Author Topic: The Frio DecaDynasty - Generation 4.2: Heir's Responsibilities (14.12.2013)  (Read 20283 times)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Hi, I bring you my first 'story' on this forum and my second try of the Townie DecaDynasty (I blew my first attempt, when I forgot to empty my first heir's inventory when he moved out of his parent's house).

Prologue: Introductions

Generation 1.1: Birthdays, birthdays and more birthdays
Generation 1.2: Young love
Generation 1.3: The Grimmie always calls thrice
Generation 1.4: Happy days are here again

Spares: A rocky relationship
Interlude: Surprises

Generation 2.1: The twins' first years
Generation 2.2: Learning from the older generation
Generation 2.3: September romance
Generation 2.4: From teenhood to (young) adulthood
Generation 2.5: Lydias lycka
Generation 2.6: The waiting is the hardest part
Generation 2.7: The Most Dramatic Night in sim Frio history
Generation 2.8: Almost there
Generation 2.9: I'm already there

Interlude 2: Getting ready for generation three

Generation 3.1: Definitely new Beginnings
Generation 3.2: Celebrations
Generation 3.3: Teen Years
Generation 3.4: Party Time!
Generation 3.5: Life goes on... and a life ends
Generation 3.6: Love and Death
Generation 3.7: Time to Move On

Interlude 3: It Takes Two To Tango

Generation 4.1: The New Life
Generation 4.2: Heir's Responsibilities
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PS. Feel free to correct my English. I'm from Finland, so English is only my third language (after Finnish and Swedish). I find especially the punctuation to be really difficult, because it's a bit different from my native language.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Frio DecaDynasty
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 01:59:29 AM »
The Prologue: Introductions

My DecaDynasty starts here, on 7 Sun Song Avenue, Sunset Valley, Simlandia. It's the Ocean Vista Cottage, which many of you know as the Frio house. I'm pretty new to the Sims 3 - I've played it for only a couple of months - and I chose this household, because I've never played the Frio brothers and wanted to get to know them.

The founders of my DecaDynasty, Connor Frio and Madison VanWatson, meet here for the first time. I chose Madison as the spouse, because I love her (she's pretty and fun) and I know she's a really easy catch - my first Sims3 sim Don Lothario got her pregnant within a couple of hours after they met.

The founders had barely time to shake hands before Madison had to rush off to work. But Connor did not let her off the hook that easily. He followed her to the salon - she was the stylist of Sunset Valley - and they had a nice long chat. Madison let her customers wait, which I took as a good sign.

The next evening, Connor asked Madison out on a date to the beach. Madison tenderly pressed Connor against her ample bosom.

Which gave Connor the bright idea to go for a first kiss. But Madison is not THAT easy (to my great surprise).

Knowing that a good meal can soften almost anyone, Connor then took Madison back to his home for dinner. After the meal with some discreet footplay under the table...

.. Madison and Connor finally had their first, sweet kiss.

The next evening, Connor was ready to propose ...

... and without further ado, they had a private wedding.

Oh, so romantic!

And the first heir is on the making!

Madison got a makeover. She's childish and a snob, so left on her own devices she's guaranteed to be found in front of the mirror making funny faces. Gotta love her. Her other traits are ambitious, excitable and clumsy, and she wants to "live in the lap of luxury". I had her quit her stylist job and join the business career, because a rabbit hole career for her allows me to concentrate on the heir and his/her goals.

Connor is a bookworm and a loner, so you can often find him quietly sitting somewhere immersed in a book. His other traits are absent minded, unflirty and good, and his LTW is to become an "Illustrious Author". He's mostly out of the way either pursuing the journalist career or working on a novel over his computer. A very quiet and unassuming character, whom you won't see much.

Adam in the garden of Eden? No, it's the third member of the household, Connor's brother Jared, working on their small garden patch. He's inappropriate and his preferred outfit is his sleepware. So, he is not naked, just wearing his green briefs there. Jared is destined to provide the required tombstone and he's making his way up the culinary career track towards his LTW of becoming a five-star chef.

And look, you'll get to meet the fourth member of the family shortly.

A new Friooooooooooo is on the waaaaaaayyyy...

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Aidan Frio, the first heir of the Frio DecaDynasty.

The magic gnomes of the family, Carl and Barks, bid you farewell until the next installment.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 02:05:24 AM »
I really like your choice of founders Tipi! I love their new looks too! Awesome start! I'll be sure to keep reading!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 05:27:02 AM »
I am glad you decided to share your story with us. Good luck.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 12:32:45 AM »
Ooh, thank you for your comments! :)

A couple of notes, before I go onto the next chapter:
- I have only the base game and Ambitions installed, so no travelling, no celebrities etc at least for the first generations.
- I have played quite far ahead by now: my third heir has already been conceived. When I started the challenge, I did not plan to publish it. That's why I did not take many pictures and the first chapters cover quite long time spans.
- All the kid's names will be picked from the name of the day list at the Behind The Name -website

Generation 1.1: Birthdays, birthdays and more birthdays

It's Aidan Frio's first birthday, the first of many birthdays in this update. 

I was hoping Aidan would inherit Madison's lovely mouth, but no such luck. He's a blond copy of Connor. I have no pictures, but Aidan learned all his toddler skills.

And uncle Jared took little Aidan to the library and read him all the toddler books. Of course, I don't have any pictures of that either. In stead I have this totally random photo of cute, little Samuel Keaton playing in the toy box in the library. Samuel is the second son of Marty and Justine Keaton. I did not know it at this point, but Samuel will appear in this dynasty later.

The toddler days just flew by. Aidan is a loner and loves the outdoors, so with a crib on the porch, a lot of time alone with his toys, a teddy bear in his inventory and the beautiful vista of his home,  little Aidan amassed more happiness points than any other toddler in my game before.  

Aidan is a pretty serious guy.

After giving birth to three kids, Madison is worriedly checking herself out in the mirror. She's happy to see, that she looks as fresh and lovely as ever.

In addition to his loner and loves the outdoors traits, Aidan got the angler trait. So, it's quite obvious, that he's going to top the angler career and supermax fishing.

Aidan spends most of his free time alone on the beach. Since his home is so near to the sea, he's able to stay outdoors until curfew and max skilling time.

The beginning was a bit tough, but before his teen birthday he was well on the way maxing fishing. And yes, Aidan's favourite colour is hot pink.

Uncle Jared, a mean sim, has the habit of sneering at the birthday child. 

Aidan looks more and more like his father Connor (who, by the way, does not get any face time in this chapter).

At some point Aidan got a little sister, Melissa, who grows into a toddler all alone without a party or even a cake. Poor little thing.

Madison is pregnant for the third, and last, time, when she takes Melissa to the cake. Now, the forgotten daughter finally got some attention. Uncle Jared is once again dressed just in his briefs, his favourite attire. And apparently you'll have to wait to see, what Melissa looks like as a child. :)

This s Rudolf Frio.

Ant this is how Melissa looks like from the back. She only sold one muffin, poor girl.

Rudolf grew into toddler among a sea of naked legs. The dress code for his toddler and Melissa's teen birthday party was bathing suits.

And finally a proper picture of Melissa just before she grows up.

She takes after her mother. I have a soft spot for the rounder female sims, so I like her a lot.

A traffic jam at the Frio house. Melissa brings home a familiar face from school.

It's Samuel Keaton. The cute little toddler has grown up into a pretty handsome teen. It does not take long until Melissa and Samuel have their first kiss and start going steady.

The sneering Jared does not deserve a party, so he turns into elder in the back yard of the diner where he works. He had been exploring the catacombs right before his shift started. :)

Rudolf also had a birthday. Of the three Frio kids, he displays the best combination of his parent's features.

Our heir Aidan reached his LTW and is here "Presenting his Perfect Private Aquarium". Way to go, Aidan!

The Frios have two new magic gnomes, Don and Rosa. They enjoy KidZ Zone as much as the children of the house.

loveSims

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 05:44:01 AM »
I like your story! Look foward to more updates.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 08:05:35 AM »
You have been busy. Happy birthday to everyone.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 03:28:20 AM »
Thanks to everyone who have commented and read the story. :)

I'm moving along fast with the story, because I want to get closer to where I am actually by now: generation 3 that is.

Generation 1.2: Young love

Have you noticed that sims wash their toys (which they actually don't own)? After this random observation, on to the actual story...

Cousin Marcella Ursine - the illegitimate daughter of Jared Frio and Claire Ursine - is cheering for the birthday boy. Aidan is turning into young adult.

And Aidan seems ready to tackle all the tasks he has to fulfill in order to continue the dynasty. By this time he has already made it to the honor roll in both grade and high school and maxed fishing (he still has to fish about a 100 fish to supermax it).

Mother Madison turns into elder. And the schadenfreude continues..

Madison is still pretty as an elder - and does not give up her beloved miniskirts - when the family celebrates yet another birthday:

Rudolf turns into a stoutly teen. He wants to be the Emperor of Evil, so he'll have to work on his physique quite a bit.

And the birthday parties continue: It's Connor's turn to become an elder now. The teen girl in the middle is Eve Madsen and you'll see more of her soon. 

And the last transition in this update takes place far up the mountains. Melissa celebrates her birthday all on her own at Stoney Falls.

Still looking nice, although she had to exchange her pretty dress for this dumb outfit.

Now that our heir is a young adult, mother Melissa gets on with her second duty for the dynasty: making friends (the first was of course giving birth to the heir). She's chatting up Darlene Bunch in the background, while the rest of the Bunch siblings are picnicking with Gobias Koffi and the Bachelor kids. 

This fire is also a part of the process of making friends - we had to get the firefighter on the lot somehow. Notice Connor's panicking hands that come through the brick wall. :)

Aidan is also developing an important friendship of his own with the pretty Eve Madsen. She is a young adult now and lives with her parents and a younger sister in the fancy villa called 'Cormorant' - a very desirable spouse in many respects.

Aidan is very eager to take their friendship onto the next level, but Eve is a bit hesitant. Is refusing the fist kiss becoming a tradition in this dynasty?

Jared Frio had long since reached his LTW of becoming a five-star chef, so it is time to retire now. From then on he has nothing else to do than to laze around in his pajamas, while the family waits for him to die and provide a nice tombstone. :) 

Melissa has developed a crush on Mortimer Goth and the feeling seems mutual (I feared that his grumpiness would make developing the romance a bit hard).

Mother Madison does not approve of her daughter's shenanigans at all. After all, Melissa is still officially Samuel Keaton's girlfriend. In Melissa's defence I must say, that Samuel and Melissa have not met each other after high school and their relationship is nearly zero by now.

Is it telepathy or what, but Samuel just happened to walk by the Frio house at that moment! So Melissa rushes out and tells him of her feelings towards Mortimer.

Samuel does not take the break up very well. 

(After this all the Frio's could use a friendly interaction "Express sympathy for Samuel" and it took me almost a generation to figure out that it was THIS Samuel and the break-up that caused the interaction to pop up. I thought that it was some random Samuel who had just died, and it was like condolences for his death to a friend of his. It just goes to show, how new I am to this game. :)  )

With Samuel out of the picture, Melissa returnes to Mortimer, who patiently waits for her in the hall. From then on things progress fast...

Now, mother seems not to have any objections to the relationship. If I were Madison, I would have suggested that Melissa would wait a bit, before rushing into a new relationship, but it's just Sims...

Then the engaged couple celebrates in the master bed...

... and a couple of days later Melissa invites Mortimer over to tell him of the consequences of their celebration. Mortimer is taken by surprise. He explains that he cannot have a family in the craped 'Pre-fabulous' trailer he lives in. I guess Gunther and Cornelia had used all their fortune for the upkeep of the huge, run-down manor, which left poor Mortimer flat broke after they died, so he had to move to the cheapest house in Sunset Valley.

But in the end the young couple celebrates a private wedding and moves out to a new home, which they buy with the money Melissa brings in. (The game threw them into the former Goffi house - not bad at all.)

Don and Rosa are always into some shenanigans. ;)

Offline IflanaNifi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 07:01:35 PM »
Good luck with your Frio dynasty! Usually Mortimer moves out of Goth Manor for me when his parents die, sometimes before. That or he moves in with Agnes if she's around very often too.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 07:07:44 AM »
Looking forward to Aidan and Eve's wedding!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 10:02:37 AM »
Thanks once again to all the readers and commenters. :)

The story moves on, but you still have to wait for the wedding...

Generation 1.3: The Grimmie always calls thrice

One night Jared Frio woke up with a peculiar feeling. The room felt cold and his body seemed so light.

Hazily Jared saw all his loved ones gather around him. But one figure was quite clear to him:  the tall, thin and dark character right in front of him. The Grimmie had come to collect Jared from Sim Earth.

Another moving requirement fulfilled.

The whole family was grieving - even Aidan. Having spent all his time fishing, Aidan had never really gotten to know his uncle and now regretted it bitterly. Luckily Eve Madsen was there for him providing a shoulder to cry on.

Determined that he would not let this relationship go past him, Aidan made time to go on dates with Eve between fishing trips. Aidan's Old Pier Beach - a community lot he had recently bought and upgraded - was an ideal spot in many respects.

There the young sweethearts finally shared their first kiss. But it was a bittersweet moment with the recent death still casting a dark shadow over the romance.

But the setting, with upgraded features, could not be more beautiful.

Sister Melissa's new home provided young Rudolf Frio a welcome refuge from his grieving home. Rudy had become best friends with his brother-in-law Mortimer Goth and he also celebrated his transition into young adult with Morty.  

After a cozy evening spent by an open fire roasting marshmallows ...

... Rudolf was ready to throw himself into the life of crime. To get credibility he acquired a bunch of tattoos on his well-trained body. But don't tell anyone - he was really, really afraid of the needle.

The previous night Rudolf had noticed how pudgy his friend Mortimer had become. So, he invited old Mort to he gym and forced him to train on the treadmill for hours.

And gradually the Frio family returned to their normal routine with Aidan spending hours on the beach fishing,..

... father Connor inconspicuously writing novels in some corner and mother Madison busy making friends left and right. She even invited some of the service people over, like the papergirl and the repair technician here.

Jared's ghost paid frequent visits to the dismay of the young Frio brothers. They hated being woken by Jared playing with the computer in their bedroom.

But Melissa was happy for these visits: another NPC to befriend.

Eve Madsen and Aidan were really in love by now.

So Aidan gathered up his courage and proposed going steady.

And it was not long before Aidan popped the question - unceremoniously in front of the trash can. But it's the thought that counts, not the surroundings, and Eve was more than happy to accept the proposal.

One night Aidan withessed a heart-breaking scene at the library: the grim reaper came to get a woman right in front her little son's eyes.  

The Grimmie lingered a while enjoying the peaceful atmosphere of the old library.

Aidan tried to approach him to ask about the meaning of life, but just managed to use the moodlet manager on Grimmie, before the dark figure faded into thin air as mysteriously as it had appeared.

Madison Frio was busy mingling with her NPC friends when a familiar, dark figure entered the house out of nowhere. The Grim Reaper had come to collect Madison. But Madison was prepared for the visit. She teleported a gift thorough the wall to a baffled Grimmie. A gift he never could resist - the death flower. And so, both Madison and this DecaDynasty were saved.

The first generation of the Frio DecaDynasty nears its end, when Aidan enters adulthood.

The Frio family gnomes enjoy the sprinkler at least as much as the sims do.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 12:21:32 PM »
Darn Grim, well at least we could save Madison. :-\

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 10:08:55 AM »
Generation 1.4: Happy days are here again

After the dramatic times the Frio family had in the last update, their life has settled into a nice and happy routine. Aidan divided his time between fishing... 

... and dating Eve. They still had to wait a while before all the moving requirements are met. Aidan still needed to reach the top of the angler career...

...and mother Madison needed still to make a few friends. That's why they left a couple of bills unpaid. 

Madison had a bunch of ex-babysitters in her phonebook and decided to introduce one of them, Marina Beaty, to her youngest Rudolf. Rudolf stole (pun intended) his first shy kiss from her right after they met.

It seemed like a match made in heaven. The couple spent the entire evening kissing and cuddling - autonomously - in Aidan and Rudolf's bedroom.

And before the night was over, Rudolf dug out a ring - probably stolen goods - from his pocket and proposed to the beautiful Marina. Naturally she accepted.

Rudolf was so elated by the happy event in his private life, that he got a bit careless at work and got arrested.

He had to do time in the Sunset Valley jail.

The arresting officer took hold of all the possessions Rudolf had in his inventory - including some fish Aidan had given to him. On their way in, the officer explained the procedure to Rudolf, a first-time offender: "You can reclaim your possessions when you leave. We don't want you to escape using your tragic clownfish!" 

Officer Judson Parker then came over to the Frios and told them the bad news of Rudolf's arrest.

Well, in fact the officer was there because of the false alarm Aidan made in order to get another NPC friend, and the same goes for the firefighter. The pizzalady was really delivering pizza, though Madison really wanted some ice cream. 

Aidan was ready to move on to the next phase of his life, and so was Rudolf. So Rudy invited Marina over with the intention of getting married right away. But his prison sentence had been so long, that his betrothed had become an elder while he was locked away. Rudy was so frustrated by this, that he broke up the engagement immediately.

Luckily mother Madison had also some ex-papergirls she could call, who surely would not become elders any time soon. Danita was the prettiest of them. Even Rudolf liked her, but she was playing hard to get. Blaming headache and sleepiness she left when Rudolf wanted to kiss her.

An aspirin and a good night's sleep can change everything. The next morning, Danita was ready not only to kiss...

... but to get engaged ...

... and to marry Rudolf right then and there in the bathroom.

The next Frio was conceived immediately - once again on the parent's bed.

And now the moment we all have been waiting for! The wedding guests started to arrive - from the left: cousin Marcella Ursine, an unknown NPC, Melissa Goth, Aidan's best friend Kaylynn Langerak, Melissa's daughter little Letitia Goth, the bride's sister Imelda Madsen and an unknown townie.

Earlier that day, Aidan had received a very important delivery through the mail. He had spent the morning hanging his new collection of death fish on the wall. He felt he needed something to distract his thoughts from the ceremony and to keep his nervousness in check. Unfortunately the guests did not even notice the collection, when they gathered in the living room. Their eyes were set on the happy couple.

And Aidan was so happy that he did not notice that Eve had decided against a proper wedding dress. All he could do was to stare with a foolish look on his face, when Eve slipped the ring on his finger.

Everybody was happy...

... with the exception of Mortimer Goth, who apparently was still bitter that he did not get a proper wedding party.

If you don't count Mortimer, there was not a dry eye in the room. Even a mean and hard criminal like Rudolf Frio had to secretly wipe moist from the corner of his eye.

One last look in the bathroom, where Rosa the laundry gnome is keeping guard of his precious laundry equipment. It's time to change the active household now! :)

Stats for generation 1:

1. Aidan was born well within the allotted time (did not make a note of the exact time) to Connor and Madison (nee VanWatson) who were both living together.
2. Aidan got on honor roll both in elementary and high school.

3. 10 different NPC Friends: 
    Police - Judson Parker
    Repairwoman - Sheree Hughes
    Paperboy - Felipe Hatfield
    Pizza Deliverer - Jeanie Good
    Maid - Sylvester Phan
    Mail - Jess Lanier
    Tattoo artist - Beatrice Parent
    Firefighter - Therese Foust
    Repo - Freddie Hinton
    Ghost - Jared Frio

4. 10 Best Friends:
    Daneille Bass
    Arlo Bunch
    Darlene Bunch
    Sandy French
    Madison Frio
    Rudolf Frio
    Mortimer Goth
    Kaylynn Langerak
    Eve Madsen
    Janna Starkey

5. Max Unique Career: Angler (Legendary Piscador)
6. SuperMax Unique Skill: Fishing

7. 10 BlackOps:
    A Fishy Science Project
    Outside Reading (Demand Excellence...)
    Monster from the Deep
    A Fish of Life and Death
    Musical Assembly
    Lobsters in Demand
    Guitar Up!
    Aquarium Fishing
    Funny Looking Fish
    Extra Apendages Are Fun

7. Fully Owned Building: Aidan's Day Spa
    Fully Upgraded Property: Aidan's Old Pier Beach
8. Aidan is an adult.
9. Jared Frio has died a natural death and left a medium tomb on the home lot.
10. Set of 10 Unique Items: 10 mounted Death Fish, total value: 3580 simoleans

Vacation days used: 0 (no WA at this point of the challenge)

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 01:07:31 PM »
Congratulations! Keep up the good work. I love the story.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 12:53:25 PM »
Before moving on to the new heir household, I want to show you some scenes from the family of Melissa and Mortimer Goth. There were some intresting developments. And everything happened when my sims from the original household visited the Goths, who were out of my control. Things like these make me love story progression.

Spares: A Rocky Relationship

After marrying Mortimer Goth, Melissa (formerly Frio) and Mortimer moved to the "Koffi house" (I let the the game choose a house for them).

When mother Madison went to inspect the house, she found Mortimer alone there. The reason for Melissa's absence became clear, when she arrived carrying a baby girl in her arms. So, Mortimer had not been there for his wife during the childbirth.

Madison was happy to be the first to meet her first grandchild, Leticia.

A couple of days later Rudolf aged into young adult at the Goth household. Leticia also had her birthday the same day, since she was still a baby when Rudolf arrived, but was crawling around the house a bit later.

When grandmother heard that Leticia was a toddler now, she hurried over to teach her to speak.

The atmosphere between Melissa and Mortimer seemed really tense. They hardly looked at one another, and Connor and Madison had an option to 'cheer up' Melissa.  

Connor tried hard not to notice the tension, when the couple started to discuss their marriage over his head.  

(Notice that Rudolf's efforts of training Mortimer had given great results.)

Finally Melissa flat out accused Mortimer of stabbing a dagger into her (heart - I guess).

Melissa does still look gorgeous, though, once she abandons the culinary career outfit.  

Grandmother still taught little Leticia to walk for a while, ..

... until Leticia got really tired. Grandpa Connor wanted to put the little one to crib, but there was no such thing in this house! Poor girl, apparently she had to sleep on the floor.

Fast forward a few days: Aidan was visiting his sister's household and peacefully chatted with Mortimer, when Melissa stormed in. She started yelling at Mortimer and informed that she is divorcing him.

A huge fight ensued and both parties threw garbage on each other. Aidan was feeling very uncomfortable.

All of this took place, when the Goths were unplayable. But I was curious to get to the bottom of it all. So I opened the Goth household in an old save file: Mortimer had memories of Sandi French becoming a romantic interest and had a red heart with her. So, old Mort definitely was the guilty party here.

In spite of the divorce, Melissa did not move out. And much later, when Mortimer had turned into elder, Eve Frio caught the couple flirting and holding hands, when she arrived for a visit. Eve was as happy as I was seeing the Goths had patched their relationship!

This maybe a bit spoilery, so I won't go into details. But decades later, when Mortimer had been dead for ages, Melissa was heart broken after an unknown townie. I had noticed at some point that a strange guy was living with Melissa and Leticia, but had not paid closer attention to the matter. Now I know that Melissa had found another love and lost him, too.

Next time: the new DecaDynasty household!