Author Topic: The Flowers waiting for Grim - Completed  (Read 88450 times)

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
Re: The Flowers waiting for Grim - chapter 34: A "Private" Discussion
« Reply #270 on: October 11, 2011, 05:15:46 PM »
That was hilarious! It's back! Yay, it's bac- *silence* Sorry... Just dancing happily.

Offline chrissie

• Townie
« Reply #271 on: October 12, 2011, 05:48:32 AM »
Yay! My favourite story is back! So sorry to hear of you troubles, I look forward to more fun and games.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #272 on: October 13, 2011, 03:05:04 PM »
I'm glad to see this story has come back. (with a hilarious comeback to boot) Good luck with the rest of the story.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #273 on: October 15, 2011, 10:27:23 AM »
Chapter Thirty-Five

Wednesday. 
Sunflower, watching through the upstairs window, sees Leo heading out on his motorcycle early in the morning. 

She suspects he's going to see a woman, and wonders who it is.  Between us, Sunflower is right.  Leo has yet another appointment with Judy Bunch.

Leo's absence means Imogen misses out on her Martial Arts lesson.  She practices on the training dummy by herself.

Joyce and Kay, whose clothes are still not right, work on their Logic skill.

Laurie doesn't see any need to learn Gardening, but it's part of the curriculum so he listens patiently to Sunflower's tutoring.

The house was so messed up with all the missing store stuff that I didn't even try to replicate it all.  So the living room got a new look:

Well, I think that's why they redecorated.  Or maybe it was because Sunflower is still worried that Leo might go live with Saltypaws (in Las Vegas) and is hoping that making this place look vaguely Vegas-like, she can prevent him from leaving.

The next post will be about Thursday evening's dance, when the answers to the scavenger hunt will be revealed.  In case you've forgotten this week's clues, here they are:

1.  Check me out!  'Ave no fear!  I'm 'armless!
2.  Keep out!  I'se watching you.  This is mine!
3.  A marsh in a muddle.

Remember, we're playing in Sunset Valley, so all these clues refer to things that can be found in SV.  Studying the SV Trivia Thread may be helpful.  Good luck, everyone!  And as always, if you think you know the answers, please don't post them yet.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: The Flowers waiting for Grim - chapter 35
« Reply #274 on: October 15, 2011, 11:41:56 AM »
Yay, another update! I have no idea what the items are. ???

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #275 on: October 15, 2011, 12:18:14 PM »
Hmm. I have a theory for one of them, but these hints are much more difficult.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #276 on: October 15, 2011, 12:22:03 PM »
Thanks for the comments MoonsAreBlue and Audren.  I just got an email that my Pets pre-order has shipped, so I'm hoping to get busy with this story and get the rest of it completed before the EP arrives.  Because I don't want to take the chance on having my game messed up again by the EP or the patch that will likely come with it!  After the fiasco with the Pets demo, I'm feeling very cautious.   :P

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #277 on: October 15, 2011, 12:23:02 PM »
Thanks for the comments MoonsAreBlue and Audren.  I just got an email that my Pets pre-order has shipped, so I'm hoping to get busy with this story and get the rest of it completed before the EP arrives.  Because I don't want to take the chance on having my game messed up again by the EP or the patch that will likely come with it!  After the fiasco with the Pets demo, I'm feeling very cautious.   :P

Are we really that close to the end? I knew it was coming, but it does make me kind of sad.  :-\

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #278 on: October 15, 2011, 01:19:08 PM »
Are we really that close to the end? I knew it was coming, but it does make me kind of sad.  :-\

Yes, the end is in sight.  Mainly because of the aging bug I got hit with a while back that resulted in one of the girls - I think it was Marigold - winding up older than she was supposed to be.  I don't want to take the chance on my plans for the story being derailed by Grim's premature return, so we need to move on to the denouement before that happens.  And, as I said, I'd like to wrap up this story before installing Pets.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #279 on: October 16, 2011, 05:36:44 AM »
Noooooooooooooo!  It can't end!  Feed her ambrosia!  Buy her a fountain.  Create a potion!  Anything but ending!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #280 on: October 16, 2011, 12:29:48 PM »
Please don't let it end! Just... I don't know, figure out if it causes problems for other simmers? Don't let it end!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #281 on: August 03, 2012, 12:15:14 PM »
I'm sorry for the long delay in updating this story.  It's almost finished and I do intend to finish it, if my game will cooperate.  I tried recently to play it again and the game crashed, wiping out everything I'd done.  But I will try again.  Thanks for your patience.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #282 on: August 03, 2012, 12:35:03 PM »
Yay! I'm sorry your game isn't cooperating, but I'm glad you're coming back to this!  ;D

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #283 on: August 03, 2012, 12:49:20 PM »
Thanks, Audren.  I'm glad someone is still interested in the long-neglected Flowers story.

Now, while we're on the subject of updates, how's A coming with the Mole story? 

Sorry, I know that's totally off topic here.  Shame on me!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #284 on: August 03, 2012, 12:52:59 PM »
Thanks, Audren.  I'm glad someone is still interested in the long-neglected Flowers story.

Now, while we're on the subject of updates, how's A coming with the Mole story? 

Sorry, I know that's totally off topic here.  Shame on me!

It's going well. I took some screenshots an hour ago or so. I'd PM you about it, but it's secret.  :P (We can continue this in PM if you're interested)

anything