Author Topic: Can't take photographs and the sim freezes  (Read 26691 times)

Mikaila

Can't take photographs and the sim freezes
« on: June 05, 2011, 01:58:09 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have a problem.

When my Sim tries to take a photograph he can't and also he freezes and the only thing I can do is reset him. I tried all the cameras but it does the same thing. It all started with the new expantion, I think. Even with the new patch the problem remains.
Could you help me? I even tried to go back in Egypt but nothing changes. Do you think I should move my family in another house?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Can't take photographs and the sim freezes
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 02:05:18 PM »
I've been reading that a few players in the Photography Challenge are having similar issues. I'm assuming that this was a Sim created pre-Generations? I have not read about players in the challenge having problems that created their files post-expansion. Not 100% on that, but it seems that the bug is affecting existing files.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Mikaila

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 02:12:49 PM »
Yes my Sim is from an old file. This is terrible news. I don't want to start again because I have several full skills. Do you know if they tried to move the family? What if I save the family in the families box and start again? I know I would lose all their friendships buy I should not lose their skills or other things, right?

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
Re: Can't take photographs and the Sim freezes
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 03:12:38 PM »

Hi Mikaila and welcome to the forum.  I am having almost the same problems as you are except my Sim does not freeze but the action does.  This is happening with my Sims created before and after Generations.  My Sim takes a picture and the action freezes - the action in the upper left hand corner.  Canceling the action does no good and I have to reset my Sim.

I have noticed it has affected some players on the official forum too but no solution has yet to be found.  

@Metro, I will be turning in my score today for the Photograph challenge as I just found out that starting from scratch does not help the issue either.  My newly created Sim has the same problems :(.  
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Mikaila

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 03:28:07 PM »
Thank you mtglady.

Maybe I didn't explain clearly but what's happening to me is what happened to you.
"My Sim takes a picture and the action freezes - the action in the upper left hand corner.  Canceling the action does no good and I have to reset my Sim. "

Your answer is a relief. So the only thing I can do is to wait for a new patch or something like that since this bug is affecting also the newly created Sims.
I wonder if someone told the EA of this problem. It's really a pity because I liked taking photos.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Can't take photographs and the Sim freezes
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 03:51:29 PM »
@Metro, I will be turning in my score today for the Photograph challenge as I just found out that starting from scratch does not help the issue either.  My newly created Sim has the same problems :(.  

That's quite a bummer to hear. I recommend you waiting as long as you can in hopes a patch will be released in the next couple weeks. I know that's wishful thinking, but you never know. Needless to say, you're free to start over if you wish. Sorry to hijack your thread, Mikalia. ;)

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 02:09:15 PM »
Same problem here - I moved my family out of Bridgeport (constant freezes - force quitting) to Sunset Valley and tried taking photos.  It does not even name what I am trying to photograph and after trying again it doesn't do anything.  Just sits up on the top left.  I also had to reset my sim.  I tried again and the game froze and had to force quit.  Hopefully EA will have these glitches fixed sooner rather than later.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 02:48:11 PM »
I have the same problem. >:( The good news is that it only happens with the two higher quality level ones and I can still use the disposable one. :) I really hope EA fixes this problem!
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Eillie

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 02:56:44 PM »
Having the exact same photography issues and I'm just sick about it...it was my sims source of income and I loved taking memory photos...but it has to do with the latest update, not Generations, because I downloaded the new update Friday nite and all the problems started...I do not have Generations...I uninstalled my game and all the expansions, Ambitions, World Adventures, and Nite Life and reloaded and the same thing on 2 different computers...I tried not to download the latest update after reinstalling, but they wouldn't let me download Late Nite until installing the last update...I emailed EA about the problem...and have not heard back as yet...I really hope there is a patch for this, because it has taken alot of fun out of the game for me and my friends...

Dan Folino

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 11:52:55 AM »
I've been having the same problem.  I tried contacting EA.  This is what I got back, which was no help at all.

---

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I do apologize for the issues you have been experiencing with The Sims 3. As a gamer myself, I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. I have been assigned to your issue, and would be happy to assist you in this matter.

I do apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused, but the question you submitted seems to be related to the mechanics of playing the game. Due to the high volume of contacts we receive, Customer Support is only able to assist with issues related to billing and accounts and of a technical nature, such as error messages, game lock-ups, or game crashes. For suggestions on how to play or utilize features of our games, we recommend visiting the game's message board forum. You can reach the main forums web site for EA games at http://forums.ea.com. From that page you can select the game you have a question about. Other players are often the best resource for game play questions, and chances are good your question has already been mentioned. If not, you can post the question, and should receive answers shortly thereafter.

If you find that your question is not being addressed on the game's message board forum, there are other online resources to try. Web sites such as www.gamespy.com and www.ign.com have reviews and information on almost every game, and www.gamefaqs.com has walkthroughs for most games currently available*.

Another option for game play help is to try the official game guide for the title in question. While not every game has an official game guide, most of the more prominent ones do. One of the leading publishers of strategy guides is Prima, you can find their website at http://www.primagames.com/. Their guides can also be found at most video game retailers.

----

It took three days for them to respond to my question.  I'm guessing that we are just going to have to wait for a patch and hope for the best.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 01:57:04 PM »
I hate to say this, but I started with a new Sim, got her a cheap camera, and the photography glitch that had plagued my previous Sim got her as well. I don't have Generations, just the update.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 12:27:22 AM »
I am definitely not happy to hear this.  I use photography more often than I use most other skills.  While I'd like to get memories and all of the other neat little things that go with it, I won't be downloading this patch until they fix this.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 04:51:28 PM »
The photography bug seems to "spread" to more than photography. I was trying to achieve the Great Explorer Lifetime wish, and I do like the camera. Someone on the Sims 3 forum suggested that the cheaper camera might work at home after you moved, so I got another camera but didn't use it in China. Anyway, my Sim returned, did not have any more money than when she left, and worse, could not interact with her husband and child, nor could they interact with each other.

I uninstalled, reinstalled, and started over. I have the base game, World Adventures, Ambitions, and the patch. The only CC I had came from the Sims 3 store, and until I started having problems and had to use "resetsim" I did not use any cheats. I don't plan to travel again until after another patch.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 04:04:56 AM »
I had the same problem and so I don't let my sim take photos anymore. However, while she was asleep her memories said she had reached level 5 of the photography skill, though her skill bar only showed level 1.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 06:05:25 AM »
This doesn't appear to be directly related to Generations, so I'm moving it to Miscellaneous Help.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."