Author Topic: Building Contest Winners  (Read 34442 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest Winners
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 12:18:57 PM »
Building Contests 2012-Long, March: A Boarding School for Simkids and Simteens - March 1, 2012 - March 28, 2012
    Ashel Veh!

Congratulations Ashel Veh! What a way to join the forum by winning the Building Contest, that and with such an amazing boarding school! You can see Ashel Veh's Entry here and download it here.

Ashel Veh's Comment:

"Thank you to everyone who participated - whether it was in creating the contest or in entering the contest - your efforts are greatly appreciated.  I was both shocked and thrilled that so many people liked my work.  You have no idea how much that means to me.  I even did my own little "happy dance!" 

I was asked what I liked about my entry, which makes me feel a trifle immodest and thus uncomfortable, but I think the favorite part of my build was the pool area.  I love that pool!  Quite frankly, if I could transfer that pool from my computer screen to my backyard we wouldn't be having this conversation because I would be out by the pool and you would never be able to pry me away from it!!   ;)

Once again, thank you so much!"
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 04:51:15 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 5 - The Place to Perform - March 12, 2012 - March 29, 2012
    Agneza!

Congratulations Agneza! What a stunning place to perform, I'm sure you've just allowed many Sims to get their shot at fame! You can see Agneza's Entry here and download it here.

Agneza's Comment:

"Thanks to everybody who voted for me and a big congrats to all who partecipated to this contest - all the works are great!. The time I builded the Colors Bubble I didn't have the Showtime expansion. I didn't know how the stage looks like nor how big it is. It was a pure luck I builded the stage that big. The stage floor which came with the Showtime matched perfectly my stage.
The world of the performers is quite known to me so I really enjoyed building that community lot as I'm enjoying playing it now."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 02:43:17 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 6 - An Abstract Interior - March 23, 2012 - April 5, 2012
    Lilygirl!

Congratulations Lilygirl! What a fitting interior to your Llama, such a clever and original idea! You can see Lilygirl's Entry here and download it here.

Lilygirl's Comment:

"When Ausette first posted the llama as her entry for the Abstract Exterior contest I wanted it to win so I could get inside that thing and go nuts! I didn't actually know what I wanted to do with it until I had it sitting in my library for a couple days. Initially, I was going to colour and arrange the furniture to represent the different internal organs but then I thought I might as well bring the floor into it so that things were more obvious. I started with the cyan colour but things became more pink as it made more sense for internal organs.

It was fun to see what everyone else came up with, I love the fact that the neck/head was large enough to include. Thank you to all who voted for me! See you next time."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 11:35:46 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 7 - Ambitious Designs - April 6, 2012 - April 19, 2012
    Ausette!

Congratulations again Ausette! Your laundromat was voted the most ambitious design! You can see Ausette's Entry here and download it here.

Ausette's Comment:

"Out of all the contests I built for this year, this was the one I found hardest to stay under budget for. I initially wanted to build a fire station, but when the budgeted version didn't meet my standards I had to go back to the drawing board and pick a new venue. I ended up building a little laundromat for Sunset Valley, because, well, I like laundromats and Sunset Valley. I have no idea where the idea to put the paintings out the front came from, but once I'd built that exterior I just knew I had to enter it. Thank you to everyone who voted, and congratulations to all the other fantastic builders! I loved every single entry in this contest, particularly the two runners-up!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »
Building Contest 2012, Long: April: Renovation or Restoration for a Goth - April 1, 2012 - April 28, 2012
    Joria and Samoht04!

Congratulations to Joria and myself (samoht04)! We had another draw for the Goth Renovation Contest, our second draw of the Contests I think! You can see Joria's Entry here and download it here. You can see Samoht04's Entry here and download it here.

Joria's Entry
Samoht04's Entry

Joria's Comment:

"Thank you to all who voted for my restoration of the Goth Manor.  I really enjoyed this build although I had to leave it not quite perfect in my eyes.  Ran out of money with all that landscaping!
To me this building has always been a grand victorian lady and deserved to be elegant and bright.  I'm not as good a builder as many here but I really enjoy remodeling so this was right up my alley.

Congratulations to my co-winner, samoht!  I love what he did with his remodel and there are several ideas I'd love to steal! 

Also congratulations to all the other entrants!  There was not one entry I didn't love.  Many were so unique and such a different take on the Goth manor and I know I'm going to be doing a lot of downloading in the future.  Just imagine what SV would look like if each of these entries were there!  WOW!"

Samoht04's Comment:

"A big thank you to everyone who voted for my Goth manor entry! So glad people liked it, I think my favourite part of it was actually the landscaping - I was quite proud of that. As with Joria I also ran out slightly although I do hope it wasn't noticeable! I've not done much remodelling so it was more a case of gut it and start again for me, I found it must more entertaining than I had thought I would and I'm sure I wasn't alone in finding this contest to be fun as well as challenging.

Congrats to Joria on her fabulous entry, I mean what else did you expect from our resident Queen of Renovations! There were such fantastic ideas and styles made with the other entries I'm surprised mine was voted joint-winner as there was such inspirational ideas - some I still can't believe used to be the Goth Manor! Congratulations and a big thank you to everyone who takes part in any way, be it voting, entering or commenting: things just wouldn't be so great without all of you! Thank you again!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 03:46:08 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 8 - Hunter's Lodge - April 22, 2012 - May 5, 2012
    intl_incident!

Congratulations intl_incident! New to the Forum and bringing great building talent, welcome and congratulations! You can see intl_incident's Entry here and download it here.

intl_incident's Comment:

"Wow! Thanks so much to everyone who voted for my house.  What a wonderful surprise, especially given how creative and fun everyone else's entries were.  My inspiration for the house came from the vacations I used to take as a child, a lot of which were to cabin-type locations in the northern part of the US.  I love the style of rough-hewn wooden walls with thick pillars and beams on the roofs, and I wanted to try to recreate that in the contest house.  I also love water and bridges and decks, and really wish I could have a pond or a pool like the one in my build!  I may not be a fan of fishing like Hunter, but just sitting out on the deck and listening to the fountain would be great. Thanks again to everyone who voted and for those who ran the contest, and congratulations to everyone else for such fantastic houses."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 11:16:23 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 9 - Miniature Minimalist  - May 4, 2012 - May 17, 2012
    ZapKid!

Congratulations ZapKid! Modern and Minimalist seem to really be ZapKid's strong point and he's just gone and proven it with a great Minimalist Entry! You can see ZapKid's Entry here and download it here.

ZapKid's Comment:

"Wow! Thanks to everyone who voted for me! I think everyone did a great job on the contest!

When I first entered the contest, I didn't have much of an idea. It was when I expanded my main shell to two stories when it finally came all together. I had the most fun making the exterior and garden in the back. My favorite part of the house was probably the garage; it was nice and roomy so I was a big fan of it.

I enjoyed having to make it so small and cheap. It took me an hour to get the exterior right, the interior was almost impossible.
I finally set on something I liked, and, well, here I am!

So thanks again, everyone! Everyone did stupendous and to be shocked I was surprised I actually won! Thanks for making my first winning contest a real whopper!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 03:38:26 PM »
Building Contest 2012-Long, May: Out at the Park - May 1, 2012 - May 28, 2012
    Decima!

Congratulations Decima! What a unique and peaceful park with amenities for every Sim! You can see Decima's Entry here and download it here.

Decima's Comment:

"Thank you everyone who participated and voted in the contest! I love doing the contests so much and without the participation of everyone they wouldn't be possible.

I think I enjoyed doing the park the most out of all the contests I've entered so far, but it was a huge shock to win as I'm still a newbie on here and haven't that much building experience. I just watch a lot of youtube tutorials! It actually took me much longer than the other contests as I'd nearly finished when I decided I'd built on a lot that was a bit too big and I was running out of money. So I scrapped it and started from scratch again on a smaller one.

Thanks again to everyone who voted for and downloaded Kyoto Gardens, I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed building it. "

You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 04:49:17 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 10 - Storybook Style  - May 18, 2012 - May 31, 2012
    Anushka and Decima!

Congratulations Anushka and Decima! It was a tie for first place! Both entries looks like it just leapt out from the pages of a storybook, well done on such a fantastic representation of both Stories - I'm sure we can all see which stories they are from! You can see Anushka's Entry here and download it here. You can also find Decima's Entry here and download it here.

Anushka's Comment:

"My first victory! I really didn't expect this, as I know how many great builders there are and many have a great talent in building fairytale style houses. When I read the contest rules, I knew I wanted to built a Cottage for Snow White and Seven Dwarves  . I had a great fun building it, but didn't have enough time to work on the interior as I wanted it - my PC was scheduled for a service maintainance that week. It turns out that it worked like this and on half of the budget available even better and more suitable for mostly male house in the time without electricity.  I'm very honored to be a part of the such a great building community, thank you for this fun competition and everyone that voted for my submission! Congratulations Decima, it's an honour to share the glory with you!"

Decima's Comment:

"Thank you everyone who voted, and well done to Anushka! I laughed out loud when I saw the gnome dwarfs! What a brilliant idea!

I had completely written off my entry once I saw the others and didn't even check the thread to see how the voting had gone! I liked all of the entries and think we all did a great job. Big thanks to everyone who takes part in the contests, everyone who votes and lilygirl and samoht for running them."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2012, 03:48:46 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 11 - Summertime Sunshine  - June 1, 2012 - June 14, 2012
    Decima!

Congratulations Decima! Yet another Win under your belt, your Entry really suited the task well and I'm sure all of our Sims will love to spend their Summers there! You can see Decima's Entry here and download it here.

Decima's Comment:

"Thanks to everyone who voted and took part in the contest!  It's a shame there were so few entries this time round as it was a really good challenge! I hope a few of you got the Wham - Club Tropicana reference, I had the song in my head the entire time I was building so I was probably 'channelling' the feel of the song into my build.  My favourite part of the build was having a great excuse to do a 'water slide'! My least favourite was probably the toilets, toilets just aren't fun, in my opinion.

When I first entered a contest I came joint last and never really saw myself winning any.   So thank you everyone for inspiring me, teaching me, and generally being great Simmers!

Thanks again! Decima "

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2012, 01:49:22 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 12 - Luxurious Lifestyle  - June 16, 2012 - June 29, 2012
    Ausette!

Congratulations Ausette!  Every entry you build just continues to be in that top few, most often than not - the top entry! The SS Simoleon is just so imaginative and captures the brief fantastically! You can see Ausette's Entry here and download it here.

Ausette's Comment:

"Wow, this contest was really hard to budget for! I'm in awe of all the entrants who built actual mansions for 100,000 simoleons. My first attempt went over the price limit very quickly, so after that I had to sit down and think about how to build something cheaper. My first instinct was to downsize, but how could I build in a cramped little space while still maintaining an air of luxury? It didn't take long before the rooms I was building began to look like rooms in a boat. I ran with that idea and I had such a great time building and taking screenshots for the contest. Thanks to all who voted, and great job to all who participated!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2012, 10:34:41 AM »

Building Contest 2012: 13 - Childhood Dreams - June 30, 2012 - July 13, 2012
    Ladybug53!

Congratulations Ladybug! With such an imaginative and well built entry it's no surprise you won, your first win in the Contests! Your playground is perfect for our Sim Children to visit! You can see Ladybug53's Entry here and download it here.

Ladybug53's Comment:

"I would like to thank everyone who supported me in this most amazing contest. I really enjoyed doing it. It was one of my favorites. Just thinking as a child would was exciting alone . Trying to do something through a child's eye was the most fun and also challenging part. It was my most fun project so far. Great contest samoht04!

I would also like to congratulate all the other entrants for their great work. They were all great entries. I enjoyed them all. Keep up the great work !"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2012, 06:13:22 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 14 - An Olympic Starter - July 13, 2012 - July 26, 2012
    Ausette!

Congratulations Ausette! An entry worthy of the Gold Medal! It's perfect for the sporting enthusiast! You can see Ausette's Entry here and download it here.

Ausette's Comment:

"I love starter home contests! They're so fun to build for, and the competition is always fantastic. It was great seeing how everyone worked sports and the Olympic Games into their entries. I had a few technical issues and some trouble with the budget, but after that it was pretty much a game of "Hurry-up-and-finish-the-build-before-someone-else-comes-up-with-the-Olympic-Rings-idea". Congrats to all the participants, and enjoy the rest of the Olympic Games!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2012, 05:21:44 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 15 - The Ultimate Venue - July 27, 2012 - August 10, 2012
    Micler!

Congratulations Micler! A Venue worthy of any Olympic Park, a place where Olympic Dreams can come true! You can see Micler's Entry here and download it here.

Micler's Comment:

"Thank you to everyone who voted! This contest was really fun. I watched a lot of the swimming competitions during the olympics, and so when I saw the contest I knew which venue I would build! The budget was quite challenging for this one. I was envisioning an entire olympic village complex, but I had to scale it back to just an aquatic centre. It was surprising that only Ladybug53 and I entered this one. Congratulations to her and her fantastic equestrian centre! Thanks again to everyone who voted, and to samoht04 and Lilygirl for hosting these great building contests!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2012, 05:40:26 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 16 - A New Inn - August 12, 2012 - August 25, 2012
    Neashaleigh!

Congratulations Neashaleigh! Such a unique idea to create a travelling tavern! You can see Neashaleigh's Entry here and download it here.

Neashaleigh's Comment:

"Wow I'm really chuffed about winning this competition, especially since I'm up against some really great builders! I first saw the idea of a caravan from someone else, although hers was just a tiny little thing for decoration. I then made a proper livable caravan, and the "inn" was the logical extension to that. I may even make a whole traveling series just for fun! The idea of living in a caravan and traveling the countryside is appealing because you get to see so much! It's just unfortunate that gypsies in real life have such a bad reputation. But Gypsy Sims would be kinda cool, and if EA ever brought them out, at least I know I could make them a home

Thanks again! I'm just so happy that people voted for my entry! It really made my day when I saw it."