Author Topic: The Flowers waiting for Grim - Completed  (Read 88430 times)

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
Re: The Flowers waiting for Grim - chapter 28
« Reply #195 on: August 14, 2011, 11:24:28 AM »
A man signed up for a girl's finishing school? Okay then. How interesting is this going to be? I am awaiting more.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #196 on: August 14, 2011, 11:33:36 AM »
Hahahaha, I'm rolling around laughing right now! Brilliant, just brilliant! ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #197 on: August 14, 2011, 11:40:01 AM »
Uhm, well, I think I've thought enough to know where this is going. (<= A very, very bad attempt at a joke.)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #198 on: August 14, 2011, 11:46:29 AM »
Phahaahah, nice one Schip! This just makes me want to read more. :D

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #199 on: August 14, 2011, 12:52:18 PM »
Umm Laurie I think your GPS might be broken.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #200 on: August 14, 2011, 07:33:52 PM »
*blinks* Hi, Laurie! Are you lost?

VampirePlasma

« Reply #201 on: August 14, 2011, 07:39:05 PM »
Ha, a man skirt.  :P Can't wait to read more.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alieana4518

• Llama Wrangler
  • Isn't he a beauty? :)
« Reply #202 on: August 15, 2011, 12:31:56 AM »
Bwhahaha! What if the other "girls" are guys? -laughs some more-

I thought I posted here! I guess not. So I've been behind. Meh. I think I know what Leo is up to!!! And it's very sweet if it's what I think it is!
One day everything will make sense... On the way there, love like you'll never get hurt. -Erica Kohn

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #203 on: August 15, 2011, 09:26:13 AM »
Ha, a man skirt.  :P Can't wait to read more.

It's a Kilt and even the English Royal Family Males wear them.  :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #204 on: August 15, 2011, 09:45:14 AM »
It's a Kilt and even the English Royal Family Males wear them.  :P

Yes, the kilt has a long and proud history.  The guy who cuts my hair has recently discovered his Scots heritage and has started wearing a kilt.  And I've suddenly started needing much more frequent haircuts!  Because I think kilts are sooo sexy ...  :D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #205 on: August 15, 2011, 09:59:12 AM »
Chapter Twenty-Nine

Marigold turns and stares in astonishment at the man who's just entered the room.  She says:  You're Laurie?  But you're not a girl!
Laurie:  How good of you to notice.
Sunflower:  I'm sorry, Marigold, but I have to go to work.  The carpool's waiting.  You'll have to deal with this.  By the way, I sent the other students off to their Charisma class.

Marigold:  We thought Laurie was a girl!  Why do you have a girl's name?  Is that your real name?
Laurie:  Yes, it is my real name, and no, it isn't a girl's name.  Laurie, short for Laurence.  But the only one who calls me Laurence is my mother.  And you are Marigold Flowers.  They told me you're the best painting teacher around and that you're also a handiness expert who can fix anything.  But they forgot to mention how beautiful you are.
Marigold:  You can't stay here.  This is a girls' school!  We don't take male students!
Laurie:  Gender discrimination?  In this day and age?  How very Sims2.  Haven't we moved beyond that sort of nonsense?

Marigold:  Are you telling me I'm out of date?
Laurie:  Oh, I don't mind.  I like an old-fashioned sort of girl.

Marigold is beginning to feel quite flustered.  She doesn't know how to respond to Laurie's banter.  Helplessly, she asks:  Well, why do you want to come to a finishing school?
Laurie:  The first thing I wanted to do when I finished school was to travel.  I don't show my wish panel to just anyone, but look - a wish to travel to Champs les Sims, worth 2250 happiness points.  But my parents said that before going to a foreign country, I needed to learn Charisma so I'd be able to befriend the locals.  And that I should also learn how to cook for myself.  And your school is quite famous, you know.  They say that one week in your school gives Sims more skills than most Sims can learn in 2 or 3 weeks on their own.  So naturally I decided to come here.

Marigold:  You're going to travel?  Oh, I've always wanted to travel!
Laurie:  So why haven't you?
Marigold sighs:  My sister and I lived with our older brother and sisters, who would never have allowed it.  Then when they died, Sunflower and I were old and broke.  And now it's too late.  Grim will be coming for me soon.
Laurie:  That's so sad!  But maybe Grim won't come right away, you might still have a lot of time.
Marigold:  I don't know.  Grim said he'd be back soon.  But I have a picture of the pyramids in my room, and every night I go to sleep imagining that I'm sleeping in a tent in the desert and that I'll wake up and go exploring the next tomb.
Laurie:  Have you ever wanted to visit the Nectary in France?  Imagine sampling all the different vintages and crushing grapes to make your very own nectar ...

Lost in their conversation, neither one notices the passage of time until they hear the other students returning from their Charisma class.

Laurie:  So can I stay?
Marigold:  Oh ... I guess so.  But you can't share a room with a girl.  You'll have to move in with Leo.  Get him to help you move the bed over to his apartment.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

CarlosLordofTacos

Re: The Flowers waiting for Grim - chapter 29
« Reply #206 on: August 15, 2011, 10:06:26 AM »
Hmm, so the ladies like kilts you say? I better, ah, embrace my culture a little bit more then lol.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #207 on: August 15, 2011, 10:18:19 AM »
Hmm... This update pretty much made me believe in my theory. Hmm...
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #208 on: August 15, 2011, 11:06:49 AM »
Well, okay then! I hope he fits in nicely.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #209 on: August 15, 2011, 01:05:09 PM »
It's too bad Marigold can't travel to Scotland. For a great description of a man in a kilt, see Diana Gabaldon's Outlander. I can't give you the page number; you might just have to read it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.