Author Topic: New SP: The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff  (Read 31171 times)

Leto85

Re: New SP: The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2011, 05:39:18 PM »
Here are the thoughts of basicly every teenager about their school... :)

Haha, Joria is not a teenager anymore, but I'm sure you are right about that.

Ps. You're right on my tail on posting I see. :)

Offline StamperCat

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2011, 02:16:04 AM »
I have replaced the old community lots with the new ones, but I can't figure out the right classification for the new Cafe. So I went to see how the Bistro default one is classified, but can't figure that out either as it defaults to "Dive Bar" and then tells me it has a special building on it and I need to remove the building in order for it to work right. Anyone else got it placed with the right classification?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2011, 03:01:54 AM »
I have replaced the old community lots with the new ones, but I can't figure out the right classification for the new Cafe. So I went to see how the Bistro default one is classified, but can't figure that out either as it defaults to "Dive Bar" and then tells me it has a special building on it and I need to remove the building in order for it to work right. Anyone else got it placed with the right classification?

Set it to "Visitors Allowed" and it should work.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2011, 05:28:56 AM »

That Dive Bar functionallity must have been added after Late Night, isn't it? I also would recommend 'Visitors Allowed' as I thought that was the default setting.

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2011, 01:20:11 AM »
I'm a bit disappointed that rabbit holes will be rabbit holes again but that cafe is so cool looking it might be worth buying just because of it!  :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2011, 04:10:04 AM »
As for the rabbit holes still being rabbit holes, EA didn't say that they would be anything different.  Please keep in mind that this is just a Stuff Pack.  If they were to change the rabbit holes into something our Sims could enter, it would mean major programming changes to the game.  That's simply not going to happen with a Stuff Pack.  A stuff pack is exactly what it says...  stuff.  Only an Expansion Pack would even have a possibility of changes like this, and even then it's not a guarantee.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2011, 08:08:20 AM »
As for the rabbit holes still being rabbit holes, EA didn't say that they would be anything different.  Please keep in mind that this is just a Stuff Pack.  If they were to change the rabbit holes into something our Sims could enter, it would mean major programming changes to the game.  That's simply not going to happen with a Stuff Pack.  A stuff pack is exactly what it says...  stuff.  Only an Expansion Pack would even have a possibility of changes like this, and even then it's not a guarantee.

Yes, that's why I was surprised when I've read about those 'walkin' buildings: They really did that in a stuff pack?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2011, 06:15:33 PM »
Now I finally have all SPs (Got Outdoor too!) and will do a review once my patch is done installing (rules for Immortal Dynasty... Otherwise, I don't think I would... but I have saves backed up! ;))

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2011, 06:28:29 PM »
I got Disc Authorization fail after updating... Is my game toasted?  :'(
Before updating, everything was working fine!

Leto85

« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2011, 03:15:47 PM »
I got Disc Authorization fail after updating... Is my game toasted?  :'(
Before updating, everything was working fine!

Perhaps you don't have to use a disc from the last installed Stuff Pack, but the last installed expansion pack? But I'm not sure about it. I had that once, but my last installment is Generations.

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2011, 04:28:54 PM »
I don't have the original, as The Sims aren't available in my country... I reinstalled and am having a different problem right now... I'll tell everybody what happens in the patch thread! ;)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2011, 02:59:18 AM »
I know this is an old thread, just wanted to share something. I just found out tonight I won't be able to go to my bf's house for New Years, and my sister said it would be ok, she would buy me some alcohol to cheer me up. I said how about buying me Town Life instead because it's the only pack I don't have? She walked to my computer and told me to go to the website. I opened Origin, and she bought it for me. My big sister is the best! It's downloading now!!  ;D

loveSims

« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2011, 03:36:22 AM »
That is so awesome Esther! There are nice clothes and hairstyles and the buldings are very cute. Enjoy it!

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2011, 10:31:20 AM »
Awesome! Town Life beats Alcohol, anyday! ( I can't speak from experience, though. :P )
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Leto85

« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2011, 10:46:04 AM »
I know this is an old thread, just wanted to share something. I just found out tonight I won't be able to go to my bf's house for New Years, and my sister said it would be ok, she would buy me some alcohol to cheer me up. I said how about buying me Town Life instead because it's the only pack I don't have? She walked to my computer and told me to go to the website. I opened Origin, and she bought it for me. My big sister is the best! It's downloading now!!  ;D

Aaah, that's awesome for you man! Now you have more sims stuff than I do. As I don't have Town Life Stuff yet.
I'm waiting for the next expansion, as I hope this one will be for sale or for free, in combination with the next expansion.