Author Topic: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program  (Read 327406 times)

Offline DoubleWe

• Townie
Re: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program
« Reply #195 on: November 03, 2011, 06:45:36 AM »
This is how my ranch came out. It's nothing special and probably not possible in reality but I like it.  

Leto85

« Reply #196 on: November 03, 2011, 12:00:18 PM »
Than it's good DoubleWe. Your horses have plenty of room to train so that's basically everything they need.
Now how about a stable? ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #197 on: November 03, 2011, 12:15:07 PM »
He's got stables. ;)  They run the length of the building in the middle (from what I can tell).  Interesting design.  I like it.  And having lots of room for the horses to run around is good.

As for the Equestrian Center.  No, you cannot change it from being a rabbit hole.  And the only elements you can change on the lot are the exterior elements.  It's why I made my training grounds try to match the center because I can't change the look of the building at the Equestrian Center.

Leto85

« Reply #198 on: November 03, 2011, 12:32:46 PM »
He's got stables. ;)  They run the length of the building in the middle (from what I can tell).  Interesting design.  I like it.  And having lots of room for the horses to run around is good.

Okey! I didn't see that. One thing only I thought about now is that your sim need to walk an entire field when the taxi arives to go to your job. Perhaps the building should be placed in the front?
You still can do that, if you save the building to the bin, place it again on the lot and the game will ask you which angle should need the street. Place it backwards and all you need to do next is relocating the front door and perhaps some indoor designing.

noani

« Reply #199 on: November 03, 2011, 12:56:31 PM »

I wish there was a way to slow down the clock relative to everything else.

If you're willing to try a mod (Edited by Anushka).

I've got a question: Do you get more for foals if they're purebred or can their parents be of different breeds and you still get the same price for selling them?

Dellena

« Reply #200 on: November 03, 2011, 01:36:55 PM »
I haven't sold enough to give a definitive answer but I can say that 'pure' breeds don't exist in Sims.  It's just the look.  From what I can tell, the price of sold stock is determined by their skill points as well as whether they are 'Untrained' or not.  However, the sire and dam can influence the price if they have completed the skill challenges Jumping Star, for jumping, and/or Champion Racehorse, for racing.  I don't know if the benefits from these challenges are cummulative or not.  I'm working toward Champion Racehorse on two of my horses at the moment and Jumping Star on another.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #201 on: November 03, 2011, 01:40:25 PM »
Hi Noani and welcome to our Forum.

I edited your post because you wrote the name of the mod, and promote it's usage. By the Forum Rules (Link is in my signature), no member is allowed to discuss or promote mods, so please read and follow the Rules.

Thanks,
Anushka

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

noani

« Reply #202 on: November 03, 2011, 04:08:56 PM »
Whoops, sorry, way to make a first impression..

FrillySlayerPig

« Reply #203 on: November 03, 2011, 07:49:26 PM »
Dellena,
I love your barn that is next to the house. It is amazing!! Can you PM me and show me how to make it open on one side with the beams? If it's not too much trouble? It really does look amazing. I have a real horse ranch and it actually looks a lot like my barn. My barn is open on one side as well, but it's a metal barn instead of wood. I have two real horses, one is a Quarter horse mare named Khloe and the other is a mini horse named Ellie Mae (Ellie for short). If you want I can post pictures, my mini horse is adorable :-). Have any of you seen the whole 50 foal challenge thingy? People post stories as they do a 50 foal challenge and there are some great Sim's 3 horse stories there. I will post the link below. I am working on my own 50 foal challenge. Here is the link with the rules and all the stories posted so far  http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/450566.page

FrillySlayerPig

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #204 on: November 03, 2011, 07:53:09 PM »
Whoops, sorry, way to make a first impression..

No harm done.  And thanks for understanding.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Dellena

« Reply #205 on: November 03, 2011, 09:10:41 PM »
Dellena,
I love your barn that is next to the house. It is amazing!! Can you PM me and show me how to make it open on one side with the beams? If it's not too much trouble? It really does look amazing.

FrillySlayerPig

Done :)  My trick is to consider the roof first.  So place walls that you'll get rid of later so you can get the roof to work. :)

Offline DoubleWe

• Townie
« Reply #206 on: November 04, 2011, 05:21:39 AM »
Thank you. She is buzzed to see that you like her ranch. That truly is a long way to go ... I really should consider turning it ... even if I don't know where to place the front door.
By the way ... left wing is the kitchen and a small bathroom, right wing the living room and a bathroom. Both sided have a corridor with stair cases: Left wing holds the kids room and right the master bedroom. Right above the stables is some kind off trophy room (without any trophy right now)

For the center ... so I have to build my own but would it be possible to participate in races and all that?

Dellena

« Reply #207 on: November 04, 2011, 09:23:14 AM »
Why do you have to build your own center?  And you can't participate in races without the rabbit hole.

Offline DoubleWe

• Townie
« Reply #208 on: November 04, 2011, 09:54:39 AM »
Ah ... so no center. I thought I could somehow outmaneuver the rabbit hole. No such luck. However it's good that someone told otherwise I would have tried on and on and on. :)

noani

« Reply #209 on: November 04, 2011, 04:52:51 PM »
I've got another question: Does it matter if the stallion is an adult or an elder when he wellyouknowwhats the mare? And by matter I mean regarding the price you can sell the foal at.

And another one: If your stallion gets a mare pregnant, and while she is pregnant, or even when the foal is already born, he completes one of the challenges, does the foal sell at a higher price too? Or does it only count if the stallion completed the challenge before? I hope you get what I'm trying to ask here, it's not that important to me anyway, just been wondering.

anything