Author Topic: At Home With Chuckles - It's here! Orbital Planes  (Read 26360 times)

Chuckles_82

At Home With Chuckles - It's here! Orbital Planes
« on: September 19, 2011, 11:54:05 PM »
Hello everyone and welcome to my home. Homes. I will upload my creations here. Have fun with all of my builds, and if you use something I've created in an upload please credit me.

I have a lot of store content, but will use it sparingly (or create a store-free version), and not at all for competition-builds.

Index
NamePrice Furnished     BedsStore Content
The Better Home and Garden      $38,2271xdoubleLeaftastic (free)
La Maison de Plage$99,7421xdouble, 2xsingle     Leaftastic (free), New Years Nectar (free)
The Chetwin$69,757     1xdouble, 2xsingleTopper (free)
The Ammaranth$69,0771xdouble, 1xsingle, 1xcot     Love In Darkness (free), Leaftastic (free)
Your Quarters, Dr Rush$38,4441xdoubleLots, see individual post
Space Pod$42,9911xdoubleNone
Zenadu$79,9631xdoubleLeaftastic(free)
Small Modern Townhouse$98,5141xdoubleLots, see individual post
Modern Living Starter Apartment     $15,9801xdoubleA few, see individual post
Pally's Modern Mini$32,9901xdouble Bookshelf of the East From South Sea Imports (free when you register WA)
76 Gunther Goth Hwy$18,3891xdoubleNone
Orbital Planes§228,9581xdouble, 4x singlelots - see individual post

Suggestions, requests and positive feedback are all welcome :)

Chuckles_82

Re: At Home With Chuckles
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 12:18:20 AM »
Without further ado, may I present the first addition to this collection, (though not the first of my creations):

The Better Home and Garden

Price Furnished: $38, 227
Price Unfurnished: $26, 214
Lot Size: 15x20
Description: This 2-bedroom would-be starter house has a cottage feel, with a fresh, modern look. Featuring a quiet, tranquil garden area to relax in, this home is perfect for any sim who loves the outdoors! Even the indoor decor brings a bit of the outdoors in, with plenty of green leafy plants to keep your outdoorsy sim feeling at one with nature.
Content: All expansions (no stuff packs), some free store content: Leaftastic (plant)

The story of this creation: I was getting my hair done, and reading, wonder of wonders, a current magazine - Better Homes and Gardens. I chuckled to myself as I looked at some of the furniture they had used, realising that I have some of the exact same items in sims. The decor and garden in this house are inspired by some of the creations show-cased in the magazine (which I went out and bought after my hair was done lol).

I had set out to build a starter home, and the floor plan is one which I regularly use for a starter home, and easily adaptable. However, my creative streak took over, and well, it is no longer in the price range for a starter home.

View from top/front

Kitchen with breakfast bar

Living Room

Master Bedroom

Bathroom

Second Bedroom

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 01:02:08 AM »
La Maison de Plage

Price: $99,742
Lot Size: 40x40
Reccommended placement: On the hill above the middle of the beach where Recurve Strand is.
Description: Overlooking your own quiet, personal beach-cove, this magnificent luxury beach house has oodles of room for entertaining. Luxury additions include a large pool, indoor bar, downstairs entertaining area, study, and self-contained butler's unit. Relax in the sunshine, or swim right up to the edge of the pool and look out at the sea!
Content: All expansions (no stuff packs), some free store content: Leaftastic (plant), New Years Nectar

View from front

View from back

Upstairs floor plan

Dining and Kitchen

Bar

Master Bedroom

Bedroom 2

Living Room and Entertaining Area

Study

Butler's Self-contained Unit

Download link: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6787.0

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 01:03:55 AM »
The Chetwin

Price Furnished: $69,757
Price Unfurnished: $55,951
Lot Size: 30x30
Description: This newly renovated older style townhouse is perfect for rasing a family. It Features 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, ensuit to main, cosy wood fire and a single garage. There's even a treehouse out the back for the kids!
Content: All expansions (no stuff packs), some free store content: Topper (plant)

View from street

Backyard

Living Room

Dining Room

Kitchen - pictures really couldn't do this spacious modern kitchen justice.

Downstairs bathroom

Master Bedroom

Bedrooms 2 and 3

Floor plan downstairs

Floor plan upstairs

Download link: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6666.0

Chuckles_82

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 01:06:51 AM »
The Ammaranth

Price Furnished: $69, 077
Price Unfurnished: $55,695
Lot Size: 30x30
Description:A stylish modern townhouse, fully furnished throughut. 3 Bedrooms, 1 1/2 bathrooms, single garage, partly decorated.
Drown out the harsh city noises with the peaceful sound of water falling, or simply complement the serenity of the countryside.
Content: All expansions (no stuff packs), some free store content: Love in Darkness (picture), Leaftastic (plant)

Additional info: This is my very first upload, so fingers crossed that it works, and I have managed to avoid all my non-free store content! (I went round checking everything with the eyedropper tool) Fully play-tested (after saving).

Front

Back

Living Room

Bathroom

Master Bedroom

Kitchen and Dining

Bedroom 2

Bedroom 3

Floor Plan

Download Link: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6626.0

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 06:02:46 AM »
On the La Maison de Plage, I'm guessing that I need to place a lot using the World Editor?  Did it automatically make the steep cliff side for you or did you do that when building the house?  It's beautiful, by the way.  I love the soft colors and natural light.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Chuckles_82

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 06:49:57 AM »
Wow, thankyou Pam :D

Part of the slope was there - I deliberately chose that spot for the slope, and the rest formed up as I built on it. You do indeed need to place the lot with the world editor. I find the 'soften terrain' tool very useful once it's placed to get it to sit right.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 09:22:53 AM »
Am I being paranoid, or does the kitchen in the top house have some custom content? (Plant, painting)
On a happier note, those are some nice builds  :)
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

imaGleek

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 09:25:54 AM »
Am I being paranoid, or does the kitchen in the top house have some custom content? (Plant, painting)
On a happier note, those are some nice builds  :)

'I've never seen the painting but I'm like 100% sure the plant came with OLS.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 10:12:45 AM »
I don't think there's any CC. The picture of the flower is from World Adventures, and the little wheatgrass planter comes with Late Night.

I love the houses, Chuckles. My favourite is the Chetwin, the outside is stunning.   :)

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 05:51:59 PM »
I don't think there's any CC. The picture of the flower is from World Adventures, and the little wheatgrass planter comes with Late Night.

I love the houses, Chuckles. My favourite is the Chetwin, the outside is stunning.   :)

Thank you for the clarification.
I agree, the Chetwin makes me think "I have SO much to learn."  ;D
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 04:46:04 AM »
Chuckles your builds are totally awesome.  I love your use of color, which is usually a problem for me.  I tend to be monochromatic.  You've used soft pastels and vibrant modern black/red/white in different houses to really good effect.  If I HAD to pick a favorite it would be the Amaranth mostly because of the color palette.  I could argue myself around that for each of the builds because really, I love them all.  Well done!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 05:27:34 AM »
I love your use of color, which is usually a problem for me.  I tend to be monochromatic. 

Have you looked at something like this to help you coordinate colors?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Chuckles_82

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 05:02:39 AM »
Your Quarters, Dr Rush

Price Furnished: $38,444
Price Unfurnished: $16,577
Lot Size: 10x10
Description: This futuristic living pad is perfect for the single sim. It is filled to the brim with high-tech whatzits and do-dahs. With masterful floor hygienators your sim will never need a shower; a teleporter out back to take you whereever you wish in the blink of an eye!; a hover bed for the best night's sleep; the fridge of a masterchef so your food will never spoil. Everything has been upgraded scientifically and mechanically to keep your sim in the best possible mood. (Science experiments have been used for maximum possible effect with walk-by effects on most items, and making use of the different possible moodlets available).
Content: All expansions (no stuff packs), and a lot of store content (a store-free version will be available shortly for those who don't have access to store content).

Future Shock Kitchen
Future Shock Living
Serious Artist's Easel
Glass Flowers Column
A-simetry Portal
Faux Chrome Chair

Stainless Toilet, Ultra Modern Dresser by D. Kyle,  Il-STand Bookshelf: available in the  Ultra Lounge 2010 Compilation
Romantique Wall Mirror: No longer available individually. If anyone knows what set this came in, please let me know so I can post a link.

I think that just about covers all of it ;)

I did take a little inspiration from Leto's ALU, in that it is future-based, and upgraded scientifically, but this is completely my own build and own recolours to match the Future Shock store items. As a bit of a sci-fi fan myself, this was one in works for a while anyway :D Once again it was supposed to be a starter unit... but teleporters are not cheap, even once fully depreciated they are $9k! If you already have a lot of store stuff this build is for you :D! If not, then the store-free version is in the making..

View from front

Living, dining and Kitchen

Bedroom

Bathroom

Downstairs pool and recreation area

Chuckles_82

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 06:58:02 PM »
Space Pod

Price Furnished: $42, 991
Price Unfurnished: $16, 086
Description: This futuristic living pad is perfect for the single sim. It is filled to the brim with high-tech whatzits and do-dahs. With masterful floor hygienators your sim will never need a shower; a teleporter out back to take you whereever you wish in the blink of an eye!; a hover bed for the best night's sleep; the fridge of a masterchef so your food will never spoil. Everything has been upgraded scientifically and mechanically to keep your sim in the best possible mood. (Science experiments have been used for maximum possible effect with walk-by effects on most items, and making use of the different possible moodlets available).
Content: All expansions (no stuff packs), no store content.

Front

Kitching, dining, living

Bedroom

Bathroom

Downstairs pool and recreation area

Chuckles_82

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 12:49:39 AM »
Zenadu

Contest Build  #3

Price: $79,963
Lot Size: 30x40
Description: A modern Asian home, set up for two, but plenty of room for more.  This stylish home is surrounded by tranquil gardens, pond and waterfall. It is truly zen.
Content: All expansions (no stuff packs), some free store content:Leaftastic (plant)

Front

Kitchen/Dining

Living Room

Bathroom

Bedroom

Study

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 01:25:44 PM »
Chuckles, you are truly a master builder.  Kudos to you on every single build you've done so far, and for the ones to come as well.  I know they will be just as marvelous.  I'm downloading them all.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Chuckles_82

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 07:22:48 PM »
Thankyou everyone for the lovely comments :D I have so much fun creating them, and it really is the icing on the cake to see everyone enjoy them.

I look forward to the next building contest to give me ideas for what to build! Even though I grumble to myself about not having my store content, or some in-game content, (I really wanted to put the zodiac animals collection in Zenadu - I have a sim custom made for decorating purposes) I think I enjoy the challenge of finding something that fits, and making it fit the budget.

In the meantime, I have a townhouse to upload for you, Joria :D It is jam packed with store content and a little exy, so I may do a cheaper, store-free version later.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 09:30:20 PM »
Small Modern Townhouse

Lot type: Residential lot: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom.
Lot size: 10 x 10
Furnished: $98,514
Unfurnished: $45,330

Contains:
World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, and Generations Content, and the following store content: A-Simetry Portal, Spa Necessities, Getaway Beach Chair, Transparent Window by BahHaus, Study in Fragments, I Love Me Mirror, In Orbit Blinds, In Your Vase, Fresh Farm Sink, Flux Flora, Haute Hip Panther Sculpture, Tropical Fruit Bowl, Love In Darkness, Full Force Firewood, Serious Artist's Easel, BahHaus Stupendous Door, Hanz Trainer's Treadmill, New Year's Nectar, The Dramatic Palm.

Au Courant Stool: T-mobile promotion. No longer available
Study In Fractures: Can't find link
Ivy Tower: Can't find link
Honeycomb Bookshelf: Can't find link
(If anyone knows what set these three are in, please let me know)

Grecian Towels is available in the Olympian Physique Set
The Concrete Boarder Window is available in the BahHaus Set.

The following are available in The Best of 2010 compilation:
Cubic Square (door), Monte's Dresser, Theo's Contempo End Table, Tranquility Stone by Feng Shui, Potted Bamboo Glory,

View from street

View from top

View from side

Bedroom

Bathroom

Kitchen and Dining

Living Room

Laundry

Downstairs pool and gym

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 02:22:18 PM »
As an Asian I am, your Asian house looks fantastic!! I love the way you build and also the modern town house too!!
Thanks for sharing your hard works!!! I really appreciate you!
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 03:19:21 AM »
Modern Living Starter Apartment

Price Furnished: $15,980
Price Unfurnished: $5,530
Lot Size: 40x40
Description: A small budget does not mean you should sacrifice your safety or your living conditions. This modern security apartment is perfect for a single or couple. With a secure basement garage, lap pool, spa and gym facilities for residents, what's not to love?! Buy now as is, or fully furnished with stylish modern decor.
Content: All expansions (no stuff packs), some store content (I tried to keep it to a minimum, and may update with SP items when I get my SPs)

BahHaus Garage Door v.1 and Intrisic Windows by BahHaus are available in a set
Reach For The Heavens
In Orbit Blinds
Ultra Lounge items, Leaves of Tears and Tropical Leaves of Repose are still available in the Ultra Lounge 2010 Compilation

Front

Lobby

Secure Parking

Residents' Gym, Spa and Lap Pool

The Apartment

Kitchen and Dining

Living Room

Bedroom

Bathroom

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Re: At Home With Chuckles - New Starter Apartment Now Available
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 05:11:18 AM »
Chuckles, I moved your tread in this section since even if you upload only lots, it is still not following the scheme everyone else does - one lot = one tread. Here many members have similar treads where their creations are found in one place, they can announce new one etc. I hope your download links are not messed up with this movement, and I'm sorry if they are.
Also, since you post many links for store items, take a look at this tread to make them look nice and neat, which we are encouraging here.
If you need help with it, feel free to ask for it.

And as for your houses, they are fantastic! You proved to be a great builder in so many different styles! My favorite is Zenadu :)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 05:19:38 AM »
Do you mean you would prefer them to be embedded? I had a read, and I didn't know how to do that before. It's not much more difficult that what I'm already doing, so I'll give it a go :) I was also considering laying out the contents so that each house has basic info like number of bedrooms, price etc, and an embedded link to the post.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 05:42:08 AM »
Thank you, I'm glad you'll give it a go!
If you upload the pictures and informations of the lot in a separate tread with uploaded link, here you can add only basic informations and one picture of the lot with embedded link to the topic where you upload it. (I hope this is understandable sentence ::) )

Lilygirl has done something like that without pictures, as well as many other members, with little variations. I'm shore you can find the way that is the most suiting for you.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 10:31:33 AM »
Pally's Modern Mini

Price Furnished: $32,990 (drive away, no more to pay!)
Price Unfurnished: $28,227
Description: Don't have much cash? No problem! Who needs real art anyway. A photo is just as good, right? Or you could even just paint on the walls! This stylish yet cheap home is perfect for a new couple just starting out. 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, pool, dive well decorative spa, professional bar, luxry bath, decorated throughout. Relax on the roof top and enjoy the sunshine, or relax by the pool and enjoy a drink!
Content: All expansions (no stuff packs), some free store content: Bookshelf of the East From South Sea Imports (free when you register WA) (The pictures are actually all photographs!)

Front

Bedroom

Bathroom

Kitchen and Dining

Living Room

Downstairs Pool

VampirePlasma

Re: At Home With Chuckles - New Cheap 10x10 now available!
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 10:53:43 AM »
What pattern did you use for the middle picture behind the bar?
By the way, I see your amazing/awesome/great/perfect idea works like a charm!

Chuckles_82

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 10:58:37 AM »
It's 3 different patterns applied to the middle tile of the "Heavy Wood Squares".

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2011, 01:49:13 PM »

Secure Parking

Kitchen and Dining

Living Room

I'd like to learn your way  how to make the proper car parking place like that. It's truly amazing!
Also I've never made that kind of idea to make the kitchen like that. I always wanted to let my sim use the chop board on the dining counter!  This idea is very creative!! I got impressed!! :D  Also I love your living room! Thank you.

And can I introduce this item onto my other community has no English speakers there. So they can't contact and enjoy your items here. They'd love your work!! Just want to get a permission from the creator.:D Thank you for the fantastic house! I'm downloading for my sim world!:D
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2011, 06:04:00 PM »
In the rock and stone section of floors, there are some floors that look like marble, with lines. The different parts can be recoloured. If you change the big part to a masonry pattern that looks like tar/gravel, and then change the stripe on the side to be yellow, it makes the lines for the carpark. Do the same for the floor that has the diamond on it. Lots of them together make the x's. The pedestrian section is just the very wide stripe pattern in the geometric patterns. If you look it the Banzai Lounge from Night Life, they have the arrows on the floor there. I recoloured those to have the same texture as the rest. The raised section down the middle and between the entry/exit is platform. The pillars are just 1x1 wall sections. There are also tutorials on how to make a sunken garage - that is how I made the entry/exit go down. I hope this helps :D

Actually I'm still waiting for someone to take up my request to do a disabled sign pattern. That way I can put it on the two wide spaces at the end closest to the elevator :D Then it will be truly life-like.

I would be very happy for you to post a link to this thread with a translation for for friends. I love sharing my creations! That is the best part!

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2011, 06:10:31 PM »
Thank you so much for that lovely house chuckles! I love the pool area, and those patterns on the walls are a genius idea! Not sure about the dive well, but it's a funny idea lol. thank you, I'll download soon! :)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2011, 06:12:35 PM »
Yes, the dive well was meant to be a bit of a joke. It is free in buydebug, so adds no value, but it adds a bit of a focal point :D

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2011, 01:23:53 AM »
So many creative ideas here, I'm amazed. Specially with that painting alike wall covering and parking lot! I also love the lilac pallette and hints of red in white/gray/black design. It looks very sophisticated, fantastic job!

And also, fantastic job on that table in first post, it looks great and it is easy to navigate trough, thank you for taking time to do it :)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2011, 02:25:57 AM »
It was my pleasure :) You directed me to the right place so I could find out how to do it :) To start with it wasn't as important, but I knew I was going to need it as the number of uploads grew. I didn't know how originally, so your post came just the right time!

The last one was inspired as I searched for ways to add custom content to my game, without actually using custom content in my uploads (I was browsing one of the major the CC sites and found myself really wanting a lot of their paintings. I'm thinking that if I photograph those though, that I will need to credit them - it wouldn't be fair not to, because it's almost like stealing them). And because I had a VERY tight budget after all the basics were in place, photos were perfect. After the first photo of the day, they are all worth next to nothing, but look amazing.

My biggest building tip would be: Wallpapers and patterns are your friend - use them creatively!

Chuckles_82

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2011, 05:28:28 AM »
76 Gunther Goth Hwy
Contest Build - Please refrain from commenting until the contest is over

Price Furnished: $18,389
Price Unfurnished: $16,023
Lot Size: 20x20
Description: This charming log cabin by the lake is perfect for a young couple first starting out. A quiet retreat, just minutes from Twinbrook city centre and great potential for development. The property is on rain-water tank water so you don't have to polute your body with the harsh chemicals in town water. To welcome you to your new home we have furnished it with some new furniture to give it a more homely and welcoming feel, complementing the open plan living area.
Download link: 76 Gunther Goth Hwy

Content: All EPs. I think that's all that's in it - but I do have HELS and TLS now too :D

View from the street

Bedroom

Bathroom

Kitchen, Dining and Living

If you download, please note that the old car, fence, 'grass' and the 'water tank' are decorations on the terrain outside the lot. Location is everything though, right?!

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2011, 06:47:09 PM »
I like what I see and I hope to see more.  ;D

You should drop by the showboat thread, it's a great place to show off and ask for input and suggestions.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2011, 09:15:54 PM »
Thanks Danefaith, I have been watching the showboat thread. If I get really stuck on a build I may post in there - I nearly did the other day because I couldn't get my sports club to not look boxy, but in the end I modified the structure enough.

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2011, 11:53:58 AM »
I came here to download pally's mini and ended up downloading most of the houses here, there is some really good things in here, like the use of the costume paintings, slopped driveways, and so many refreshing Ideas !                   
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Offline Agneza

• Occult
  • Don't worry be happy...
    • Agneza's creations
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2011, 02:36:45 PM »
All your houses are really very, very nice, but "Your Quarters" is amazing !!! I LOVE it :D

Chuckles_82

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2011, 05:32:26 PM »
Thankyou to everyone for the lovely comments so far. Just an update, since it's been a while since I added anything new:

I've recently found a bit more motivation to work on my world in CAW. I've added the new spawners (although anyone working with CAW will find that they have to be added in-game on lots - unless you want to mess with package editors - and I do not), the theatre and several new houses. I've had to make just one of the lots 35x35 (all the rest remain 15x15) because unfortunately horses don't like stairs, so I couldn't make a shell for the equestrian centre. I've modified some of my current builds to add to the world - among them 'Your Quarters, Dr Rush', Pally's Modern Mini/Small Modern Townhouse, and Zenadu - which is now Mini Zen (the only lot I have really managed to name).

In a few days when I export my next version of the world for play testing, I will upload some preview images here and to the showboat thread.

Since I'm really terrible at naming things, I'm going to ask for some help with naming my lots, and would also love to hear ideas for a name for my world (I have a couple in mind).

Chuckles_82

Re: At Home With Chuckles - New Tiny Island: Childhood's End
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2011, 02:45:38 AM »
Childhood's End

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4938297

I really only threw this tiny world together in one day. I was inspired by a world in Stargate Atlantis - the episode is called Childhood's End. The people of this world only live to the age of 25. If you were to play this world with mainly children, you would play with testingcheats on so that you could summon NPCs as needed, and populate the world with families without adults. If you find you are having too many adult NPCs spawn, you can age them up til Grimmie comes.

I have only created one type of tree-house and placed multiple copies over the island - I'll leave it up to others' creativity to branch out (sorry, couldn't help it) and make different types.

For those of you tired of sims making tonnes and tonnes of money, all that can change with this story. Only the children can make the money in this world - be it selling items they have made or cake stalls, it will be much slower than playing adults with careers.

All the spawners except the fresh water fish, seeds (just a special 4 spawner) and the pets spawners have been added - including the WA spawners because children can't travel on their own. I haven't included plants or seeds because children can't garden. If you choose to allow teenagers to garden, you can always add the plants yourself from buy debug.

To create and save a family without adults:

Create a family in CAH - you must have at least 1 adult
Move the family into a house and play
Pause
Turn testingcheats on
Shift+click the adult and select Edit in create a sim
Change the age of the adult to a child or teenager
Return to game
Go to Edit town
Evict the family without the house
Click the family on the left-hand side of the screen and choose save to library

You now have a family without adults which you can use to start populating the world :) Included below is a sample family consisting of 1 female toddler, 1 male child and 1 female teen.

Recommended settings:
Life span: Epic
Baby - 7 days
Toddler - 14 days
Child - 140 days
Teen - 14 days (longer may be necessary for extended play as you need at least a teenager to care for babies and toddlers your adults have/adopt before they die)
Young Adult 2 days
Adult - 2 days
Elder - 2 days

Pool

Junkyard

Graveyard

Park

School (rabbit hole in basement) - needs to be replaced with file below due to routing issue.

Library

House exterior

House interior

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2011, 03:06:27 AM »
Wow Chuckles! Looks really nice and perfect for your Children island.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

JellybeanJayden

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2012, 06:10:38 PM »
How did you get the bunk beds?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2012, 06:13:36 PM »
Bunk beds are available if you have Generations
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Chuckles_82

Re: At Home With Chuckles - coming Soon: Orbital Planes
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2013, 03:25:44 AM »
Orbital Planes

Price Furnished: ~$229,183
Price Unfurnished: ~$91,031
Lot Size: 30x30 best placed on 130 East Starfall Rd, Lunar Lakes (next to the Altos).
Description: Who has a UFO? You. Who has a motive mobile? You. Who has all the latest mod cons? You. In this futuristic space-house, your sim will have the best of the best. Boasting a kitchen any chef could dream of, living room, pool, sauna, gym, home theatre and much more your sims will be perfectly happy. Everything in this house is upgraded mechanically and scientifically to provide unique advantages and moodlets. Outside there is a perfect garden, and your very own Cow Plant! After all, when you live in an extraordinary house, why would you want an ordinary pet?!
Additional Information:I have created this house to make use of the extensive collection of premium store content that I own. I will upload two versions - the empty house, and the house with an Alien family.
Content: Base Game, World Adventures, Ambitions, High End Loft Stuff, Night Life, Outdoor Living Stuff, Showtime, Seasons, Pets. Store content as listed below, including content from Lunar Lakes, Lucky Palms, and Monte Vista.

Future Shock Kitchen
Future Shock Living
The Final Frontier
Future Shock Bedroom

Serious Artist's Easel
BahHaus Garage Door v.1
Prickly Pear Cactus with Blue Flowers
Mesquite Shrubbery
Desert Debris
The Cow Plant
Tree of Prosperity
Multitab 6000
Automated access
Chun Co. Teppanyaki Grill
Frost Bite Pro Icecream Machine
Sizzle Baby Pro Deep Frier
Wood Fire Oven
Sweet Masses Chromodynamic Candy Dish
Haiku of the Lotus
Uber Sani-Sim Toilet
The Not So Routine Machine
Solace Snugabunny Deluxe Baby Swing
Access Apeture
Sharper Sims Super Sleeper
Sharper Sim Foot Massage Chair
Steam it up Sauna
Spa Necessities
Origami Planter Shape

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7559328

Offline Alyse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2013, 08:00:05 AM »
I am so happy I stopped by here! :)

I think my favorite upload is the Childhood's End world. I really like the idea of playing as children only, and seeing what happens. Life is so simple - no romance, hardly any drama... But then again - you have to work and you're only in grade school. :( - And by work, of course I mean gather/make things. :P

Louise56

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2013, 10:00:15 AM »
It look fantastic Chuckles! Any alien will be very happy to live here. You have wonderful houses on this thread!

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2013, 10:18:07 AM »
Such beautiful work !  Love your style and  decor . Brilliant work !   :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2013, 02:52:29 AM »
I've just come and looked through and I love all your builds. Thank you for sharing all these with us!

Chuckles_82

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2013, 09:06:36 AM »
It's been a very long time, but I finally have got around to getting this ready for upload. Now if I can just get the page to load...

Chuckles_82

Re: At Home With Chuckles - It's here! Orbital Planes
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2013, 08:46:18 PM »
The file is too big, so it's uploaded to the exchange. Download link at the bottom of the post.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2013, 09:39:41 PM »
The Inside-Out Home

Price Partly Furnished:§158,922
Price Unfurnished:§121,608
Lot size: 36x47 (53 Waterfall Way, Sunset Valley)
Description:Based on the home of architect Arthur Cassas, this house brings the outside in. If your sim loves the outdoors, then they will keep this moodlet throughout the entire house!  This partly furnished 5 bedroom home boasts a large pool, spa, study, entertaining area, and overlooks the beautiful waterfall in Sunset Valley.
Content: World Adventureses, High End Loft Stuff, Ambitions, Nightlife, Outdoor Living Stuff, Townlife Stuff, Pets, Master Suite Stuff, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise

Kyoto Light (Japanese Dining Set)
Au Courant Stool
Tropical Coconut Palm (Sunlit Tides)
Bird of Paradise (Sunlit Tides)
Swiss Cheese Plant (Sunlist Tides)
Little Trees (tulips in vase)
VDBM-880 Wall Mirror
Mounted Fireplace
Table of Balance by Feng Shui
Tropical Water Lily Light (Sunlit Tides)
Leaves of Tears
Sharper Edge Skylights Part VIII

Pattern: Wood_Flooring_Horizontal_01

Chuckles_82

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2013, 07:26:46 AM »
A Gem of A Victorian

As the name suggests, this house was supposed to be for the contest, but I never got around to finishing it. Now I am having a cleaning up and project finishing week, here it is:

Furnished Price: §35,000 on Anne Song Ave, or §33, 456 on a standard 20x30
Unfurnished Price: §27,411
Lot size: 20x30
Description:  This lovely home features a traditional Victorian exterior, and is decorated in the Victorian style througout. We bring you the anitique and luxurious feel without being hard on the hip-pocket. Outside there is a lovely vegetable garden and pond, whilst upstairs a private abode for the artist, and a spare room for a lodger (they'll need to bring their own furniture though!).
Content:World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise

It is also decorated throughout extensively with my own patterns:
Floral_01
Floral_03
Glossy Subway Tile 1
Vintage Feature Tile 02
Floral_01 (now how did that happen lol)
Bevelled_Arabesque_Tile_XSmall
Floral_Embossed_Wallpaper
Tapestry_08
Antique Striped Scroll
Chimney Modern
Glossy Panelling 01