Author Topic: READ THIS FIRST - Rules for Stories Updated 12/2021  (Read 193321 times)

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: READ THIS FIRST - Rules for Stories
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2013, 02:54:48 PM »
Is it all right to use CC in stories? (Without a link to the site?)

After reading several of the stories here, I'm really looking forward to starting my own... but I tend to use quite a bit of CAS and build CC objects.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2013, 03:00:24 PM »
Definitely. Plenty of users here use it in their stories with no issues, myself included.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2013, 03:07:55 PM »
Thanks for the swift reply :).

Offline legitpicklegirl10

• Emerson G.
  • Townie
  • Lips Enthusiast
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2013, 06:05:38 PM »
I want to start a Legacy Story, but I dont know how to put the pictures on there. When I click the "Insert picture" button, it just says random things. Pam, can you please help?
Have you noticed that I'm kind of insane when it comes to genetics?

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2013, 06:59:53 PM »
I want to start a Legacy Story, but I dont know how to put the pictures on there. When I click the "Insert picture" button, it just says random things. Pam, can you please help?

There are instructions for registering for the free Forum gallery, and how to post pictures, in this thread.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2013, 07:10:08 PM »

Welcome to the forum!   First thing you need to know about pictures is to upload them to a hosting website like the forum's gallery or photobucket.

Complete instructions for posting using the gallery can be found here :   http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,2881.0.html
Complete instructions for posting using photobucket:   http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21.0

Let us know if you need any more help.   Also if you want you can always send me a private message and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline legitpicklegirl10

• Emerson G.
  • Townie
  • Lips Enthusiast
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2013, 07:17:25 PM »
Thanks for the help! I'll try to use photobucket or the gallery to start my Legacy! Wish me luck! @Ricalynn @fortheloveofcake
Have you noticed that I'm kind of insane when it comes to genetics?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jaaaaks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2013, 10:11:24 PM »
Out of curiosity, how 'adult content' would a story about a sim trying to achieve the 'man-eater' status be?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2013, 10:20:53 PM »
Out of curiosity, how 'adult content' would a story about a sim trying to achieve the 'man-eater' status be?

It depends on how you present it.  This might be something that you should explain and get approval from Pam about though. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Jaaaaks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2013, 10:23:51 PM »
Okay, thanks :)

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2013, 10:53:24 AM »
Very sorry if I am missing something.  I have an idea for a challenge that I'd like to set myself over several generations.  Do I need to post the rules I've made up somewhere for approval?
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2013, 10:55:46 AM »
Very sorry if I am missing something.  I have an idea for a challenge that I'd like to set myself over several generations.  Do I need to post the rules I've made up somewhere for approval?

Is it a personal challenge or just a challenge you're doing for yourself?  If it's just for you, don't need to post the rules if you don't want to and you can put the story under Miscellaneous.    If you want it to be a project that anyone can do, those rules have to be submitted to Metro & Pam for approval and then once approved it would be a part of the Projects board.

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2013, 11:32:37 AM »
Thanks, Rica.
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline mald1983

• Nooboo
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2013, 04:14:23 PM »
7. All stories must be the author's original content.  No copying or plagiarism of others' plot lines will be allowed.

I have a question about this rule.  I understand the purpose behind this rule, specifically with its function to prevent plagiarism.  However, I am concerned because of how easy it is to accidentally plagiarize someone else's story.  For example, I plan to have most (if not all) of my heirs in my ID have the "couch potato" trait, which is heavily done because of its practicality.  However, I know that the Man dynasty focused on this trait for nearly every generation.  Do I have to ask for the creator's permission to do something similar?  Also, nearly every Dynasty has the same set of supermax skills for heirs. Do we have to ask for permission to do the same supermax skills that someone else used?  I know that we can't avoid accidentally using some of the same set ups, but what exactly is the rule for this?

(An example: a lot of dynasties set in SV have the founder befriending Agnes and getting her to move in right away before moving on to woo-ing Christopher Steele.  Do they ask for permission to do this or is it an accepted set up due to its continued use?)

A second question I have is about Carl's Art Gallery.  I looked into the rules established to use the gallery, and I noticed that it isn't allowed for members with less than ten posts.  I don't have the ten posts, but I have read through many dynasty stories and I'm ready to post my first chapter.  I have pictures to add to my post, but not the necessary post numbers.  Though I understand the rules for the gallery, I really don't want to start spamming the boards in order to get my post count up.  Is the minimum post requirement for the gallery still in place?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2013, 04:44:24 PM »
Mald, the plagiarism rule refers specifically to plot lines (ie, copying the content of someone else's story).  We all base our stories on the Sims 3, which has a limited number of traits, skills, etc, so it is inevitable that some of those things will be repeated in the various stories.  You don't need to ask permission to use whatever supermax skills you want.  As for the couch potato trait and your concern that it might be similar to the Man Dynasty, it really depends on how you choose to write the story.  If you write a story that is noticeably based on or taking ideas from someone else's story, that wouldn't be acceptable.  If you write an original story that is clearly your own creation, you're fine.  If you're uncertain, there's nothing wrong with sending a pm to the creator of the original story explaining what you want to do and asking if they have a problem with it. 

I'm not sure about the rule for the Gallery.  I believe it does require a minimum number of posts, simply because we want to be sure that the people signing up are actually members who intend to be part of the forum and aren't just joining the Gallery for other purposes.  It shouldn't take too long for you to reach 10 posts or whatever it is - it's easy to reach that number without feeling you're "spamming" the forum. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests