Author Topic: Photography Bug  (Read 7515 times)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Photography Bug
« on: July 26, 2011, 04:25:43 PM »
Ok, so I know when Generations originally came out, a lot of people were having bugs from the patch that was released at the same time. 1.22? Anyways, I never had any problems. Well, now I've just installed Patch 1.24; it corrupted my save, I restored it with a save in a different location on my computer, but NOW I'm getting this Photography bug. I'm doing an Immortal Dynasty and I want to include photographs, but whenever any sim takes a photograph, he freezes and I have to reset him. I had read that making sure no one in the household had an opportunity would allow a sim to take photographs, but this isn't working for me. My photographer is 110 days old and I would really like to get a photograph of my heir before the photographer dies. Thank goodness he's held out this long lol. Any ideas?

bshag

Re: Photography Bug
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 05:09:42 PM »
I'm so sorry Moons.  The patch has trashed one of my neighborhoods also.

The only thing I can suggest is taking photos with the cell phone as that still works.  I haven't been able to take a picture with a WA camera since Generations was released. :(  The patch did nothing yet that has corrected that.

Good Luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 06:17:54 PM »
Thanks. I might just have to do that. I'm going to try reinstalling and see if that does it. And I prob won't even download this new patch. It's caused me SO much more harm than good.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 01:29:10 AM »
Moonsareblue, have you tried clearing your caches? This might help too with the photo bug.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Frey

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 04:51:18 PM »
Cancelling opportunities was working fine for me before but not anymore, since yesterday. I have no idea what made the difference because I haven't installed anything new in my game, but now everytime my sim tries to take a picture the game won't recognize it as part of a collection. For example, yesterday I took her to the cemetery to work on the paranormal collection, and when she tried photographing the ghosts there, the game wouldn't "tag" the photographs as part of the paranormal collection. She could take pictures without freezing, but it was kind of useless. Oh, and sometimes when she finishes taking a picture, the action finishes but appears again without me ordering it.

Have you tried resetSim? I haven't tried myself because I got angry at the game yesterday and just closed it... but it may work.

EDIT: resetSim and closing the game actually fixed it. Now my Photography skill is working perfectly, even after accepting an opportunity. Hopefully it will stay fixed! (fingers crossed)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 08:39:01 AM »
Hmm.. It's looking like this Photography bug is working in very different ways for different games. I suppose I just have to hope I'm one of the lucky ones. Remember to backup your files, people!

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 05:38:23 PM »
I've been using reset but it doesn't help. When a sim takes a picture, the action is queued and it lets me set up the picture, but the sim never takes the picture and freezes as a result. I have to reset him before he can do anything else--cancelling the action doesn't do anything either.

Moonsareblue, have you tried clearing your caches? This might help too with the photo bug.

I cleared them and no luck. I try to keep them cleaned out and I found that after trying to get this patch working, my CompositorCache.package was huge but the SimCompositorCache.package was still small from when I had deleted them the day before. I don't know if that means anything though. I also don't know of any other files I could safely delete.

Hmm.. It's looking like this Photography bug is working in very different ways for different games. I suppose I just have to hope I'm one of the lucky ones. Remember to backup your files, people!

Funny thing, the file that I'm having the bug with is the one I had backed up pre-patch. And only after I loaded it (since the one in the game when I installed the patch was destroyed) did I start having the photography problem.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 02:30:07 AM »
Clearing cache is not always magical, sadly.

CompositorCache is said to be related to new objects for build/buy mode. Have you installed something? I have only a few sims3pack installed for the moment and my compositor cache is around 30Mb, for instance.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 02:05:04 PM »
Clearing cache is not always magical, sadly.

CompositorCache is said to be related to new objects for build/buy mode. Have you installed something? I have only a few sims3pack installed for the moment and my compositor cache is around 30Mb, for instance.

Ok. I guess it was from when I put my custom content back in after the patch. I'm starting my reinstall right now, so we'll see if that magically fixes the bug.  :-\

Faery Blossom

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 10:29:48 AM »
I installed sims3 with internet connection on, so it installed the patch,so i got the photography bug too.But my friend who installed with internet connection off did not install the patch, and his photography is working fine, so my guess is that its the patch that keeps us from doing the photography. Only way to get it back to normal is to uninstall, and install without internet connection, and to not update the game at all. Then it works perfectly. Its got nothing to do with the games itself. Just the patch and update. so ill be reinstalling now as well, as i love doing the photography. yay! Feel free to comment on this if you fixed your game this way, so we can confirm if it is the patch or not. Happy gaming!  :-*

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 11:31:51 AM »
I had trouble with the patch that came with Generations. I couldn't take photographs and my Sims would freeze; then other problems would develop. When the new patch came out, I patched up again. Since then, I've not had any problems (knock on plastic).
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 01:14:55 PM »
Marian I am glad that the latest patch solved the photography issue for you, but for me it didn't. It doesn't matter wheter it is a new sim or an old sim photography still refuses to work.

anything