Author Topic: The Victorian  (Read 7007 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
The Victorian
« on: September 29, 2011, 05:25:21 PM »
Name:The Victorian - A furnished version of my Victorian Farmhouse Shell
Lot Size:60x60 Build in Sunset Valley next to Landgrabbs
Bedrooms: 3
Bathrooms: 3 1/2
Furnished: $275,293
Unfurnished: $159,955
EP and SP: A little from all of them except Fast Lane. I don't have it.
I'm 95% sure there was no store items used. :) I tried to be careful of that.

My patterns used: Stone Block Wall, Rock Wall, Zigzag wood and Basket Weave can be found here.

Special thanks to:
Jance for her BlueJean patterns
Lizzy for her Blue-ish Bathroom tiles
Thank you both for some wonderful patterns. :)

Front of the house showing the pond, gazebo in the backyard and two car garage in the lower left and a wrap around porch.

Swimming pool and gazebo in the back. The gazebo is raised up to see over the fence for a view of the ocean.

Overview of the second floor with Bedroom, Kids bedroom and play room, Workout room, Art room, 2 bathrooms and balcony overlooking the entrance.

First floor with Master Bedroom and bath, Laundry room, Study, Dining room, Kitchen, Family room, Sun room.

Kitchen for all your cooking needs. Not shown in the shot is the Fridge and wine rack.

Dining room with seating for 12

Master Bedroom

Master Bathroom with walk in closet

Kids Bedroom

Family Room

Study

Hope you like it.

A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Victorian
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 10:52:35 PM »
I really like this house, but two things.  How did you curve the hedges and also, how did you get the kitchen counters to fit together around those corners?  I love different shapes in the kitchen, but could never get the counters to mesh up. :)

Edit:  After looking at it, I would imagine you used moveobjects on.  I did try that with the cabinets and I still could not get it to work.  One time I managed to do something like that, but my sim had issues with trying to use the small appliances.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 11:48:31 PM »
The hedges are just a bunch of hedges from the shrubs category in build mode placed with moveobjects on and holding the alt key so they could be moved freely. I used the dirt terrain paint to make a curved line for a guide and just started placing hedges along that line close together.

And the counters were placed with moveobjects also. Had to use moveobjects to place the dishwasher and trash compactor also. I took sim into the house and tried everything out. They could use everything there.
Only problems I had is where the counters turn a 45 by the windows, when lining them up with the other counters they show through the wall to the outside just a little so I placed a couple potted plants on the porch to hide that. :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 12:23:19 AM »
Great job and it makes the house look really good.  I use moveobjects on alot and it is really great to be able to see everyone elses creations and how they use it. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 12:43:16 AM »
I agree, It's interesting so see what can be done with the cheats. This house was a learning experience for me. I hadn't messed with the moveobjects or constrainfloorelevation much until this project. It was fun to do and frustrating also.
I don't know how many times I would have a counter just where I wanted it and click the mouse button to set down and nudge the mouse when clicking and it would move the counter just a little and throw it off. Have to pick it and try again. 

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 04:55:02 PM »
I loved the shell of this house when you posted it earlier and I love the finished product even more!  I just want to explore every nook and cranny of the house and property - it has tremendous visual appeal and is so tastefully done!  BRAVO!

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 05:52:30 PM »
Very nice! How did you do the dining room table? I've seen something like it in one of Danefaith's homes but still don't know how to do it  :(
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 06:55:23 PM »
A lot of tables merged using Moveobjects ;)
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 07:14:06 PM »
I knew that, I should of said this: What table is used to make the table? I've tried different kinds and all look... odd.  :-\

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 07:14:34 PM »
Very nice! How did you do the dining room table? I've seen something like it in one of Danefaith's homes but still don't know how to do it  :(

With moveobjects on I took 4 tables with square end and holding the alt key to move them freely I butted the ends together.  The tables are longer than the width of 2 tables so it leaves a gap in the middle. I took a vase of flowers that was taller than the tables to cover the gap. The flowers vase I used would also set on a table so to keep it from going on the table instead of under I used the disablesnappingtoslotsonalt on cheat

The tables

Put together with moveobjects and holding alt

The vase I used

Start filling the gap

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 07:16:24 PM »
I knew that, I should of said this: What table is used to make the table? I've tried different kinds and all look... odd.  :-\

For this I used the Dining table of contents that came with Town Life but any table with a straight end should work

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 07:17:44 PM »
Wow! Thank you for the fast response, and gosh, I should have thought to use that table  :-[  ::)
You can guarantee I'm going to use it in my next home, It looks so cool  :o
Thank you  :D

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 07:25:49 PM »
No problem, Glad to help out. :)

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 07:39:59 PM »
Wow, it a lot more complicated then it looks like ! very well done !
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

VampirePlasma

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 07:43:16 PM »
Oh! I'll use that in my Dynasty! I would have never figured that out. (I thought they were floors!  :D)

anything