Author Topic: New Premium Content: Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells  (Read 21576 times)

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
Re: New Premium Item at the EA Sims Store that Grants Additional Gameplay
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 05:00:36 PM »
I want this!!! It looks awesome and hopefully EA will expand on it too  ;D
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 05:02:53 PM »
Just a question for those who already have this set. Is the "Cursed" moodlet the one Sims get after being cursed by a mummy?
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 09:57:43 PM »
Where'd you get the library? I can't find it anywhere?
(I mean the in-game library.)
Formerly Simstar3

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 10:16:30 PM »

Do you mean where can you kind the library in content? Go to town edit and it's in community lots and it's called 2.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 03:26:35 AM »
This sounds cool and a bit unfair at the same time. Unfair because some people don't have enough simpoints. But still, glad to see magic return. :)

No no no.  No discussion about it being unfair.  We've already gone through that in other threads.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 03:55:17 AM »
No no no.  No discussion about it being unfair.  We've already gone through that in other threads.

Oh, okay. I'm sorry. :-[
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 04:38:28 AM »
Oh, okay. I'm sorry. :-[

No harm done.  Just please don't talk about things that are for sale being unfair...  on any thread.  If someone doesn't have the simpoints, then they don't get to buy it.  Nothing unfair about it.  We don't need these kinds of pointless discussions.  I appreciate your cooperation.  I really do.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 05:28:08 AM »

I think I've find out what you mean Simstar. Click here to go directly to your post about it and scroll down to my last post before this one.

[Link is not working.  -Pam]

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 05:33:34 AM »
It sounds cool enough but like Pallyndrome said, just not cool enough! (okay that's a little contradictory..) I like the library, though! Yey for more gothic style things. And I also think this may be a little hint to a new magic-themed EP sometime soon... ;)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 05:37:09 AM »
It sounds cool enough but like Pallyndrome said, just not cool enough! (okay that's a little contradictory..) I like the library, though! Yey for more gothic style things. And I also think this may be a little hint to a new magic-themed EP sometime soon... ;)

Knowing EA, we'll get real magic no sooner than the 10th expansion pack in 2014. I refer to this as a "test". Like, if people buy and like this (which they do not so far), it'll be the base of the TS3 magic. If they do not (which most of us do), EA will tweak a few things and they have plenty of time to do so.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 10:29:53 AM »
I agree with you pallyndrome. It sounded awesome the first ten seconds, but then I realized that there were only five spells and that these weren't so great. For instance, the "Enchant" spell will only work on the spellbook; it would be cooler if other objects could be enchanted (and it is not hard to do, there are already animations for ghost haunting household items).

I also disliked the fact that Spellcasting is not a skill and you cannot receive rewards or keep track of your progress and spells in the journal. Also I've heard that children animations are not included, so you may end up with stretchy children if you cast spells on them. :(

This was a good idea, but it could have been (a lot) better. I just hope they add magic in a later EP, like they did with Apartment Life.

Yes, it's only 5 spells, but it's 5 more spells than we had before.  And if you really think about it, that's a decent accomplishment considering that they did it without adding an expansion pack.  Perhaps the spells aren't so great, but you can only do so much by adding a single item to the game.  Anything more would require all new game mechanics.

And since children can't use the spellbook, I assumed that you wouldn't be able cast spells on them either.  It wouldn't be the first thing in The Sims that children were excluded from.  Have you actually tried this, or is this just something you've heard?
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Leto85

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 12:19:11 PM »
Knowing EA, we'll get real magic no sooner than the 10th expansion pack in 2014. I refer to this as a "test". Like, if people buy and like this (which they do not so far), it'll be the base of the TS3 magic. If they do not (which most of us do), EA will tweak a few things and they have plenty of time to do so.

Magic has been the last expansion after both sims 1 and 2, so I think Chronic is right. I've got the feeling EA was testing with things before already so this wouldn't probably be the last time they do that.

tycoon333

Magic Skill?
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2011, 08:41:30 PM »
Recently EA released a online "stuff pack" Gothique Library. There is supposed to be some item included that gives a magic skill or something to that effect. Is the magic skill a full skill or some skill like snake charming?

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
Re: Magic Skill?
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 09:09:41 PM »
There's hidden skills related with magic. You can't see them, but you get eventually better at Magic by Reviewing it from the Goth Spellbook. By 'better' at magic, I mean your spells backfire less often.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Magic Skill?
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2011, 05:44:05 AM »
As Execution noted, this is a new hidden skill, currently only available with this store item. As far as I know, you can only practice this if you have the "Makin' Magic" moodlet, which lasts for three hours.

anything