Author Topic: READ THIS FIRST - Rules for Stories Updated 12/2021  (Read 193411 times)

Offline mald1983

• Nooboo
Re: READ THIS FIRST - Rules for Stories
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2013, 05:36:06 PM »
Thanks for the clarification, Schipperke.  I was a little worried about the whole "couch potato has already been used in the Man Dynasty" issue, especially since I'm not planning it for the same reasons as in the Man Dynasty.  Also, I've read so many of the dynasties that I can't remember all of the stories that gave me little ideas to use for mine.  I'm not planning to "steal" anyone's original content, but it's not that easy to avoid copying similar content (especially since it's a norm to get at least one utility sim).

I understand the purpose behind the limitations for the gallery site, and I agree behind it.  Having been an avid fan of online forums for over a decade (am I really that old already?), I know it doesn't take long to get the post count up.  I am just one of those people who reads the forums and gets to know its unique qualities before posting anything myself.  I've been known to spend months reading different topic boards before posting anything myself in order to ensure that I follow forum rules precisely.  However, I love the purpose behind online forums, and I passed that on to my college students by having them learn the purpose behind research projects by focusing on how community works and utilizing online forums to prove their points on community.

I do feel more at ease about the ten posts rule.  Though I have the idea for my first ID challenge chapter and the beginning of my ID story, I still need to draft it and work a little more on it.  However, while waiting on a response (which was fast, btw, so thanks!), I did find another topic that I just can't wait to respond on.  I'm really excited to get involved in this community.  I've been a member of the EA forum for TS3 for years, but it's not really great for discussing the different aspects of TS3.  I have found that I rarely post on the TS3 site unless it's to follow up on a tech discussion or to post a tech issue such as a glitch or a severe issue (like the fact that the recent simpoints glitch just drained 240 from my bank account temporarily...but that's another topic for another area).  I've never added friends on the ts3 forum simply because I never saw the need.  At least, not until the "send gift to a friend" option popped up on the in-game mailbox or until I got Showtime and the SimPort option.  Now, I regret not adding more friends.

But out of all the ts3 sites I've encountered, this is by far my favorite and has been bookmarked on my browser.  I even have it saved as a bookmark on my Samsung Galaxy and I have been known to read completed ID stories at work via my phone during slow times.  I'm starting to love the forum, too!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2013, 02:53:01 AM »
As far as Dynasties are concerned I think there is a difference between strategy and storyline. For example say you had a sim with the exact same traits and Lifetime Want - I doubt anyone would mind that. Yet if you give that sim the exact same backstory and theme, for example the most unique stories I can think of immediately are Hazelnut's Life State's Dynasty for the amazing backstory and also Ricalynn's Grim Dynasty for the plot of the Reapers and the Dolls against each other etc. Also anything that's EA is basically free-for-all, nobody can claim an EA Sim etc. as their own idea. If you are ever in doubt that someone might complain you can ask them first or take the idea to someone else and ask if they think it is too similar or not.

But out of all the ts3 sites I've encountered, this is by far my favorite and has been bookmarked on my browser.  I even have it saved as a bookmark on my Samsung Galaxy and I have been known to read completed ID stories at work via my phone during slow times.  I'm starting to love the forum, too!

Have you seen this thread? If you share your username in that thread then people will know you belong to our forum as well and most likely accept you - send me a friend request and I'll be happy to share any gifts etc. My username is the same there as here.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2013, 04:30:02 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, mald1983.

I'll make an exception for you regarding the Gallery.  Go ahead and register and I'll approve it.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2013, 04:43:05 AM »
Have you seen this thread? If you share your username in that thread then people will know you belong to our forum as well and most likely accept you - send me a friend request and I'll be happy to share any gifts etc. My username is the same there as here.  :)

You seem to be missing something in your post. ;)

The thread Samoht is talking about is here. :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2013, 11:03:43 AM »
You seem to be missing something in your post. ;)

The thread Samoht is talking about is here. :)

Lol, was in a rush this morning and I was distracted by something else so must have forgotten the link! :P Thanks Seabody!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline mald1983

• Nooboo
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2013, 09:22:14 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, mald1983.

I'll make an exception for you regarding the Gallery.  Go ahead and register and I'll approve it.  :)

Thanks, Pam!  I'll register right away!

As my username, it is the same on the other site, but I'll head to the thread and check it out.  Thanks everyone!

Offline Fuzzle139

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2013, 05:44:18 PM »
Quick question. In regards to rule number three: would having a sim go through gender-identity issues break this rule? Such as realizing that, 'hey, maybe I'm not a really odd woman. I'm a gay man in a woman's body' type of thing. Character development. Wanna know this BEFORE I get a personality down for this particular sim. xD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2013, 12:54:23 AM »
Quick question. In regards to rule number three: would having a sim go through gender-identity issues break this rule? Such as realizing that, 'hey, maybe I'm not a really odd woman. I'm a gay man in a woman's body' type of thing. Character development. Wanna know this BEFORE I get a personality down for this particular sim. xD

My advice would be to stay away from such a story line.  Thank you for asking first.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2013, 04:42:46 PM »
Could you use something like death in a back story if you basically skirt how it happens, or tell it in a round about way?
Telling it and how it happened without truly telling it?

~Anna

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2013, 04:50:59 PM »
It depends on the type of death.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Fuzzle139

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2013, 04:32:58 PM »
My advice would be to stay away from such a story line.  Thank you for asking first.  :)

Alrighty. =) Still want to keep the character, so I'll edit the story to be more of a 'she learns that she doesn't have to be the "typical" woman' type of thing before I post it.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2013, 09:57:37 PM »
Hello, Pam.

I want to ask you something. It is okay to create a tragic story? Well, I do have more idea for these kind of stories instead making a happy one and I really love writing this one. I just want to know, if this kind of story was approved. What kind of restriction for making one kind of the story like that?

I want to create this kind of story in the future and I appreciate if you can tell me what do you think. So, I can still stick to the rules. Thank you again, Pam.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2013, 01:29:35 AM »
Hello, Pam.

I want to ask you something. It is okay to create a tragic story? Well, I do have more idea for these kind of stories instead making a happy one and I really love writing this one. I just want to know, if this kind of story was approved. What kind of restriction for making one kind of the story like that?

I want to create this kind of story in the future and I appreciate if you can tell me what do you think. So, I can still stick to the rules. Thank you again, Pam.

As long as there is no violence, sexual content, or adult themes, it should be ok.  A story can be sad without being violent.  Perhaps you can send me a private message with more details. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Chry

• Nooboo
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2013, 07:22:58 PM »
Hello, I was just wondering if an ISBI challenge story would fit in the Legacy board? Or is an ISBI legacy not allowed on the forums? :)
Thank you.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2013, 08:54:25 PM »
Hello, I was just wondering if an ISBI challenge story would fit in the Legacy board? Or is an ISBI legacy not allowed on the forums? :)
Thank you.
An ISBI challenge would be allowed on the forums but since it isn't a legacy you would post it in the miscellaneous stories board.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

anything