Author Topic: Spending the Night in Jail  (Read 62253 times)

Leto85

Re: Spending the Night in Jail
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2011, 10:54:58 AM »
Just to point out, I think a higher Athletic skill reduces the chances of your sims getting arrested.

Although it sounds logical what you've said, it all depends on if someone see's you while stealing stuff.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2011, 10:38:58 AM »
I don't know if something like the Lucky trait would reduce the chance of an arrest happening.

Don't I wish.  My new IDC founder is in the criminal career, has the lucky trait, and was arrested twice before getting to level 3 in the career track.  :P
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LucreziaBorgia

• Nooboo
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2011, 02:08:58 PM »
Since the introduction of celebrities I find it impossible to play the criminal with all those negative moodlets from getting caught or rumors.
The only answer to your original post would be the LWR Vacationer, but the reward comes with some negative points. Proffesional Slacker is another option.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2011, 04:18:43 PM »
Higher athletics skill doesn't help at all.  My immortal dynasty founder has long since SuperMaxed it (she was half way to elder when she did) and still gets arrested at least every other week.  Neither does having the lucky trait, because as I said previously, she's had it since day one.  Likewise she has never selected the "Do a Side Job" option for work (only ever "Conspire with Accomplices" and "Suck up to Boss"), and has been arrested more than a dozen times since she started, and even got arrested after she hit level 10 in her career.

Edit:  And she's a 4 star celebrity.  I feel your pain.  :P

The higher in their career they get, the more often they bring home loot...and the more expensive that loot seems to get (I may be wrong on the last part).  Getting arrested on occasion is just one of those unavoidable, random occurrences like when doctors and police officers have to go back to work in the middle of the night for an emergency, and end up going to work the next day with their energy bar in the red.  I think any theorizing on how to minimize it is wishful thinking.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2011, 08:23:22 PM »
Going back to work after the police had left didn't work for me :( She went in to work, then promptly left again and turned herself in. She caught a cab to the police station :( I'm yet to find out if she will do this if I don't send her back to work.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2011, 11:56:14 AM »
I'm doing an experiment to see if traits have any effect on getting arrested while in the criminal career, I will post the results here in the next few days.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Leto85

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2011, 02:22:01 PM »
I'm doing an experiment to see if traits have any effect on getting arrested while in the criminal career, I will post the results here in the next few days.

That's interesting. Perhaps you could try the Lucky and Unlucky trait first. I wouldn't be surprised if those will have an influence. Absent Minded may be effective too, say it negatively for the sim.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2011, 07:49:37 PM »
I made a family with 8 sims, all with 4 traits that won't really influence the criminal career (excitable, dramatic, easily impressed, and neurotic). I gave two sims the evil trait, two the good trait, two the lucky trait, and two the unlucky trait. I have made needs static so that the only different factor between the sims is the trait they have.
I am going to play until all 8 sims have reached level 10 of the thief branch.
I am about halfway done, and have also come up with some info about the athletics skill challenges that I don't think I have read about on this forum or any other before.
Results soon to come.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Momi

• Nooboo
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2014, 11:57:19 AM »
I've found a way to escape jail on the sims wikia :)

"The arrested Sim can get out of jail when his bladder is low. The Sim in question will walk out of the jail and wet himself. But he won't go back in"

I have tested it and it worked.  ;D

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2014, 02:40:41 PM »
Wow, that's a great tip! Mind if I borrow?

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2015, 05:16:41 PM »
Sorry about the thread necromancy, but I have a question that I feel belongs in this thread as opposed to a new one.

Is there any way to increase the chances of my criminal Sim (currently level 3) going to jail?  I can't say much about why without spoiling the storyline I have planned for this Sim, but suffice it to say that her going to jail would definitely advance the storyline.  Thanks!

Offline AynaFae

• Nooboo
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2015, 05:57:30 PM »
I found a way to avoid it. When my sim started walking towards the cop car that was supposed to be arresting him I used the testingcheatsenabeled true and just deleted the cop car. Then I sent my Sim back to work. No problem!

anything