Author Topic: Ghosts  (Read 15563 times)

Offline blulightin5

• Townie
Ghosts
« on: February 13, 2010, 03:42:32 PM »
I did learn something about them. When you have a couple of one human and one ghost, then get a child, the child looks like only one parent. If it is human, you will only see a resemblence to the human parent. The same goes vice versa. If you find out anything new, post it here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
Re: Ghosts
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 04:33:14 PM »
Are you certain about this? If so, it's new information to me! ;D
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline blulightin5

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 04:38:28 PM »
My sim had 3 children. 2 were human and 1 was a ghost. Both human childs looked like the human parent. The funny thing is that the parent is the dad and the children are girls. The 2 girls have no resemblence to their ghost mother.

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 06:34:26 PM »
While this may be true, it could also just be a result of sims bad gene mixing on occasion. They might have changed it up in a patch, but in the beginning of the game's existence, the offspring always looked like one parent or the other, not usually a mix of both.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline blulightin5

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 06:44:16 PM »
That may be true, but it seems to be true for a lot of people. Plus I think it chooses only one parent when there is a human and ghost. I've tested it with humans only, and there was always a resemblence between the child and both parents.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 08:00:16 PM »
They might have changed it up in a patch, but in the beginning of the game's existence, the offspring always looked like one parent or the other, not usually a mix of both.

They definitely mix the looks of both (human) parents now.  I've had many with dad's hair and mom's eyes or vice versa.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline blulightin5

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 08:11:25 PM »
When I had the ghost wife, my 2 human girls had the same sky blue eyes, sky blue hair and sky blue eyebrows as my sim. They didn't get anything from the ghost mother.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 10:40:36 PM »
I was going to start a new topic, BUT I don't need too! I created a guy and got together with a ghost and married her. They had triplet ghost babies. It is SO COOL!!!!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 11:10:58 PM »
Are the babies purple like their mother?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline blulightin5

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 11:26:25 PM »
When you have ghost babies, they are the same color as the ghost parent

Offline blulightin5

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 01:10:27 AM »
i'm trying to make a family that has 1 of each colored ghost.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 02:09:00 AM »
Are the babies purple like their mother?

yep! It's really funny!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 02:44:48 AM »
I noticed you've got the teddy bears on the floor.  Did you know that you can put them in the baby's inventory and she'll get a Cuddle Time moodlet for sleeping with it?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 03:53:27 AM »
No, I didn't know that! Thanks I'll have to try that!

Offline Tiberium_Glow

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 10:30:43 AM »
I noticed you've got the teddy bears on the floor.  Did you know that you can put them in the baby's inventory and she'll get a Cuddle Time moodlet for sleeping with it?

Sweet, I didn't know that, either. I'm planning on having one of my Sims marry a ghost, which is why I'm posting here...how do you get that to work? I'm having my Sim get acquainted with this one ghost at the graveyard, but he isn't there every night, so the relationship level decays. Is there an easier way to pull this off?

Offline blulightin5

• Townie
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 03:13:11 PM »
The best thing to do would be to make that ghost a playable one. Then they won't go away. Also, I don't think you can marry a ghost that isn't playable. I'm not sure though.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 11:32:51 PM »
ok I have a problem with my ghostly kids. After I get them to YA and move them out, they are no longer on the relationship page! I have had over 10 kids, mostly ghost ones and the only way I am able to see if they have gotten promoted or married is through my family tree! Anyone else notice this? My human kids are there, just not my ghostly ones!!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 12:19:13 AM »
It's possible that you don't have a good enough relationship with the ghost kids for them to show up on the relationship panel.  I've had that a couple of times and since then I make every effort to be as good of friends as I can with the kids before they move out.  Even though they are family, your Sims have to build a friendship with them for them to show up on the relationship panel.  I would suggest that you try to find them in town, visit, and get to know them.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 03:16:38 PM »
Thanks Pam! I will try that! I thought since they were "my" kids, they would be there! I will let you know if it works!

Offline blulightin5

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 05:17:30 PM »
I moved my ghost kid and my human kids out of the house. Now I can't edit the town. because it say there is a move in progress. I can't buy anything or build

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 05:46:08 PM »
Have you let enough time pass for the move to be completed?  If you still can't use Edit Town after a few minutes, I suggest you restart the game.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline blulightin5

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 06:51:34 PM »
I waited a couple days, but I still couldn't. I deleted that character. That was the only way I could fix my game.

Offline Tiberium_Glow

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 01:16:24 AM »
I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but I was able to snitch a gravestone from the graveyard. This is in my game where I'm trying to get a Sim married to a ghost. I found a ghost who has at least three traits that are the same as hers(I don't know what his last two traits are). While mousing over the graveyard, I clicked his headstone and found I was able to take it. Ezmyrelda isn't a klepto, so is this a glitch, or just something I've simply never known about? I plopped the headstone in Ezmyrelda's yard, so now she has a drowned ghost haunting her lot(and amusingly, next-door neighbors).

Even if it is true you can't marry NPC ghosts, at the very least, I want her to try to have a kid with him. I've never raised Sim kids, so I think it's about time I did. :P  I laughed so hard, watching Ez have a conversation with a ghost about gardening.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010, 01:29:11 AM »
Your Sim can most certainly marry a NPC ghost.  Good luck!

Offline Tiberium_Glow

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2010, 01:43:29 AM »
Oh, cool! :D  I was referring to blulightin5's post, so this is good to know. Woot! This game is in Riverview, and in playing it, I've found the Rainbow Gem and Pink Diamond spawn spots. I've found that I really like Riverview...but what's with all the crashed vehicles laying around? xD

I'm planning on eventually having a family of ghosts, of each death type. That could take awhile..I'll start by trying to get Ez to have a ghost kid, then get the ghost kid married to a ghost in the graveyard, and keep going down the generations like that until everyone is a ghost. LOL

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2010, 07:48:01 AM »
Yeah what is with the cars?  :o I now actually like Riverview after spending about 4 weeks Sim time in it due to the Nectar Challenge! You can download all the types of ghosts from household exchange on Sims website, but they may not be related so you could have them marry, breed, etc.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2010, 01:19:28 PM »
This is probably a dumb question but I've never played a ghost so I have no clue.  Do ghosts ever die?  And if not, how do you play them through the generations?

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2010, 03:25:01 PM »
@Tiberium_Glow: You can 'just' take a gravestone from the graveyard if it were you who placed it there in the first place, like when you handle the dead and place it out in the graveyard. It can be a NPC that has died of it's own, just that he/she wasn't there in the graveyard when you started up a completely new game!

This is probably a dumb question but I've never played a ghost so I have no clue.  Do ghosts ever die?  And if not, how do you play them through the generations?
They don't die, but they age and then return to the "netherworld" for an unspecified period of time when they should've died as living.
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 08:12:16 PM »
Do they come back after they go to the netherworld? I always put my deceased sims in the graveyard because the ghost sims creep me out, plus it is kind of hard to remarry when you have an angry, deceased spouse hanging around.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 09:03:15 PM »
It's a playable ghost Sim that goes back to the netherworld when it's the time that a normal Sim would die.  They don't come back unless maybe you resurrect them again, but I haven't tried that.  The ones you put in the public graveyard won't bother your Sim unless you have them restored at the Science Center, and then you'll be controlling them.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 01:05:12 PM »
Or a playable ghost that has already returned to the netherworld (at least if they do it willingly as they can do) since they age normally (I think it's due to a bug). Ghosts can't be resurrected again after that, at least not immediately after.
Apparently, though I personally can't verify since I have not done so much researching here, they become resurrectable again after a period of time.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 01:47:35 PM »
I think the problem with resurrecting twice is that you need their grave to take to the science center, and I think they take it with them when they return to the netherworld.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, 03:01:21 PM »
No, there definitely remains one gravestone.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2010, 03:05:08 PM »
Where is the gravestone, Swede?  The one time I played a ghost, he had it in his inventory and I couldn't remove it.  Then when he returned to the netherworld, the gravestone went with him.  After that, he would sometimes appear randomly around town, but not under my control.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2010, 03:12:48 PM »
I know that when they're like "half-alive" ( ::)) they have a gravestone in their inventory you can't remove. But that should appear again if you tell them to return to Netherworld or if an uncontrolled ghost ages too much that one returns to the gravestone it had. I have some experience with this, but maybe not completely definitive, so it may be something buggy with some aspects of this in the game... It has worked for me at least, that's for certain...
Well, in any case, then I am apparently not so certain as I thought. Sorry Pam! ;)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2010, 03:42:01 PM »
It's been quite a while since I played a ghost like that, anyway.  It's possible the game had some changes since then.  It's also possible that I don't remember the precise details.  So, we're just not certain.  Right?  I think so.  Ok.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline kat

• Townie
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2010, 06:34:17 PM »
Sorry if this question has already been asked - I couldn't see it - but is there any way of resurrecting ghosts that are in the Graveyard?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2010, 06:37:29 PM »
Sorry if this question has already been asked - I couldn't see it - but is there any way of resurrecting ghosts that are in the Graveyard?

kat, scroll down to the Resurrecting Sims and Playable Ghosts section in Carl's Ghosts Guide.

Offline blulightin5

• Townie
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
Speaking of Pink diamonds, Where is the spawn point for them in Sunset Valley?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
Speaking of Pink diamonds, Where is the spawn point for them in Sunset Valley?

This question belongs in one of the collection threads.  Or do a search for it in the forum.  I'm pretty sure it's come up before.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2010, 12:23:16 AM »
To everyone on the Forum:

The Forum rules have been modified and updated.  Everyone is expected to abide by the rules of this Forum and ignorance is no excuse.  Please click here to read the official Forum Rules.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2010, 09:21:58 AM »
I do know if you put a gravestone in the graveyard, you can still pick it up anytime you want, of course it has to be the sim that put the tombstone there in the first place, I tried it and it did work.  I was doing an experiment on ambrosia and went to the graveyard to bring Jon Lesson back, but you cannot be sure of which ghost is going to eat ambrosia, but for the most part, ghosts in the graveyard are NPC and if you bring one back, they get in a car and go across town and then disappear, so if you want to play someone you brought back, you need to talk to them first, so when they go away, you can call them on the phone.  My sister brought back Eric Darling for Crumplebottom, he got in the car and went away.  Later he showed up as her coworker in the diner.  It is pretty cool to bring someone back though, especially if it was a younger sim that died of drowning or starvation.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

bshag

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2010, 12:50:44 PM »
I'm getting more and more experienced with ghosts it seems. :D 

I had Don Lothario's daughter-in-law take his gravestone to the lab to restore him to a playable ghost.  After a sim day or so nobody wanted a ghost around anymore so I clicked on his tombstone and he went back to the netherworld.  Kinda sad.  I noticed his ghost doesn't come out anymore either...that's sad too.

I brought back Erik Darling, finally after Agnes and I worked our little fingers to the bone. :D  Stupid ghost wouldn't eat the ambrosia the first night.  (No wonder he drowned. ::))  I had to set the plate right at his feet the second night and he finally ate it...then ran off with the sign saying he is "going home." :o  I thought he was home.  Anywho, when he was a ghost Agnes talked to him many times so after he became real again, his pic was in relationship panel.  Suggestion:  if you are going to bring someone back with ambrosia talk to them first while they are a ghost to get their pic as reference.  Otherwise you will lose them as they have no memory of relationships after they are brought back. ::)

Side note, Erik is a pig. :D  I think Agnes is the best-looking townie in the game so she will not be reuniting with her long dead hubby.  She did make friends with him and is now a co-worker in Hogan's Diner which I thought was hilarious. :D   

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2010, 08:53:22 PM »
I have two games going at this time, one in Sunset and the other in Riverview. In Sunset, I went to the Catacombs and read through the list of the dead Sims and selected all the young ones and just a few of the "nicer" older Sims to resurrect. I think there were 6 in all, and it took longer than I expected to get them all to eat the ambrosia. I sat it all around them, at their feet, on the tables and even on the ground by their tombstones and they would just float right past it. Eventually they did eat it and came back to life and said goodbye and away they went. (They could've said thank you at least, or even take their dish to the dishwasher), some Sims just do not have good manners -  ::)
In Riverview, my Sim has the klepto trait and while she was at the graveyard at night, I had her "swipe something" and she takes somebody's tombstone of all things. I figured she would swipe a bench or a light or flowers, but she takes a tombstone. I haven't decided whether to resurrect the ghost or not, but I found it funny that she chose to steal it in the first place.
In my first ghost experience in the Sims game I have brought back a family member before through the Science facility, and it was sweet seeing the grandmother ghost sitting on the floor with her grandchild teaching it to talk and to walk, but, it was a bit creepy to me at the same time. EA has some pretty weird and crazy creators working there, but it sure keeps the game interesting and fun!

Mistake

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2010, 02:54:45 PM »
Hey guys, i have a weird problem.. I kinda made my sim to drown as i wanted to try o make him playable by resurrecting him.. The problem is, that i have the tombstone on the lot, but its been like 2 weeks ingame and he just doesn't haunt at all! I wanted to interact with him et but i cant cos he just didn't show up at all! and shouldn't i be getting the resurrecting "quest" soon?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2010, 02:57:34 PM »
Just because your Sim has died doesn't make the oppertunity spring up, It only works if your sim knew the dead sim, Ghosts don't come out every night, some take a while to come out, eerie music plays when they do, Make sure no other oppertunitys are selected or being done to free up the slot for the oppertunity, so don't accept any unless it is the resurect one.

Mistake

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2010, 03:00:32 PM »
Ye well i have a whole family there and he was a father :P so all kids and mother have rly strong relationship with him :) Well im keeping the slot free :) (hope it doesnt matter he was a fireman i married -> not a playable character i think)

anyway thank you very much for a quick reaction :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2010, 03:01:26 PM »
Ye well i have a whole family there and he was a father :P so all kids and mother have rly strong relationship with him :) Well im keeping the slot free :) (hope it doesnt matter he was a fireman i married -> not a playable character i think)

anyway thank you very much for a quick reaction :)

It shouldn't matter about the fireman thing! I'm glad to help!  :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2010, 03:04:21 PM »
Mistake -

You can actually take his urn to the science center without having the opportunity.  It will cost $5,000 to have him brought back.  Just click on the science center while the urn is in inventory.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Mistake

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2010, 03:07:25 PM »
Ooo thank you Pam, didnt know that! :)

(anyway he just showed up this night :D and i talked with him all the time he was there:) ) im gonna have him ressurected, i wanna have a ghost baby :)

Edit: I tried to get him ressed without the "quest" but all i can do in science lab is to work there or go and see it or donate my bugs :(

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2010, 04:12:44 PM »
Pam - That happens usually after you have received the Opportunity and then you can bring other Urns there without it but for a charge because the 'Experiment' didn't go as planned.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2010, 04:33:53 PM »
Edit: I tried to get him ressed without the "quest" but all i can do in science lab is to work there or go and see it or donate my bugs :(

Make sure you have the urn in your Sim's inventory when you click on the science center.  The Sim that clicks it has to be the same Sim that has the urn.

Pam - That happens usually after you have received the Oppertunity and then you can bring other Urns there without it but for a charge because the 'Experiment' didn't go as planned.

You may be right, but I'm pretty sure I was able to go straight to the science center without getting the opportunity first.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2010, 05:44:36 PM »
I tried that, because I wanted to  bring a sim back and it doesn't work.  I thought it did too.

Mistake

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2010, 05:49:36 PM »
No, I have it in my sims inventory but it didn't work. :(  And now it's been weeks and I have my room for quests clear and still nothing. Well, I guess it doesn't appear every time.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2010, 05:53:42 PM »
Also if you are trying to get a ghost to haunt, if the gravestone is in your yard or wherever, you can mourn and the ghost will appear quicker, at least that has worked for me in the past.

Offline blulightin5

• Townie
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2010, 07:03:57 PM »

Make sure you have the urn in your Sim's inventory when you click on the science center.  The Sim that clicks it has to be the same Sim that has the urn.

Pam - That happens usually after you have received the Oppertunity and then you can bring other Urns there without it but for a charge because the 'Experiment' didn't go as planned.

You may be right, but I'm pretty sure I was able to go straight to the science center without getting the opportunity first.

You have to have gotten the oppurtunity first before you can resurect them.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2010, 07:45:35 PM »
I can double on that. You need to have gotten the opportunity first, then for each consecutive revival you need to pay 5000$. I believe they even mention that somewhere in-game, but maybe that's just 'cause I have the Swedish version.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2010, 09:21:58 PM »
This must be something EA has changed.  I just tested it, too, and I can't get the option to resurrect with the urn in inventory.  I tested it several months ago and I'm positive I was able to do it.  But not now.  Sorry for the misinformation.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »
I've played with ghosts quite a bit in Sims 3, but just now I saw something I've never seen.  My legacy founder, Carina Dreamweaver, has died and I put her urn in her bedroom.  It took quite awhile for her ghost to appear; longer than it used to, it seemed to me.  She floated to the garden and cried over a dead plant.  Then she went into the nursery where one of her toddler grandchildren was crying in the crib, hungry and lonely.  This uncontrolled ghost picked up the toddler and tossed her in the air.  She then put the toddler in a high chair, but didn't feed her.  After that, Carina's ghost went to play on the computer until it was time to go back to her urn, leaving the poor kid hungry in the high chair until daddy got up to feed her.  I've really never seen a haunting ghost take care of toddlers! 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2010, 10:35:23 PM »
Awesome pictures, Pam.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2010, 10:48:31 PM »
That's just crazy, isn't it? 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2010, 10:52:26 PM »
Indeed. Maybe Carina had the Family-Oriented trait which resulted in her naturally wanting to care for the toddler?

Offline Kimmy

• Townie
    • Tweet me...
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2010, 01:58:06 AM »
I was about to mention/ask the same thing as Met-- did Carina have that trait?

Mistake

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2010, 04:51:44 AM »
Well i read that ghosts when haunt they do smt related to the way they died... mine drowned and what he did every night is that he "walked" around the garden a bit and then went to one of his childrens bed and slept there all the time :D poor kid didn't have a bed to sleep so she had to sleep with her mum :D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2010, 05:45:00 AM »
Mine always go to their old bedroom which now has the Games Console in (LivingRoom) they play that now.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2010, 12:53:04 PM »
Actually, yes.  She had the family oriented trait.  She also had green thumb, which I guess is why she cried over a dead plant in the garden.  But still.  I haven't seen this kind of activity from a ghost before.  They would haunt furniture, nap, and play with the computer, but that was about it.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Mistake

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2010, 01:12:23 PM »
Anyway to update my problem.. I played with my Lana today and she aged to adult and to old... and still didn't get the oportunity to ressurect him (they were married and had an amazing relationship, and I'm keeping my opportnities clear).

So it doesn't happen every time a sim dies?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2010, 01:36:03 PM »
No, it definitely doesn't happen every time a Sim dies.  It's pretty random, like any other opportunity.  I've even gotten the opportunity when nobody has died.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Mistake

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2010, 02:14:59 PM »
Ok, thank you for this reply. I thought this opportunity happens every time a Sim dies :).

Offline blulightin5

• Townie
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2010, 11:57:35 AM »
I do know that the oppurtunity can take a very long time to come up. It took 129 days for it to come up for my sim. I had him eat ambrosia every 20 days.

Nibbles

« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2010, 12:02:20 AM »
Are ghost babies regarded as sims or ghosts.

My sim had twins, one normal Jenny and one ghost Kelly.
She would take Jenny to the park leaving Kelly behind where game prompted her to call a babysiter. Check.

Yet Kelly isn't present in the family picture. Check.

Kelly has the option to return to the netherworld. Check.

From this the game seems rather concerned over the well being of a 'dead' ghost baby.

What's everyone's take on these babies?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2010, 03:18:54 AM »
I think they are cool but I don't go out of my way to get them so I have never had one.

bshag

« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2010, 11:43:16 AM »
Nope, never had the urge to have ghost babies.  I've only made one ghost playable and the family got upset and didn't want have anything to do with him so I sent him back to the netherworld.    :P

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2010, 12:10:41 PM »
I found a good reason to use playable ghosts: to substitute for a vampire.

I use a certain mod to make ghosts non-aging (while everyone else ages normally). Give them the "hates the outdoors" trait for the whole avoiding sunlight thing. And instead of the "Eek, a ghost!" reaction, think of it as an "Eek, a vampire!" reaction.