Author Topic: What current projects are you working on?  (Read 13552 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: What current projects are you working on?
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2011, 09:05:39 PM »
I sure know about getting stuck. Working on trying to get my world to completion I have seen regular 'stuck' periods. I have 4 lots that are just shells - a small number compared to what I have completed, but I don't normally just build shells. I usually completely deck a house out. My longest 'stuck' period was a few weeks.

I'm currently waiting for my next inspiration to continue. I need a couple more houses and a couple more community lots and it's finished. I did see a very cool one that I think I might adapt - it is called 'The Hive - Exclusive Lounge'. But ultimately I need a couple of days break I think.

Edit: With all the really nice houses I saw today, the one that really jumped out (and hurt my eyes lol) was one called 'Strawberry Sundae'. But at the same time as thinking 'ouch!' I also thought... yumm! The colour scheme totally suggested strawberry sundae. So I've adapted that one for my world. I wasn't planning on building today - I didn't feel much like it - but well - who can pass up a strawberry sundae? (I'm going to go and buy one to drink now too!).

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2011, 09:30:47 PM »
I've being trying to build a modern home for the Santa House contest; but I'm blank when it comes to furnishing. Ah well, maybe after the contest, I'll go post the shell and recolor everything less... less Santa-y. :P
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2011, 10:30:59 AM »
I've decided to work my way through the lifetime wishes, having each heir move to a different town when he or she becomes a young adult. Of course, the first wish my Sim rolled was Great Explorer, so this project might end very quickly!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2011, 12:26:06 PM »
I've decided to work my way through the lifetime wishes, having each heir move to a different town when he or she becomes a young adult. Of course, the first wish my Sim rolled was Great Explorer, so this project might end very quickly!

You could look up Carls listing of lifetime wishes and work your way A-Z through them.  Just arrange your traits so you get the ones you want.  I (myself) wouldn't do it as a legacy though, I would find that too hard to do alphabetical lifetime wishes and keep to legacy rules.  But its a great idea, and I might have to try it myself!  ( of course I look it up and the lifetime wishes start at B - Become a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder... So the life time wishes B-W.... though I didn't notice any Pets life time wishes... there are pet LTW aren't there?)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2011, 01:33:58 PM »
The Pets wishes all begin with "The." And I'm doing a very loose legacy. The main reason I didn't take the alphabetical route is that I've done "Become a Creature-Robot Cross-Breeder" so many times that it seemed tedious rather than interesting.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2011, 02:17:21 PM »
The Pets wishes all begin with "The." And I'm doing a very loose legacy. The main reason I didn't take the alphabetical route is that I've done "Become a Creature-Robot Cross-Breeder" so many times that it seemed tedious rather than interesting.

True, I guess "Become a Creature-Robot Cross-Breeder" is a popular one that gets rolled, that and "World Renowned Surgeon",  especially if they play chess or are geniuses.

Still it sounds like a great idea, one that I may steal!

So anyone keeping track of these great ideas?  we need an inspiration post for people who are in a rut! a "to-do" list! 

:D

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2011, 04:11:18 PM »
True, I guess "Become a Creature-Robot Cross-Breeder" is a popular one that gets rolled, that and "World Renowned Surgeon",  especially if they play chess or are geniuses.
Funny you say that as I've never done that Lifetime Wish!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2011, 04:52:03 PM »
Funny you say that as I've never done that Lifetime Wish!

ha!  maybe its just me, my sims always roll those, maybe the kids play too much chess!  :D

Leto85

« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2011, 05:46:27 PM »
I am working on the Multi Millionaire Mansion, but mostly in my head.
It is very difficult to devine space on the ground floor. Especially outside: a garden with all the vegetables a Sim can grow, a range area for horses, parking pltoaces for cars and a show car garage. And not to mention the mansion itself!
I am facing luxury problems right from the start. :P

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2011, 06:18:04 PM »
That sounds like First World Problem Leto :P dividing space is one of the most difficult tasks in building, you gotta have patience for that, and have a long term vision to see what could come out, but I don't think I need to tell you that ;) When I get stuck I usually  just sit there and wait for the breakthrough to come :P currently I was having like HUGE issues with my game, concerning laggin and slowing up, tried all that I found at the Technical Board but nothing, so I went on a journey for knowledge on the games mechanisms, went through the forests of mods and modder to come up with the "article" I just posted :P
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Leto85

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2011, 06:34:27 PM »
That sounds like First World Problem Leto :P dividing space is one of the most difficult tasks in building, you gotta have patience for that, and have a long term vision to see what could come out, but I don't think I need to tell you that ;) When I get stuck I usually  just sit there and wait for the breakthrough to come :P currently I was having like HUGE issues with my game, concerning laggin and slowing up, tried all that I found at the Technical Board but nothing, so I went on a journey for knowledge on the games mechanisms, went through the forests of mods and modder to come up with the "article" I just posted :P

Oh really?
Linky please! :D

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2011, 06:37:12 PM »
here you go :
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,8266.0.html
please move it to the tech help board I miss posted :P
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Leto85

« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2011, 07:15:23 AM »
here you go :
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,8266.0.html
please move it to the tech help board I miss posted :P

Looking nice Kiko! I think members really can use this when games will slow down.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2011, 07:43:43 PM »
I'm at my parents' house for a couple of days, so no Sims.  I did find a pad of graph paper (paper with a grid), so out of boredom I sat down and actually drew out plans for a house for the first time ever.  This is probably the first time I sat down and drew the house out first and paid little attention to exactly how it will be furnished, other than the space needed to allow for staircases.  It was terrific fun!  I'm very glad to be going home tomorrow, though, to get back to my game and put this plan into action.   8)