Author Topic: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?  (Read 1646104 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2010, 07:35:38 AM »
I have a great relationship with my kids when they move out, I go see my grandkids when I have time. But if they moved out of town, wouldn't they all be grayed out?

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2010, 01:19:14 PM »
I would think that if they moved out of town they'd disappear from the relationship bar completely.  But that's just a guess.

One strange thing happened in my game.  I had a guy who had a bunch of babies with Bella Bachelor.  He lived in his house, she lived in hers with all the babies.  Shortly after she aged up to Elder she moved out of her house with all her kids, but now I can't find where she lives!  I can invite her over, and sometimes she brings one or two of the kids, but she still doesn't show up on the neighborhood screen.  I'm afraid that she and all of her kids are homeless or something!  I even went into Edit Town mode just to see if I could find her, no such luck.

Obviously Bella is still a mysterious and sneaky vixen.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2010, 01:25:48 PM »
I know the Sims 3 is not supposed to be totally realistic, but if someone moves out of town, why would he look like someone who's died on the family tree or even disappear from the tree like they never existed? That's what I call strange...
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2010, 05:04:34 PM »
I think I have a couple of relatives on my current family tree who have moved out of town.  I'll check and see if they are grayed out.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

bshag

« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2010, 10:55:32 PM »
I hope I posted this in the right place.  This has only happened once since the sims3 has come out but I put my game on pause, nothing was moving except, my sim's head turned and watched the cursor as it moved by him. :o  This happened right after I started playing the game and only happened the other day for the second time.  I think I had a chill run down my spine after seeing that. :D

In the sims 2 every so often the sim would look up at the monitor at you for a few seconds and that was bad enough.

Anyone have this happen yet?  (And no I haven't watched any scary movies lately. :D)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2010, 11:23:11 PM »
It was the head on your actual Sim's body?  Not the head-only thing when you click on the screen?  That would freak me out!  I've seen them look at me through the screen a few times, though, as they walk by the camera.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

bshag

« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2010, 11:56:00 AM »
Yeah, I had just pushed the pause button and everything stopped, including the sim, but when I moved the cursor across the room his head turned and followed me, cursor I mean.

Glad to hear someone else has had a sim look at them.

When my sister and I first heard of the sims 3 and the increased AI we both shuddered and said no more killing sims like in sims 2. :D  They just might crawl out of the hard drive at night and come get us in our beds. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2010, 02:38:56 PM »
thats just freaky, I've had sims move after a pause like body aprts move but never to look at me  :o
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2010, 03:36:41 PM »
In sims 2 all my guys turned their eyes straight forward when I paused the time no matter what they were actually looking at in normal game speed! I've never had any similar problems with sims 3, but if it's true then it only reinforces my theory that they're playing sims with us! *shudders* Matrix-paranoia never leaves you...
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2010, 12:13:37 AM »
I also noticed that the Sims kept moving after you paused the game.  It was more apparent when I was shooting pic's for my story, which sometimes could actually help or hinder my shot.  It's certainly different than TS2, I liked when they would actually look up at you when they didn't like what you wanted them to do and would complain.  Of course the first time it happened it was a shocker, like "Is he really looking at me!".  :o Lol.

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2010, 10:49:03 PM »
I hope I posted this in the right place.  This has only happened once since the sims3 has come out but I put my game on pause, nothing was moving except, my sim's head turned and watched the cursor as it moved by him. :o  This happened right after I started playing the game and only happened the other day for the second time.  I think I had a chill run down my spine after seeing that. :D

In the sims 2 every so often the sim would look up at the monitor at you for a few seconds and that was bad enough.

Anyone have this happen yet?  (And no I haven't watched any scary movies lately. :D)
That would truly freak me out. I would never want to play the Sims at night again!
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2010, 10:54:30 PM »
Anyone remember in Sims2 when they would turn around and it seemed they were looking at you, that was freaky.  Well, it had not happened in Sims3, to me anyway, until yesterday.  Usually when they get done eating, my sims will just get up right away and clean their plates, this little girl just kept sitting there and turned her head,  and it seemed like she looked right at me and was saying "ok, now what do you want me to do", that is the first time since I have had this game that has happened.  Like someone said, wonder if they are playing us, the same as we are playing them.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #147 on: March 07, 2010, 10:59:23 PM »
Just curious, but to those who have seen their sims's faces turn towards them, what angle is the camera at while you play? I usually play with the angle between 45 and 75 degrees, where 90 would be looking straight down to the ground, or perpendicular to the ground.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2010, 11:05:39 PM »
My camera was to the side, she actually turned her head and it seemed as if she was looking at the monitor.  She didn't seem to be in any hurry to get up. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

TylerDurden

« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2010, 10:05:08 PM »
In sims 2 all my guys turned their eyes straight forward when I paused the time no matter what they were actually looking at in normal game speed! I've never had any similar problems with sims 3, but if it's true then it only reinforces my theory that they're playing sims with us! *shudders* Matrix-paranoia never leaves you...
I thought about the same thing after I saw Tron all those years ago.  I was a major video gamer back in Pac Man fever days, and I never looked at computer games the same after I started wondering how many legions of robots I had killed in Robotron.  But since I was protecting the last people on the earth, I was able to sleep at night.

Still... When Berzerk would say "Coin detected in pocket!" I would tell it to hush.

anything