PM »
Echoing everyone else, thanks, Rica, for your hard work on this.  I was just going to question if there was an issue that a potential spouse for my heir randomly became a mermaid (hooray for story progression working in the new life state immediately), and the question was already answered!

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #1841 on: July 10, 2013, 01:39:23 PM »
I want to start my new dynasty in Isla Paradiso, and I choose Senorita Hernandez and after few sim hours of playing she got the nauseous moodlet(from unknown causes) which probably means that she is pregnant. I quit the game immidiately and I wonder if she is an elgibile townie to play with since there's no list avaible just yet

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1842 on: July 10, 2013, 02:06:43 PM »
No she's not because she's pregnant.  The list will be updated soon with the available townies.  I'm having personal issues that keeps me from the forum at this time.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #1843 on: July 17, 2013, 09:47:24 AM »
I just need a double check. Is my heir allowed to marry a witch? It says they can be household members, but I need to be shure that they can be spouses, too.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1844 on: July 17, 2013, 10:03:14 AM »
butterfly, yes, your founder or heir can marry a witch; spouses are considered household members.