Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 318893 times)

Offline simsally

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #275 on: June 06, 2011, 08:50:06 AM »
Ok, one more question. Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.  I was just reading the tournament challenge threads and someone asked about the nomosaic hack and was told it was not allowed in those challenges.  I assume its not allowed here either?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #276 on: June 06, 2011, 09:07:44 AM »
Ok, one more question. Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.  I was just reading the tournament challenge threads and someone asked about the nomosaic hack and was told it was not allowed in those challenges.  I assume its not allowed here either?

Hacks/mods are not allowed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Zylphe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #277 on: June 06, 2011, 09:34:46 PM »
Do tattoo artists, stylists, and consignment shop clerks also count as NPCs?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #278 on: June 06, 2011, 09:44:35 PM »
Do tattoo artists, stylists, and consignment shop clerks also count as NPCs?

Hmmm...kind of a tough call because it's often your standard townies that fill those roles and with "NPCs" what you're seeking are not your stock family members, but the service Sims that are spawned.

@Pam, do you have an opinion? The thing is I've seen Cornelia Goth as a Consignment Shop clerk a ton of times. She's not an NPC — at least in the sense for this event. She's a townie.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #279 on: June 06, 2011, 10:55:23 PM »
Hmmm...kind of a tough call because it's often your standard townies that fill those roles and with "NPCs" what you're seeking are not your stock family members, but the service Sims that are spawned.

@Pam, do you have an opinion? The thing is I've seen Cornelia Goth as a Consignment Shop clerk a ton of times. She's not an NPC — at least in the sense for this event. She's a townie.

I think they should be left out.  Those clerks are always townies, so they have a home in town.  NPCs don't have a house anywhere. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #280 on: June 06, 2011, 10:57:38 PM »
So, they are always townies. Okay. They definitely will not be put on the list then. Works for me. Thanks, Pam.

Sybilla

« Reply #281 on: June 07, 2011, 08:41:07 AM »
This might seem really stupid, but are metals, space rocks and gems counted as different things? Or are they just 'things that you dig up'?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #282 on: June 07, 2011, 08:47:00 AM »
This might seem really stupid, but are metals, space rocks and gems counted as different things? Or are they just 'things that you dig up'?

Yes, they are different unique item types. So, you could leave 10 gems at house #1, and then 10 metals at house #2, for example.

Dusty_Monk

« Reply #283 on: June 07, 2011, 12:51:56 PM »
7. Each heir needs to purchase one building and one property (2 separate ownerships). The property must be fully upgraded before the heir moves.

Does this mean the heir has to be the household member that "makes the phone call" or "uses the computer" to make the purchase? e.g. Could Thornton Wolff complete this for the 1st heir on week 1 day 1?

Do these have to be unique for each heir or could each heir potentially purchase the same building and property?

Would some/one of the NPCs joining the household affect requirement #2?

Do the 10 Best friends from requirement #3 have to be non-household members? If so, could they have previously been a household member?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #284 on: June 07, 2011, 02:36:32 PM »
Does this mean the heir has to be the household member that "makes the phone call" or "uses the computer" to make the purchase? e.g. Could Thornton Wolff complete this for the 1st heir on week 1 day 1?

It's really more of a household thing — each household needs to make those 2 separate purchases, so I don't care who makes the purchase. I may have said heir in the rule, but it does not matter.

Do these have to be unique for each heir or could each heir potentially purchase the same building and property?

They need to be different as in the Immortal Dynasty. Switching active households after moving may indeed allow you to purchase the same property again. I'm not sure on that. But, just think of it in terms of logic — it doesn't make sense if you can do that, so don't do it.

Would some/one of the NPCs joining the household affect requirement #2?

If an NPC becomes a household member, then they're no longer NPCs. So, yes, it most definitely affects rule #2 — you need 10 NPCs at the time the heir is to move. All of those would have to be outside the household. You're free to bring NPCs into the household, no problem. But, that changes their status.

Do the 10 Best friends from requirement #3 have to be non-household members? If so, could they have previously been a household member?

I'm not quite following you. When the heir is ready to move examine the relationships of all household members. If you count up 10 different Sims that are Best Friends (household members are fine) you're fine. Clear?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #285 on: June 07, 2011, 02:40:49 PM »
Would a collection of ten mounted fish count as one of the ten collections?

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #286 on: June 07, 2011, 02:44:24 PM »
Would a collection of ten mounted fish count as one of the ten collections?

Rachel

Yes, fish are a unique group. It can be 10 different ones, 10 of the same, whatever combo you want.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #287 on: June 07, 2011, 05:20:40 PM »
OK, a question that I don't remember seeing.

I know the heir is natural born between two sims living in the same household.  But can the additional non-heir children be adopted? (mom wants five).

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #288 on: June 07, 2011, 05:26:09 PM »
I know the heir is natural born between two sims living in the same household.  But can the additional non-heir children be adopted? (mom wants five).

Yep, adoption is fine for non-heirs.

Offline simsally

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #289 on: June 07, 2011, 06:55:37 PM »
I'm not quite following you. When the heir is ready to move examine the relationships of all household members. If you count up 10 different Sims that are Best Friends (household members are fine) you're fine. Clear?

Am I understanding this right? Does that mean that my heir who is best friends with her mother counts for the requirement of 10? If so it would be kind of easy to have the heir make best friends with all of their family.  With a family of eight they would only need three more to reach the required 10. Also for rule #2, do the NPCs have to remain friends until the heir moves out or just become friends with someone in the house before then? Sorry for being a pest   :-\

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #290 on: June 07, 2011, 07:12:11 PM »
Most people would not want to control a house of eight Sims just to help with the friend requirement.Plus if your house had eight Sims the heir could not get married as the option to propose would never come up with the house being full.This is true even if you intend moving the heir out.Finally there is no guarantee that your house full of Sims will even like one another that is a lot of relationships to control at once.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #291 on: June 07, 2011, 07:25:10 PM »
Also for rule #2, do the NPCs have to remain friends until the heir moves out or just become friends with someone in the house before then? Sorry for being a pest   :-\

The NPC friendship requirement and all other requirements need to be true at moving time.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #292 on: June 07, 2011, 10:59:07 PM »
Ok I'm going to ask now since the friend thing seems to be in question. I'm a little confused on the NPC thing. They have to move in? Do the 10 friends have to be NPC's? I thought they just needed to visit. Is there a preference on who the best friends have to be? I thought that was the simplest rule out there. 10 best friends. Bam. Am I making this too simple?

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #293 on: June 07, 2011, 11:11:18 PM »
As far as I understand, it goes like this:
You need 10 NPCs to become your friend. They don't need to move in, but they need to be at friend or higher status when your heir is ready to move.
The ten best friends can be anyone. You could even become best friends with all sims from your NPC requirement.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #294 on: June 08, 2011, 06:18:03 AM »
2. The household must be visited by 10 different NPCs—Maid, Repair Technician, Repoman, Baby Sitter, Adoption Service/Child Protection Worker, Pizza Delivery, Butler, Bartender, Bouncer, Pianist, Burglar, Police, Firefighter, Grim Reaper, Newspaper Delivery, Mail Delivery, Science Geek, Magician, Ghost, Tourist, Paparazzi, male/female dancers—who have attained Friend status.
3. The household must have 10 different Best Friends at moving time. There can be overlap with other households’ Best Friends and the NPC requirement can serve double duty here if any are also Best Friends.

OK, I was thinking this was clear, not shore what is confusing,except now your questions are confusing me.
For example, it's time for your first Generation to move, and you pause the game to check relationships. Butler, maid, pizza delivery, repairman and newspaper delivery girl are best friend. There is also a tourist, paparazzi, mixologyst, pianist and bouncer as good friends. Your 1.Generation also has full relationship with future spouse, and that is 6 best friends and 10 befriended NPC's. If heirs little brother have 4 best friends in highschool, than you're good to go (except if one of those friends is newspaper delivery girl your heir already claimed as best friend).
I understood that relationships between household members doesn't count, but anyone from household can count their unique bestfriends to total requirement. I might be wrong with this.

EDIT: And to make shore they visited your household while they are friends, someone with LTR Legendary Host can invite them to the wedding party ;)

Offline simsally

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #295 on: June 08, 2011, 07:25:59 AM »
I thought this was asked and answered but I can't find it here, maybe in a different challenge. Anyway, are we allowed to use the mirror and dresser to change our heirs clothing and hairstyle? So far so good but you never know...they get goofy sometimes.  On a side note, I completely blinked out and had my founder making friends without thinking he would be a tombstone by the time my first heir moves  >:(  My heir just became a child though so I have time to fix it. Also thinking of adopting a teen to make some friends too, is that ok, or do you have to adopt sims younger than your heir?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #296 on: June 08, 2011, 07:39:55 AM »
For example, it's time for your first Generation to move, and you pause the game to check relationships. Butler, maid, pizza delivery, repairman and newspaper delivery girl are best friend. There is also a tourist, paparazzi, mixologyst, pianist and bouncer as good friends. Your 1.Generation also has full relationship with future spouse, and that is 6 best friends and 10 befriended NPC's. If heirs little brother have 4 best friends in highschool, than you're good to go (except if one of those friends is newspaper delivery girl your heir already claimed as best friend).
I understood that relationships between household members doesn't count, but anyone from household can count their unique bestfriends to total requirement. I might be wrong with this.

Yeah, remember, some moving requirements are specific to an heir. But, #2 and #3 are household requirements at the time an heir moves. So, everyone can contribute.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #297 on: June 08, 2011, 08:54:05 AM »
Also thinking of adopting a teen to make some friends too, is that ok, or do you have to adopt sims younger than your heir?

You can't adopt a teen, the game only gives the options of infant, toddler, and child.

Offline simsally

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #298 on: June 08, 2011, 01:42:20 PM »
Thanks tjsmetana, never adopted so didn't know that  :D

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #299 on: June 09, 2011, 08:37:31 AM »
Yeah, remember, some moving requirements are specific to an heir. But, #2 and #3 are household requirements at the time an heir moves. So, everyone can contribute.

OK, now I am confused.  Can my heir count his brother as a best friend?

anything