Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 654959 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1890 on: August 12, 2013, 10:00:28 AM »
So how about using the opportunity value for however many are done for opportunities, and then use the Buy Mode value for the rest of the 10?

All items are counted as their price in buy mode for all collections.   Opportunities do not factor into the collections.

I am having a small spouse problem. My 3. heir is a young adult and has done all of the requirements so I went for a spouse hunting. The problem is, there are only two sims that are elgibile for a spouse, one is dating a family member(that happened via story progression and I'd hate to break them apart) so my sims is now dating the second one but the problem is he has two children with his ex- girlfriend( I found out that when they became boyfriend/girlfriend). Is he elgibile for my sim to marry? In other circumstances I'd let her marry a random townie and move to another town to find a father for the next generation, but I don't want to waste my moves too soon in case of glitches in future because my game runs perfectly now* knocks on wood*

Are you using mods to keep the towns alive?  Since story progression still isn't fixed to allow for townie children, thought I'd ask.  If you're using mods, then does it matter if it's in the rules or not?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1891 on: August 12, 2013, 10:03:13 AM »
All items are counted as their price in buy mode for all collections.   Opportunities do not factor into the collections.

Ok, thanks.  It's a good thing I don't care about my score!  At this point, it will be a huge accomplishment just to finish the challenge. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #1892 on: August 12, 2013, 12:49:36 PM »
I don't use any mods, I'm going for HoF. He is not a original townie, he just randomly moved in during the game with his kids and their mother(they were only dating and they split up)
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1893 on: August 13, 2013, 12:44:53 PM »
That happens often in my games townies don't have babies but I get a lot of ready made families moving in.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1894 on: August 22, 2013, 11:47:27 PM »
Anyone knows if Criminal career objects taken home & Career reward objects are 2 separate items?  In my mind they seem like the same thing, but the rules page listed it as separate.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1895 on: August 22, 2013, 11:54:19 PM »
Criminal career objects taken home are acquired more randomly than other career rewards, which are given at a set level of the career, which is probably what separates them from true career rewards.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #1896 on: September 02, 2013, 07:15:22 PM »
Question: The merchants in Egypt/China/France don't count as NPC's for the 10 NPC Friends requirement, do they? The special merchants, general goods merchants, etc?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1897 on: September 03, 2013, 10:09:55 AM »
NPC usually don't have family or home, appears out of thin air into your town.  The merchants in world adventure actually do have family and a home.

The World Adventure xpac has been out for a long time, and if those merchants counted for NPC friends, I'm sure the list would have been updated by the team.  Since I don't see those merchants on the list, I'm going to say they are not counted.  Safer to stick with the list?  There are 34 on that list, more than enough for the requirement.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #1898 on: September 18, 2013, 02:42:44 PM »
Are we allowed to harvest forbidden fruit to have a plant sim?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1899 on: September 18, 2013, 02:49:25 PM »
Are we allowed to harvest forbidden fruit to have a plant sim?

Household members are allowed to become PlantSims but an heir and their spouse can only become a PlantSim after the next heir has been born.  Heirs can never be PlantSims.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #1900 on: September 18, 2013, 02:50:01 PM »
oo, I must've missed it. Thanks! :)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #1901 on: September 25, 2013, 06:14:44 AM »
Last night I opened my DecaDynasty and out of no where Agnes had a birthday.  No makeover, no tattoo, Only the mirror was used to fix her hair. Because I took out off CC from my game. No notification that it was her birthday. I'm only 1 week and 8 days into this file.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1902 on: September 25, 2013, 08:40:59 AM »
@sdhoey:

Sounds like you have the wrong lifespan settings, did you make sure it is on normal?  Agnes starts with 6 days to Adult on normal, and she should have 21 days before reaching Elder.  Now on medium lifespan, Agnes starts with 3 days to Adult, and have 12 days before reaching Elder -- that's a total of 15 days.  You did say your file is 1 week 8 days (15 days).  Can you double check your lifespan settings?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #1903 on: September 25, 2013, 09:07:09 AM »
@sdhoey:

Sounds like you have the wrong lifespan settings, did you make sure it is on normal?  Agnes starts with 6 days to Adult on normal, and she should have 21 days before reaching Elder.  Now on medium lifespan, Agnes starts with 3 days to Adult, and have 12 days before reaching Elder -- that's a total of 15 days.  You did say your file is 1 week 8 days (15 days).  Can you double check your lifespan settings?

Everything is correct, I did have problems sometime back, and had to do a factory reset of my EA folder. I almost lost my Immortal Dynasty because of it. I wonder if whatever the problem was effected this file also?
Can I just scrap this attempt and restart a new in another town?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1904 on: September 25, 2013, 09:24:19 AM »
@sdhoey:

Sure go ahead, good luck on your new dynasty.  At least you didn't lose too much, only 15 days  ;)

anything